News Article: Paul Maurice resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Plan the parade!!!
It makes a lot of sense that this ends as a "resignation" and not a "firing" considering how much everyone seems to like Paul
And now Adam's dad takes over!

Reactions: The Blue Baron

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
It was time for Maurice to go as his message has worn thin with the players. However, I’m not celebrating this turn of events because Maurice is a good and decent person. The team hopefully end up with a better record as a result but sad when a good person can’t succeed.

Recipe Unlimited

Sep 1, 2019
Which players will benefit from this trade specifically? (Inb4 every player because maurice sucks amirite)

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I'm wondering if he saw the writing on the wall and this is kind of a mutually agreed upon way of Paul not getting fired

Seems kind of out of left field tho. Perhaps he realized he could only take them so far.

Wish Paul the best of luck. Hopefully it's just mental fatigue and he gets out of his funk. Looks like he aged a bit the last 2 years and maybe he just wants and needs family time.

Nov 24, 2006
You could see this coming. The tide of negative public sentiment was everywhere online and in the press.

I was at the Buffalo game and watched that piss poor effort met with boos from the stands at the end of the game. You knew it was near the end. I'm assuming they let Mo walk away instead of being "fired" which I think is a classy move and the right one here.

More importantly, we get a new coach. Please breathe some life into this team Mr Lowry.

Huddy should be let go immediately at a minimum but it looks like that's not happening.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I knew he would never be fired. But I expected a 'promotion' to management, not a golden parachute resignation. Either way, it is long overdue!

Woo Hoo! Something to be excited about again!

Reactions: hn777

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
It will be really interesting to see how a new coach will see the role of Wheeler especially, him being the captain and getting paid like a superstar. Someone suggested Torts but Torts would run Wheeler out of town in my opinion. He loves gritty players but he needs results or replaces you with no regard to tenure.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
He was probably given the option to resign or be let go.

TNSE letting him feel it was his decision.

Bingo. This is 100% a firing. Let's call it what it is. But this is also TNSE doing him a respectful solid. They love the man as a human being, and I respect that. Resigned it is. I'm stunned. Thought he would at least get into January.

Edit - Actually maybe I am wrong. If he resigned he won't get paid the duration of his contact? Unless TNSE is loyally going to pay him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad