Value of: Pavel Buchnevich

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
That's an expensive package. I'd rather the Leafs go after Rackell if the Leafs are going to give up a package like that. Rackell has 1 more year on the contract too.
Rakell is a UFA after that year. Buchnevich needs a new contract, but he's still an RFA. I'm assuming nobody just goes with a 1 year deal for Buchnevich.

NYR have too many wingers for top 6 minutes. Panarin, Laf, Kreider are all on the left side. Buch, Kakko and Krav are our only real Right side wingers, so unless a left winger is coming over, Buch should consistently have a top 6 role with us. No real reason to trade him and I don't think the value for him changes between the trade deadline and the offseason/season. So no decision needs to be immediate.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Yup. If NYR doesn't want Bokk then I'd say something along the lines of Drury + 1st straight up for Buch. That return stings for the Canes but I think Buch would be the perfect fit on our roster.
How has Bokk been? Bokk was getting hyped during the later part of his draft season - how has he developed?

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
Rakell is a UFA after that year. Buchnevich needs a new contract, but he's still an RFA. I'm assuming nobody just goes with a 1 year deal for Buchnevich.

NYR have too many wingers for top 6 minutes. Panarin, Laf, Kreider are all on the left side. Buch, Kakko and Krav are our only real Right side wingers, so unless a left winger is coming over, Buch should consistently have a top 6 role with us. No real reason to trade him and I don't think the value for him changes between the trade deadline and the offseason/season. So no decision needs to be immediate.

Curious about what you think Buchnevich new contract will look like? Buchnevich at 3M ish is good value, but if it's at 5M+, that's likely too expensive for the Leafs. The Leafs still need to sign Hyman too.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I think if Buchy hits the trade market, pricing is going to get interesting.

Solid two-way forward can play on aa top line and kill penalties.

these are the types of players teams overpay for as they know they are retaining for more than one PO run.

Especially those teams that are thisclose to contending.

Reactions: Trxjw

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
How has Bokk been? Bokk was getting hyped during the later part of his draft season - how has he developed?

He's got a ton of skill and promise but he's had an inconsistent ride thus far. Part of that is being bounced around in Europe from various teams. He's starting to find stability and looking good while playing on the wolves in the AHL. 7 points in 11 games and a +3. Maybe sacrificing a bit of offense to play a more rounded game.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Theres absolutely no reason for the Rangers to move him unless its a ridiculous overpayment

Exactly this. Been quietly a huge piece for us the past couple years and has developed into a really good top 6 RW. Only thing that will make Gorton think about moving him is if Kravtsov comes in and already proves he can be a 2nd line RW but I doubt that happens yet. And if Buch ever is traded it will be for a C of equal value......not prospects and picks

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Buch brings scoring, some grit, and now he can kill penalties at a high level. 25 and RFA eligibility. Should bring a pretty penny from a team who needs that on their right side and is willing to extend him.

It's a real shame that he's finally blowing up just in time for the Rangers to be looking towards a future cap crunch. Maybe they keep him and deal him later once the need for cap space becomes paramount, but I could see him going at the deadline if a team makes the right offer. Really strong prospect and a pick, might do it, but I'm sure the Rangers are hunting for a player who is ready to step in more than they are another draft pick.

Seems like a bad fit for the Leafs though. He's a RW not a LW and I can't see how they'd be able to retain him beyond this season. Someone like Granlund seems like a better play.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Don't you guys think players like Buch are exactly who the Rangers should be cashing in on right now? They are looking at a seriously dangerous cap situation in a couple years and trading middle of the roster players like Buch is a good way to help with that. He has one year of control left after this, they should get as much as they possible can for futures or young players to delay the pain and try to gain more depth as their young players start to get more expensive. He's one of the better wings "available." I'd take what I can get for him like they should have done for Kreider.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Exactly this. Been quietly a huge piece for us the past couple years and has developed into a really good top 6 RW. Only thing that will make Gorton think about moving him is if Kravtsov comes in and already proves he can be a 2nd line RW but I doubt that happens yet. And if Buch ever is traded it will be for a C of equal value......not prospects and picks

Boo. We like Bern's proposals better.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Don't you guys think players like Buch are exactly who the Rangers should be cashing in on right now? They are looking at a seriously dangerous cap situation in a couple years and trading middle of the roster players like Buch is a good way to help with that. He has one year of control left after this, they should get as much as they possible can for futures or young players to delay the pain and try to gain more depth as their young players start to get more expensive. He's one of the better wings "available." I'd take what I can get for him like they should have done for Kreider.
i never trust a post that starts out 'of course you all agree with me' 8^)

anyway, as NYR fan, i don't agree that Buch must be traded, or that Kreider shoulda been.

Maybe i am too old school, but guys who come up with the team, and earn top roles, become part of the identity, I like those guys, get attached to those guys, and don't just see a marketable asset.
NYR have moved a number of accomplished in-house developed guys - Hayes, McDonough, Zucc, Miller, Pionk -
They don't have to cycle out ALL of them
Flat cap sucks, but the team will figure it out.

Reactions: Lindberg Cheese

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Other than Fox, and to a lesser degree Lindgren, none of the kids have earned a big payday yet. It doesn't make much sense to trade Buch just because we think some other players will earn big contracts in the future. Kakko will need to have a big year 3 to earn a significant payday. Lafreniere and Miller still have 2 more years on their ELCs. Chytil needs a new contract this summer, but he's not going to get a significant raise.

Buch is young enough that we can re-sign him and trade him at a later date if the cap becomes an issue or younger players make him expendable. Until that happens, there's little reason to trade him, barring an overpayment that fills a significant need for us, like a center.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I'm more comfortable w/you keep Bokk, make it
Drury + 2021 1st + 2022 2nd
for
Buch retained at half + NYR 2022 3rd

something like that
as an opening bid,

more if Bruins, Leafs, etc add competing offers

interested in seeing what clubs will get serious...

We agreed on Skjei for a 1st last year and it sealed the deal. I think Drury + 2021 1st for Buchnevich is the top that I would want to pay, but I would do it.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
We agreed on Skjei for a 1st last year and it sealed the deal. I think Drury + 2021 1st for Buchnevich is the top that I would want to pay, but I would do it.

Agree to agree!
I'd do the slightly less of your original, but prefer the slight add to NY of mine.

Speaks well when people who are close enough recognize they can be flexible to get a deal done.

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Curious about what you think Buchnevich new contract will look like? Buchnevich at 3M ish is good value, but if it's at 5M+, that's likely too expensive for the Leafs. The Leafs still need to sign Hyman too.

You and everyone else know a 25 yr old winger on pace for 70 points and playing all situations isn’t signing anywhere near 3 million per

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
25 years old, with multiple years of control, playing 1st line since the start of last year, playing in all situations, 22 points in 25 games

I don't see how that is worth any less than the equivalent of 2 1st round picks

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Theres absolutely no reason for the Rangers to move him unless its a ridiculous overpayment

Yeah, and what contract is he going to sign? I mean, he'll be an RFA, but just for 1 year. And he's arbitration eligible. Rangers are kinda lucky their top prospects (aside from Shesterkin) suck, because otherwise they will have a lot of salary problems. I think, they will still have them.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
So can we finalize this?

No retention on Buch, Canes offer full cap relief, so:
Drury + 2021 1st
for
Buch

or is it still nec for a small add to NY? [maybe OTT 4th for CAR 3rd?]

Reactions: AndreiThreeK

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
After seeing his progression over the last few years and they player he’s become now, I have to think that he won’t be traded but resigned. He may have to go within 2 yrs depending on unanswered questions with C investment but getting a late 1st and B+ prospect doesn’t excite me. Jury is still out on Kratvsov and our window will begin sooner rather than later so he is relevant. We should keep him as well as an asset for part of a hypothetical C trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad