Value of: Pavel Buchnevich

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
What would it take to get Buchnevich on the Leafs?

I think he'll fit in well on a line with Matthews and Marner and this will allow Hyman to go back to the third line. Ideally, Kerfoot could go the other way for cap purposes.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
American Buch has been a staple on our top line. He leads our team in scoring (yes, we know Panarin has been out), and he's become a revelation on the PK with the help of Lemaire. He uses his body well and does not shy away from the physical side of the game. Cap hit of 3.25 and an RFA after this season. With the way he has played the past season and a half I see him as a part of our core and thus it would be costly to pry him away. Presuming you are spending futures on him and want us to take back some cap (such as Kerfoot, who doesn't really appeal to me muich at all) itd cost a 1st + top prospect (Sandin or Robertson), or 21 1st and 22 1st.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis

I think he'll fit in well on a line with Matthews and Marner and this will allow Hyman to go back to the third line. Ideally, Kerfoot could go the other way for cap purposes.
Hyman scored 2 goals tonight, and has had a solid year. Why is him being in the top 6 a problem?

Reactions: the Chad Kilger

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
Hyman scored 2 goals tonight, and has had a solid year. Why is him being in the top 6 a problem?

Leafs need Hyman on the third line to lift the third line to produce more. Leafs had a productive third line before, but Dubas traded Kadri for Kerfoot and Barrie and the rest is history.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
American Buch has been a staple on our top line. He leads our team in scoring (yes, we know Panarin has been out), and he's become a revelation on the PK with the help of Lemaire. He uses his body well and does not shy away from the physical side of the game. Cap hit of 3.25 and an RFA after this season. With the way he has played the past season and a half I see him as a part of our core and thus it would be costly to pry him away. Presuming you are spending futures on him and want us to take back some cap (such as Kerfoot, who doesn't really appeal to me muich at all) itd cost a 1st + top prospect (Sandin or Robertson), or 21 1st and 22 1st.

That's an expensive package. I'd rather the Leafs go after Rackell if the Leafs are going to give up a package like that. Rackell has 1 more year on the contract too.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
That's an expensive package. I'd rather the Leafs go after Rackell if the Leafs are going to give up a package like that. Rackell has 1 more year on the contract too.

Thats fair. If you arent trying to unload money on us I think 1st + Amirov would be agreeable.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Buch has become a complete player and still under control. This is not a middle 6 add and more of a key piece in the top 6 add now. Hopefully he keeps it up but this isn't a bottom 6 player + 2nd round pick type deal anymore.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Kerfoot was not added as a centerpiece. He was added for cap purposes. And understandable as well.

There could be quite the bidding war for Buch if he became available.

Boston needs secondary scoring in the worst way and the Rangers were after a few of their guys.

Colorado i think would also like to shore up that 2nd line RW position as well.

Rangers van do well here if trading Buchnevich is the plan

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Kerfoot was not added as a centerpiece. He was added for cap purposes. And understandable as well.

There could be quite the bidding war for Buch if he became available.

Boston needs secondary scoring in the worst way and the Rangers were after a few of their guys.

Colorado i think would also like to shore up that 2nd line RW position as well.

Rangers van do well here if trading Buchnevich is the plan

I'd love him on the Canes. He'd be excellent across from Svechnikov.

Dominik Bokk + Jack Drury for Buchnevich

Drury may be the best C prospect playing outside of NA this year. He's been outstanding in the SHL.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
22 points in 26 games where he's finally getting the minutes. Now, his shooting percentage is a tad high, but he is still making things happen.

At 25, he could be part of the Rangers when they're ready to compete for a Cup. They shouldn't trade him unless the return is too good to pass up.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'd love to have Buch on the Canes. I'd hate the price it would cost to acquire him though and think it would be too prohibitive to make a deal. Understandably so.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
A bit more on the PK note:

Among players with 20+ mins played on the PK, he's 19th league-wide in GA/60, and he's played at least 15 mins more than anyone above him. If you change the criteria to 50+ mins, he's second behind only Andy Greene, who barely makes the cut at 50:27. And this is a guy who'd never played on an NHL PK before this season

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
22 points in 26 games where he's finally getting the minutes. Now, his shooting percentage is a tad high, but he is still making things happen.

At 25, he could be part of the Rangers when they're ready to compete for a Cup. They shouldn't trade him unless the return is too good to pass up.

I imagine they dont actually want to.
But.... cap. And needs. And many
Many young players requiring new contracts this year and next on that team.

Unfortunately for the Rangers there will likely also be the superstar effect where his production last year and this will be tied to Panarin.

That said, I’d very much like him on the Pens too. Just not for anything like what Rangers fans would hope to get.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Kerfoot is not remotely ideal for NY. The 3.5 for this guy is ridiculous, but could be negotiated if that were 1 yr expiring; 2 mo seasons of that after this? No way Jose.

If we agree on value and cap dump, fine. Other option is for Leafs to add any NY retains half on Buch.

Concur.
He is available b'c long term we can't afford him. Not a prob in short term.
He will want north of 5 into 6 pushing 7 per but next 2 yrs are still covid depressed flatish cap, so if he goes short term it will be a 1+ upgrade on his current 3.25, but not large amount. I could see 5 yr deal 5.2, 4 yrs at 4.75, something in that range, w/no NMC, decent ntc. That would up his value as tradeable asset.

This means we are not giving him away, but he is not untouchable. For the right price, recognizing he has upped his game, can be had,

Buch has become a complete player and still under control. This is not a middle 6 add and more of a key piece in the top 6 add now. Hopefully he keeps it up but this isn't a bottom 6 player + 2nd round pick type deal anymore.
complete agree

Buch + Georgiev for Nylander and Hutchinson

Am I doing this right? @bernmeister
There have been various incarnations of this, all are Buch +.
Until last moves to netminder part of roster, Geo was a valued add; now he is a better fit for a team like BUF.
The other part of that equation has been Deangelo, and that is no longer a fit.

Although the thought of Kreider and Nylander as bookend Ws is salivating, not sure I see Nyl to Rangers as natural a deal as it once was.

Leafs would have to do @Calad suggested type return as above.

I'd love him on the Canes. He'd be excellent across from Svechnikov.

Dominik Bokk + Jack Drury for Buchnevich

Drury may be the best C prospect playing outside of NA this year. He's been outstanding in the SHL.

I'm more comfortable w/you keep Bokk, make it
Drury + 2021 1st + 2022 2nd
for
Buch retained at half + NYR 2022 3rd

something like that
as an opening bid,

more if Bruins, Leafs, etc add competing offers

interested in seeing what clubs will get serious...

Reactions: Zats Muccarello

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'm more comfortable w/you keep Bokk, make it
Drury + 2021 1st + 2022 2nd
for
Buch retained at half + NYR 2022 3rd

something like that
as an opening bid,

more if Bruins, Leafs, etc add competing offers

interested in seeing what clubs will get serious...

Retention is pretty meaningless and doesn't add to value in this situation. Canes will have no issues fitting Buch in this year and he needs a new contract next year.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Retention is pretty meaningless and doesn't add to value in this situation. Canes will have no issues fitting Buch in this year and he needs a new contract next year.

Yup. If NYR doesn't want Bokk then I'd say something along the lines of Drury + 1st straight up for Buch. That return stings for the Canes but I think Buch would be the perfect fit on our roster.

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3