Post-Game Talk: Patrick

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Wasn't it you @ohbaby that predicted "how much you wanna bet, that the Canes beat up on the Panthers that night?" If so, kudos man, kudos.
Actually I said don't be surprised if they mop the floor with them. Which they promptly did shutting them out. So yeah, I did say something close to that.

I don't bet sports, but I think you would get good odds taking the Isles over the Canes tomorrow. Isles lost 4 in a row and Canes have won 3 in a row. Plus the Canes are a very good road. team. 4th best in the league. They are gonna get their asses handed to them.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Myth.

There is no such thing as a team developing players. They either improve or they don't.

Did the Rangers develop Laf, but didn't develop Kakko?

Did they develop Buch, but not Etem?

Did they ........
Utterly false.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Even if t wasn’t, he clearly believes that teams play no role in the development of a player… which is certainly a take.
I actually agree to an extent, that teams don’t have 100% control over development. And that we fans tend to overvalue an organization’s ‘player development’ role.
I think a team can slow down or accelerate a players development. But also, I think the player will eventually find their level regardless.

Last edited:

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Utterly false.

We've been through this before when I asked you to show me proof of your allegation that some teams, GMs, and coaches are better at developing players than others.

Other than telling me I was wrong, you had zero proof of your allegation.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad