Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I said that, but is there any quantifiable data that says he misses the net more often than other shooters?

I was bored, so, I took each forward that played the entire season for us and did [iSF/60 / iFF/60], which gives a percent of unblocked shot attempts that they hit the net on. (per Corsica)

Hayes - 81.3%
Desharnais - 81.0%
Zuccarello - 75.9%
Vesey - 75.6%
Zibanejad - 75.0%
Fast - 72.5%
Buchnevich - 72.2%
Kredier - 71.7%

Take from it what you will, but he does look to hit the net a little lower on average than our other forwards.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He had a dip of form for a few games, but I think the last 5 or so matches he's been very good. He should probably have like 10 points in those games, some of it is some chances he's missed, some of it is chances teammates have missed. I guess it all evens out at the end of the season, he probably had some matches this season where he picked up points, but didn't play well.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
That’s a fair point. @Pavel Buchnevich I guess shots on goal divided by shot attempts before and after his concussion might kind of verify what you’re saying but the data set might be too small and is filled with noise. Might take a look later.

I don't know if there's a real way to look at it Too many variables come into play. Like missing the net on shots that should hit the net vs missing the net shots you just try and get through to the net. High danger opportunities, shots where the goalie is beat, etc. I don't think you can just look at shot attempts.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Buch needs to just be let loose. Imagine his point totals if given some more rope?
We will see as early as next season when AV is finally and hopefully gone, and since you`re a Canuck moderator u probably remember AV when Sedins were great players? :)

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
We will see as early as next season when AV is finally and hopefully gone, and since you`re a Canuck moderator u probably remember AV when Sedins were great players? :)

I loved AV, guy is a character. Has flaws like every other coach but we were a good team under him. I’d take him over any goof we’ve hired since easily.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I loved AV, guy is a character. Has flaws like every other coach but we were a good team under him. I’d take him over any goof we’ve hired since easily.

Yes true his coaching stats is still very good, but I believe he is a better coach with either an international team like Canada, or Team USA in the next world cup, or a NHL team who have depth concerning veteran players. In my opinion we need a coach who is good to develop young players and understand they will do mistakes based of lack of experience in NHL, and I hope Jeff G. consider a new coaching staff with his rebuild.

Reactions: PG Canuck

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yes true his coaching stats is still very good, but I believe he is a better coach with either an international team like Canada, or Team USA in the next world cup, or a NHL team who have depth concerning veteran players. In my opinion we need a coach who is good to develop young players and understand they will do mistakes based of lack of experience in NHL, and I hope Jeff G. consider a new coaching staff with his rebuild.
A lot of coaches favour veterans because they are trying to squeeze of wins to make them last longer. The shelf life of head coaches varies drastically. Don’t really want to turn this into an AV thread because I know how HFRangers feel about him.

I expect Buch to have another big step next year, especially if a new coach is in NY.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes, I agree, it`s about Buch - I think he has a good chance here in NYR and we has room to improve his overall skillset - unless he is moved for future in a package deal for early draft positions who knows what is going to happen in the summer window, but it will be very busy for us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad