Prospect Info: Patrik Nemeth

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Pretty much. Decent skating, good use of the body, decent awareness in his own zone. Been a fairly good shutdown guy in Cedar Park. Main knock on him is that he needs to make better decisions with the puck in his own end, sometimes holding it for too long and getting forechecked hard or making a slightly ill advised pass. He's getting better at it.

As it is now, I see him being a mid season call up or waiting another season unless trades/injuries happen.

Dr GLU

Mar 1, 2002
Northern Hemisphere
If you could put his brain in Oleksiak's body, we'd have a guaranteed top pairing guy. He has the confidence and killer instinct that Jamie seems to lack. He's held back mainly by the fact that he seems injury prone.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Him and Klingberg will probably be the ones with Dallas next year. Him moreso, though

I agree, but if they only have room for one rookie, I think Klingberg's right shot gives him the edge over Nemeth. Seems pretty important to both Nill and Ruff.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
I agree, but if they only have room for one rookie, I think Klingberg's right shot gives him the edge over Nemeth. Seems pretty important to both Nill and Ruff.

That is a tough one because Nemeth is obviously more NA ice tested at this point. If they sign a righty like Fayne maybe that means Nemeth is the more likely of the two.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I could be wrong but I get the feeling that Klingberg is going to be short tracked to the NHL. He brings so many skills and attributes to the table that we desperately lack, but more importantly I don't think Nill is necessarily the kind of guy who has to put every prospect through the paces in the AHL. Klingberg has been playing at a high level in Sweden this year and I think he could very well be on the opening roster next season if he has a strong camp.

I think for him it comes down to how well the player can adjust to the new rink dimensions/physicality at the NHL level rather than the AHL.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I could be wrong but I get the feeling that Klingberg is going to be short tracked to the NHL. He brings so many skills and attributes to the table that we desperately lack, but more importantly I don't think Nill is necessarily the kind of guy who has to put every prospect through the paces in the AHL. Klingberg has been playing at a high level in Sweden this year and I think he could very well be on the opening roster next season if he has a strong camp.

I think for him it comes down to how well the player can adjust to the new rink dimensions/physicality at the NHL level rather than the AHL.

Heika and Bob Sturm have recently indicated the front office is very high on the guy.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Nill went out of his way to mention him yesterday.

We've seen young Swede defenders have immediate success before on other teams so it'll be interesting to see how a #1 D on one of the top teams in the SHL translates to the NHL potentially right away.

If they're overly cautious with him like they've been with Connauton, it could be an underwhelming year for him. John probably needs a sink or swim scenario rather than dip my toe in and play limited minutes with no PP time.

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
The problem is the current defense lacks both sides of the spectrum. We need Klingberg's offensive mind and right shot, but we also need Nemeth's size and hard-minded defensive ability. I agree, there's a good chance Klingberg gets fast tracked to the NHL. But Nemeth has also played pro hockey for a pretty long time now and done well. Perhaps we'll see Rome out in any fashion, and then Daley traded making room for both. Idk. I'd honestly just prefer to see both of them.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
The problem is the current defense lacks both sides of the spectrum. We need Klingberg's offensive mind and right shot, but we also need Nemeth's size and hard-minded defensive ability. I agree, there's a good chance Klingberg gets fast tracked to the NHL. But Nemeth has also played pro hockey for a pretty long time now and done well. Perhaps we'll see Rome out in any fashion, and then Daley traded making room for both. Idk. I'd honestly just prefer to see both of them.

So Rome bought out or sent to Austin

One of Daley/Goligoski traded (we'll say Daley in this example)

Leaves us with:

Goligoski, Dillon, Benn, Gonchar, Connauton, Nemeth, Klingberg

If that's the case, I wouldnt mind suggesting Sergei to go to russia

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home

Leaves us with:

I like it. It gives you 2 good defensive players to anchor the liabilities.

(no sides in order)
Klingberg - Dillon
Goligoski - Nemeth
Benn - Gonchar/Connauton

I put Nemeth with Goligoski so that you don't have a straight up rookie line of Nemeth and Klingberg. And let's be honest, that could really be a 1a 1b situation. The third line would still be a bit of a liability but you hope they'd be able to hold their own most of the time. Connauton being the possible scratch because I think the organizxation is set on Jordie.

It looks pretty inexperienced but you have to move forward with the youth at some point.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX

Leaves us with:

I don't think Klingberg has a fast track to the NHL. He'll need to move through the A to transition to the smaller ice and faster decision making.

That being said all of those guys bolded provide basically the exact same thing. Mediocre puck movement and small bodies.

Gonchar is the one guy I'd want to throw a bone to for one more season. He's shown some flashes of brilliance these past couple of months, and his patience for western forechecking is starting to blossom slowly.

Buyout Goligoski, trade Daley, then bring in a shutdown guy who will actually clear a crease.

UFA-Dillon
Connauton-Gonchar
Nemeth-Oleksiak/UFA shutdown guy
Benn

This defense has to add some serious size. The skill is there in Connauton and Gonchar, so now we need to give them the back end protection they need to blossom under Ruff. Oleksiak and Nemeth have shown they have superb chemistry, and dealing with the kinks that could bring gives Jordie games to get in as well.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Klingberg has been a top D in a league that is maybe better than the AHL, expecting him making the Stars next season is very possible.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Goligoski, for all his faults, still holds a lot of value. You'd be surprised what he would return in a trade.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I don't think Klingberg has a fast track to the NHL. He'll need to move through the A to transition to the smaller ice and faster decision making.

That being said all of those guys bolded provide basically the exact same thing. Mediocre puck movement and small bodies.

It's too early to say how good of a puck moving defenseman Klingberg is. He's certainly one of the better ones in Sweden.

Also, there is zero chance Goligoski gets bought out. Traded, maybe. Not a chance in hell management pays him to go away.

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
Don't make me cry...

371aabd3d792ffa3caca5357a1b650f3334615f8d31711a6e599a9e00d5db171.jpg

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006

I'd say it's more so the defensive side that the defense core lacks.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I'm not sure how to find the stat now without manually adding everything up, but I saw on an opposing broadcast that the Stars had one of the lowest scoring D corps in the NHL. They lack everything.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
If Goligoski has value he would've been dealt already. I'm not sipping the FSSW kool-aid anymore.

No GM in their right mind would honestly look at his play over the past couple of seasons and think "Hey, I sure would like to add what this guy brings to my team!" Or if they do, it's for a 7th + 50% salary retained.

The guy will NEVER blossom in Dallas, and is the greatest case for change of scenery I've ever seen. Can't trade him, don't want to play, so buy his ass out.

If Gags and Nill are actually serious about improving the team, then a buyout is an incredibly attractive option for somebody that bad. They've got two that they can use. Suffer with the product on ice and ticket sales, or gain some cap space and pay a ****** player off?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad