Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Back to Pavel......he certainly can "snipe" from time to time.......but to be labeled as such, well.....he needs to do that 35-40 times a year for 5 years or so. Imo.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Just off tarasenkos pace at the same age and similar minutes..

Some of you talk about vesey still being young and developing when he’s 2 years older than buch.. trust the process fellas this is going to be a good one

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's overrated only if you think he's on par with the McDavid's, Eichels, MacKinnon's, etc.

It's quite reasonable to think that he will consistently score 60 points per season, something this team hasn't had during the most recent generation of the team. And it's also possible that with with more minutes and maybe further development, he's better than that and is a consistent 70 point player per season who could hit PPG his best season. The team hasn't had a PPG player in any season since Jagr.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
I would be happy seeing 50+ points consistently before we start thinking 60 or 70.Let's see what happens with a new coach,system and ice time.The talent is clearly there though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I would be happy seeing 50+ points consistently before we start thinking 60 or 70.Let's see what happens with a new coach,system and ice time.The talent is clearly there though.

He might hit 50 points this season, and will almost surely do so over an 82 game average.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
He's overrated only if you think he's on par with the McDavid's, Eichels, MacKinnon's, etc.

It's quite reasonable to think that he will consistently score 60 points per season, something this team hasn't had during the most recent generation of the team. And it's also possible that with with more minutes and maybe further development, he's better than that and is a consistent 70 point player per season who could hit PPG his best season. The team hasn't had a PPG player in any season since Jagr.
Gaborik had 86 points in 09-10

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

pblawr

Jul 16, 2016
The Athletic: You speak three languages?
(At this point, at the next locker stall, Pavel Buchnevich butts in and asks, “Three?” Kreider then turns and converses with him in Russian, and Buchnevich says he knows a few words in French. “So you’re fluent in French?” Kreider asks in English).
Kreider: I took Spanish longer than I took Russian. Everybody speaks Spanish.
The Athletic: Are you fluent?
Kreider: Conversational.
(Kreider turns to Buchnevich and tries to convince him he also speaks Mandarin. “I’m working on my Hindi,” he adds. Buchnevich isn’t buying it.).

Got a kick out of this part of The Athletic interview w Kreider if no one else has posted it yet.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Back to Pavel......he certainly can "snipe" from time to time.......but to be labeled as such, well.....he needs to do that 35-40 times a year for 5 years or so. Imo.
yeah, he has a laser of a shot in the right situations, but he definitely looks to pass first.

he and skjei are my top two candidates for players who will benefit most from a new coach

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

NYRantLftyC19

Mar 17, 2007
I did not like Buch's play last night at all... I know he got a point with a secondary assist, but I saw terrible decisions by him all over the ice. As always, flashes of insane skills, but there were plays out there he made that were so head scratching or lazy... Like on the last pp when he put a weak backhand around the boards to a Jackets player behind the net with minimal pressure, or the two times in the game he tried to stickhandle through someone at the blueline only to turn it over, and it felt like he was just getting the puck taken away from him or giving it up quite a bit this game.

I like him a lot, but there's still a lot he needs to work on. When he fixes some things, he's going to be awesome and consistent I feel. 60-70 points and someone who creates a lot of space for his teammates through his playmaking. I'm totally confident he'll get there.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
He just needs to become better on the boards, that will come with more muscle, then the sky is the limit for him.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
It helps not putting him with a plug and a guy who obviously can't play center and built his career playing with Kucherov and Stamkos.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
We will have two skilled centers coming up soon. It will be interesting to see how AV will incorporate them and, specifically, whether he’d put one of them with Buch.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
With Anderrson and Chytil on the way they may want to open up a center spot for one of them
True, I could see him and Chytil working well together potentially, both have pretty nice vision and Chytil seems to be a bit more of a finisher by habit while Buch is a bit more of a setup man

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Or we could put our top line back together. Novel concept after the recent propaganda that Buchnevich was the problem with that line.
Or just keep the line that is absolutely on fire together for now until they cool off. It's a team, it's not all about Buch. Part of being a top NHL player is being able to play with a range of guys. Like I said, I'd like to see him with Hayes and Vlad and have him focus on being the shooter on his line.

Reactions: Brooklyn Ranger

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Or just keep the line that is absolutely on fire together for now until they cool off. It's a team, it's not all about Buch. Part of being a top NHL player is being able to play with a range of guys. Like I said, I'd like to see him with Hayes and Vlad and have him focus on being the shooter on his line.

Its not as on fire as people claim, which is my point. Kreider and Zibanejad have scored more goals with Buchnevich on the ice than with Fast since the new GAG line was put together, although AV and MSG wouldn't want you to know that.

I don't know why people insist he plays with Namestnikov. They don't play well together, Namestnikov has shown absolutely nothing so far. Players don't need to play together because they are Russian.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Buch is definitely opportunistic, but I think he's always kind of been that player. At least as of yet he isn't creating a ton on his own but more working with what he's getting.

I do see the other side of the argument - on more than a few occasions I've seen him half ass a play and give up possession except doing that little bit extra. If he was a more experiencef player doing these things I wouldn't be too happy, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt right now. Unlike someone like Zherdev though I think he has a much better head on his shoulders and will work to improve on his weaknesses every season

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Its not as on fire as people claim, which is my point. Kreider and Zibanejad have scored more goals with Buchnevich on the ice than with Fast since the new GAG line was put together, although AV and MSG wouldn't want you to know that.

I don't know why people insist he plays with Namestnikov. They don't play well together, Namestnikov has shown absolutely nothing so far. Players don't need to play together because they are Russian.
The KZF line has dominated the run of play every single game they have been together. I don't know how you can say that they haven't been as "on fire" as people claim.

Reactions: Miamipuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad