Patrik Laine Part IV: More Hats, Less Sunglasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The grid and the numbers on left are for both cumulative shot% (percentage) and cumulative goals (amount) I understand? Technically I guess you should remove the % from after the numbers on the left for future versions for enhanced clarity, because the percentage chart already says it's percentage (so it's redundant) and the goal amount chart obviously shouldn't read %.

Other than that, :handclap::handclap::handclap:

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
The grid and the numbers on left are for both cumulative shot% (percentage) and cumulative goals (amount) I understand? Technically I guess you should remove the % from after the numbers on the left for future versions for enhanced clarity, because the percentage chart already says it's percentage (so it's redundant) and the goal amount chart obviously shouldn't read %.

Other than that, :handclap::handclap::handclap:

Indeed, good point. Cumulative percentage and goals .curves use same axis and goals made in a game different measure at the bottom of the grit. I'll fix things for next update.

I just found that it's possible toggle grit and rulers on in MS-Paint. Lol. I made that graph using hand-eye coordination, so minor inaccuracies are possible in curves places (give or take fix pixels). I like make stuff like that. :)

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Indeed, good point. Cumulative percentage and goals .curves use same axis and goals made in a game different measure at the bottom of the grit. I'll fix things for next update.

If it does not make it too busy I would also color the 1G, 2G, 3G in right in the same green as the bars are, to make it even more intuitive that they are meant for the green bars, while the gray numbers on left are for the curves.

... and the green could also be Jets blue. ;)

Last edited:

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Ok Lempo. Bestness! o7

Further stuff from my little statistical MS-Paint anvil. Rookie scoring graph. Situation in TOP 10 rookies after Laine's 45th game.

x2voY1s.png

Approximate trajectory of The Finnish Flash's rookie season marked with yellow stars.

GO JETS GO!:yo:

tze

Jul 12, 2014
I think his shot has been way off after the injury. Today most of his shots were on goal though.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Turned the puck over on a two man advantage and if not for Pavs making the big save, we are down 3-2.
Otherwise, not a bad game but he has had better.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
He's becoming a playmaker. Maybe the concussion changed him?

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
:nod: :laugh:

This guy is MONEY. The first assist was a thing of beauty. Still shaking my head at the level of hand/eye required to pull that off.
Yeah and there was that other play where he knocked the puck mid-air in center and ended the attack in wrister that Lehtonen was barely able to save.

Makes me wonder why we don't have stuff like bouncing the puck on your stick in All-Star competition. I think Laine could handle that. :laugh:

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
I think his shot has been way off after the injury. Today most of his shots were on goal though.

I think it was also few games before injury. Reason to that is easy to guess, he has work more on his playmaking skills, what is absolutely smart move. His shot is already good enough and at this point he should focus on other areas to be all-around beast.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Several players turned the puck over leading to scoring chances tonight

Were they also the last player back on a 5 on 3 advantage?......clearly a rookie mistake that Pavs bailed him out of....and then Scheif scored. Otherwise, he had a pretty good game but he is still learning the D game.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
He's becoming a playmaker. Maybe the concussion changed him?

His playmaking has always been better than AM's.
Most of the time the early talented/developed kids play center because they dominate everyone in their agegroup. That doesn't mean they are good playmakers and should play center as adults.
In a few years AM will be a Gaudreau like winger or maybe even a little bit Kane-ish.

Pate should learn to take some faceoffs...maybe he's good in that, too?
There has been a center who reminds me of Pate...;)

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I'll just leave this here for Patrik
His buddy Mark is ahead of him in goals department
and his dynamic duo partner is ahead of him in assist department

:)

166kxuw.jpg

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
It kind of looks like Mark's season isn't as fluky as we would have thought, come the end of February last year. This point per game pace is redonkulous, and is exceptional value for somebody making just a shade over six million a season. Please don't fall off, Fefe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad