Patrik Laine Part IV: More Hats, Less Sunglasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
While laine was injured, I think it was dreger who talked about who to vote for; Matthews or marner for Calder. Laine is back in the lead with three less games played, he must be the front runner again no? He was all but forgotten but now those media type must be waffling.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
3 less games played, but don't the Leafs have like 4 or 5 games in hand for them to catch up?

Ny rillataan

Timo Jutila
Jan 7, 2017
Toronto
Finns: Is anyone a Helsingin Sanomat subscriber? I'd really like to read this Kuukausiliite article about Laine but am not a subscriber, and I can't go and buy this issue either (or get the free two-week trial of the online version) due to living abroad. If anyone could be kind enough to take screenshots of the full article, that'd be great!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Its interesting though because at some point credibility is going to have huge currency again. There is an incredible amount of misinformation now being pawned off as "news" and I am finding I am ignoring (not trusting) social media for real news and I am going to tried and true resources that actually "report".

Oh yes, absolutely. The problem here is to find sources that are still holding firm to the ethics of journalism. Not going to get political here but you can see outlets like CNN and FOX News shaping the message to fit their audience. Not lying, per se, but not being fair and balanced.

It's really hard to find sources like, say, NPR or BBC in sport. Editorialization and bias really permeate the sports news world, unfortunately.

But I digress. Patrik Laine - total beauty :)

I still think he's not quite feeling the confidence that he was pre-injury but he'll get his mojo back and go on another tear. I think he wins the rookie scoring race despite games missed.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
While laine was injured, I think it was dreger who talked about who to vote for; Matthews or marner for Calder. Laine is back in the lead with three less games played, he must be the front runner again no? He was all but forgotten but now those media type must be waffling.

To be fair both those guys were tearing it up while Laine was down and out. Some of it was just recency bias

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
19. Dallas

w5W1W8E.gif

20. Dallas

R2ucoeu.gif

He appears to have the super rare trait of seeing the game in slow motion. Everything is precise and looks easy to him. Very few players off the top of my head have had that ability. I'd mention one, but that comparison tends to get ridiculed on this board.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
How about this guy totally asleep this game?

You have the odd nice pass.

He needs to dump a bucket of 300 pucks and dangle some coke cans from the posts of the net and SHOOT.

He HAS been off since his injury. I know it's not something people are willing to admit. Eventually he will be ok, it looks like he can't even elevate the puck at this point.

He has the ability to dial in and shoot in an elite way. He need to refocus on what he is good at.

Put in the time and get back.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Definitely an off game for our 18 yr old stud...maybe even worse than his first game back after injury. He will be fine...he's allowed though, he's 18. Not too many though, please.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
How about this guy totally asleep this game?

You have the odd nice pass.

He needs to dump a bucket of 300 pucks and dangle some coke cans from the posts of the net and SHOOT.

He HAS been off since his injury. I know it's not something people are willing to admit. Eventually he will be ok, it looks like he can't even elevate the puck at this point.

He has the ability to dial in and shoot in an elite way. He need to refocus on what he is good at.

Put in the time and get back.

He was like this before the injury as well

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Man regression sucks. I don't have that "feeling" when he gets the puck in the offensive zone anymore.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Man regression sucks. I don't have that "feeling" when he gets the puck in the offensive zone anymore.

Me neither, but that's just because it's been a long time since his proper snipe. I think it was against Vancouver. Missing 8 games makes it feel like an eternity.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
He needs to pick up his D game if you ask me. It isn't very good no mattter how o ld you are....Ehlers too.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
He needs to pick up his D game if you ask me. It isn't very good no mattter how o ld you are....Ehlers too.

He's not aggressive enough in his checking. It's not enough that you wave your stick at them a little bit. Same goes for the board battles. Give it your all kid.

Insthofen

Dec 2, 2016
Laine was almost abysmal. It has been the case earlier too, when it's an early game and Finns are watching. Maybe pressure has got to him?

Kratti

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Finns: Is anyone a Helsingin Sanomat subscriber? I'd really like to read this Kuukausiliite article about Laine but am not a subscriber, and I can't go and buy this issue either (or get the free two-week trial of the online version) due to living abroad. If anyone could be kind enough to take screenshots of the full article, that'd be great!

1/4
2/4
3/4
4/4

There you go, enjoy. It's a long, in-depth article. Quality (sports) journalism, at least for Finnish standards. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad