Patrik Laine Part II: The Man Wants All the Hats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Nope :laugh:
There's just huge cultural differences & complete lack of NA media training. For us Finns, hockey players (let alone teenagers) talking hockey in suits&ties seems kind of silly and pretentious

I get the "job interview" comparison but nothing is as phony as those situations, and besides if you're a hockey player, if you should be working but are wearing a suit then things aren't really going especially well for you.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
If i'm Laine i'm not gonna suit up @ 3 AM for some dumb interview.

E: Some pretty interesting stats:

Laine is scoring heavily against the odds. Corsi is getting better though, but there's lots of room for improvement.

Last edited:

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Really like how he untwirls his hockey stick after scoring a goal like almost like how golfer do it

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
seriously it was a great goal just on the wrong net lol

If he had gotten a secondary assist on the goal that happened from his pass to Trouba, I think the night would have seemed a bit better. I think his overall game is improving still and noticed some good things last night save for the own goal. Still some mistakes as well which I'll chaulk up to bad schedule and Oilers being really fast and good.

We could try to frame this as Laine donating goals to teams in need?

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Waiting for a gif of that goal to be added to the OP... ;)

Seriously I feel really sorry for the kid, but I am glad he's good buddies with Ehlers because Nik can certainly relate having scored a game losing own net goal exactly one month prior... in OT no less!

BTW I'd like to be a fly on the wall the next time they sit down to play each other in a game of NHL 17... :laugh:

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Ehlers and Laine are much better than Larson. Larson's shot on his own goal last night was weak. Or his goalie was paying attention.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Feeling very pessimistic about "my" team. Expecting Laine to be so devastated by his own goal that he sinks into a deep depression and moves back to Finland in the summer.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
This kind of sample set will be very small over his career, you know.

The guy can learn from his mistakes, you know.

"A child on a raft coming from the south of Nile won't be placed again to a raft... not in this realm..."

- A Finn,
during 4th year of the regime of Niinistö :laugh:

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Soo... Is that one going to make it to the gif collection...?

The goal point obviously go to stock up that one guy's statistics. It's like Jets don't think much of him and are actively conspiring to force the Oilers to keep him in the roster to their own hamperment.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Guys deep breath.

I was impressed with a lot of people last night. I thought Wheeler showed great leadership. I thought Patrik showed a lot of maturity facing the media. I think this could be a point where the team comes together. It was a bad blunder but it happens. The sky isn't falling.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Guys deep breath.

I was impressed with a lot of people last night. I thought Wheeler showed great leadership. I thought Patrik showed a lot of maturity facing the media. I think this could be a point where the team comes together. It was a bad blunder but it happens. The sky isn't falling.

Technically, the sky can't fall because it's like, you know... AIR!!! What can happen is ****ing Leafs fans everywhere peeing themselves with glee over this, and that just doesn't sit well with me. I eagerly await ill fortune befalling their shiny, perfect draft pick.

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg
Just saw an advertisement on the side of a bus today for Jets seat exchange with Laine on it. Pretty cool for such a young kid in a new world.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
hockey players (let alone teenagers) talking hockey in suits&ties seems kind of silly and pretentious

It doesn't just look dumb, it is silly when you think of it IMO :laugh:

Saw lots of Jokerit stuff in KHL specially last two seasons.. While they travel with private jet like in the NHL, they don't use suits, just Jokerit hoodies or jackets.. Just would look.. well as you said if they did use suits.

That own goal happened in to a bad place, just before the 3 days rest. It's bad **** and all but its just one ****ing goal, Laine will get over it in no time. He should take it like "it's my 18th of the year, whaddaya got matthews, can you pull that off? U got nothing, u got no balls to do that." Jk, but seriously....

Last edited:

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Technically, the sky can't fall because it's like, you know... AIR!!! What can happen is ****ing Leafs fans everywhere peeing themselves with glee over this, and that just doesn't sit well with me. I eagerly await ill fortune befalling their shiny, perfect draft pick.

Nah, Leafs fans should know already that Laine occasionally puts in the GWG. It's pretty hilarious that our agitated cries of "Why it had to be Laine!" are verbatim to what they were saying after the OT of the Winni Toronno game.

Of course it's the usual suspect standing right there where the lamp-litting snipe can be traced back to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad