Waived: Paul Byron on waivers again (April 9): Cleared.... again

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Funny all of us bitching on byron, yet a look at the sabres, we can see hall , skinner and okposo with as many goals or less as the mighty byron

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
was talking of skinner. And i was sarcastic, though looking at buffalo rooster, sure they are stupid
Hall is easy to trade for them as he is UFA, as for skinner, i can argue its the worst contract in hockey, except if i missed another

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
was talking of skinner. And i was sarcastic, though looking at buffalo rooster, sure they are stupid

Skinner was coming off an impressive year, he would have got a contract somewhere. I would take Staal , Okoposo or Hall in a heartbeat and not think twice.

Reactions: habsfan891

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
That's the thing, he shouldn't be the enemy, just as Danault shouldn't, for management's bad decisions.

The mob of fans, in their delusional, emotionally deprived ways, turned him into the enemy.

That enemy thing is on the fans. They need to look themselves in the mirror and ask themselves why they're spending so much negative energy, in their very short time on earth, on a game. Not something real, but a game - like back gammon or shuffleboard. It's a game. There are real issues in real life - in the world, in peoples' personal life. This isn't one of them. It's a game.

Maybe people people aren't allowed to goto work, and have had their savings wiped out with Covid? So they turn to sports for a relief, and when they see someone making millions who isn't very good at their job, it irks them? Its not hard to understand why fans vent on players, is it?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Maybe people people aren't allowed to goto work, and have had their savings wiped out with Covid? So they turn to sports for a relief, and when they see someone making millions who isn't very good at their job, it irks them? Its not hard to understand why fans vent on players, is it?

I just think it would be more productive for fans to use their energies in other ways.

But of course we all have our own lives to choose what to do with them. My 2 cents is they might want to take a look at whether such negativity is good use of their energy and time...

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
That's the thing, he shouldn't be the enemy, just as Danault shouldn't, for management's bad decisions.

The mob of fans, in their delusional, emotionally deprived ways, turned him into the enemy.

That enemy thing is on the fans. They need to look themselves in the mirror and ask themselves why they're spending so much negative energy, in their very short time on earth, on a game. Not something real, but a game - like back gammon or shuffleboard. It's a game. There are real issues in real life - in the world, in peoples' personal life. This isn't one of them. It's a game.
That's what a game is for, just like this board. A place or activity to live out you fears and frustrations, and to mirror the success of your team, or just to kill time and forget all that stuff you mentioned, if only for a brief period of time. You can worry about the real life and still enjoy it.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
I just think it would be more productive for fans to use their energies in other ways.

But of course we all have our own lives to choose what to do with them. My 2 cents is they might want to take a look at whether such negativity is good use of their energy and time...

So fans , the ones who make a franchise possible, shouldn't complain when a guy is overpaid and a team isn't performing? Nobody should be held accountable, and we should just smile and take it? Nah, don't think so.

Reactions: Habs178

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Status quo.......again:mad:

giphy.gif

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
So fans , the ones who make a franchise possible, shouldn't complain when a guy is overpaid and a team isn't performing? Nobody should be held accountable, and we should just smile and take it? Nah, don't think so.

I wouldn't recommend using a single negative emotion on a game. You mentioned covid. If covid is affecting someone's life negatively, learn new skills, spend more time with family.

How is complaining that someone else hit the jackpot for playing a kids game helping your life? And I'm not sure Byron is underperforming, given his 31 year old body. Gomez had effort issues. But he also lost a step when he hit 30, 31. I think Byron has too. Not sure he can DC o anything about that. After scratching and clawing his way to get into the league, would you have turned down the big contract Bergevin gave him?

Reactions: 1909

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
I wouldn't recommend using a single negative emotion on a game. You mentioned covid. If covid is affecting someone's life negatively, learn new skills, spend more time with family.

How is complaining that someone else hit the jackpot for playing a kids game helping your life? And I'm not sure Byron is underperforming, given his 31 year old body. Gomez had effort issues. But he also lost a step when he hit 30, 31. I think Byron has too. Not sure he can DC o anything about that. After scratching and clawing his way to get into the league, would you have turned down the big contract Bergevin gave him?

So learn to code if you lose someone to covid. Got it. lol

Reactions: 26Mats

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad