News Article: Paul Maurice resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calcutta

Oct 3, 2019
Well, after years of wondering, we're about to find out what life is like without Pomo and 26.
Wish him all the best.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Must be real, it's being reported on different news agencies

Paul Maurice resigns as head coach of the Winnipeg Jets - Winnipeg | Globalnews.ca

Still,
VengefulSentimentalArcticduck-max-1mb.gif

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
He was probably given the option to resign or be let go.

TNSE letting him feel it was his decision.

So you’re saying between the options of being fired and getting paid and resigning and not, he chose to resign and not get paid? The guy has been around enough and been fired enough times I doubt it would matter to him. Especially given his length of time with the jets.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
holy...now that's a development!

A tad melancholic, but he had a good run. Not many coaches in the NHL make it to 9 years with a club. A change was needed so hopefully we get some good results.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
But we are still stuck with Huddy. And the special teams between multiple coaches still here.... i believe Paul does not get paid now correct? I mean he was probably asked to, but he also is the type if there is one out there to resign knowing he has no more answers, it is likely eventually coming anyways, and the stress part not to mention covid.... also on a game day?

Reactions: Gabe Kupari

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Honestly long overdue but I'm seriously shocked right now

It's so out of the blue but not really.. I'd agree this was their way of letting him go gracefully tho.

Just so shocking tho. Gotta give Lowry time now. (I'd have no issue with Adam being given the C btw) (smart savy media guy) (heart and soul type)

Can't expect miracles. Wonder if truly is personal reasons... why now. And what reason really.

Reactions: Moe Mantha

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I dislike Maurice as a coach. He's been a standup person though which from what I've seen and heard. I hope it's nothing outside of hockey related that forced this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad