Post-Game Talk: Patrick

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Hey Fellas, sorry have not been around this weekend, had a gig Friday night, and had to move equipment on Sat, and was out with friends today for St. Patricks day. I only had my phone with me, which is difficult to do a game thread.
We will excuse you this time. But don't make a habit of it, or no Cowabungas for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leonardo87

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I give the weekend wins 2 O'briens

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Loved how Kakko got the puck at the boards, then went straight towards the goal and scored. Hopefully he can do that even if they face a competent D. He is good enough in tight spaces to be a menace comming into the slot, and with a good shot aswell.
That should be his finishing move. His Stone Cold Stunner, his Tombstone Piledriver.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
By the way the past 21 games

One team is 15-4-2 = 32 pts

One team is 16-3-2 = 34 pts

One team is 14-5-2= 30 pts

The one on the top is league darlings Carolina Hurricanes, the one in the middle is our always struggling New York Rangers, the one on the bottom is Runaway Cup Fav Florida Panthers
I was informed by a Devils fan that NYR is overachieving. So the record doesn't count.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Yeah I’ve seen a few people suggesting our best lineup has a Jones+Ruhwedel pairing in place of Lindgren+Trouba so I’m interested to see how the next few games go. Jones is already an above average driver of offense at 5v5 which is awesome

The Jones narrative is going to be how well the organization has brought him along but theyve really just been slow as shit to recognize even slightly that he’s worth prioritizing. Jones is way ahead of where Schneider was at 60 NHL games but the leash has always been infinitely shorter because small. It’s wild to me how the front office looked at Schneiders skillset and agreed to hold their nose for 150 games until he got his shit together but needed to waste two playoff runs with Nemeth and Mikkola before Jones could get some burn.
Well. Schneider played his firs 60 games at like 19, Jones is 23.
I like Jones’ play, he makes Gus expendable. Brings things the team needs. Hopefully he’s a regular going forward. However I don’t see the need to run down Schneider, he was given an opportunity and seized it, he’s been an NHL Caliber Dman. Jones just took longer, 22-23 used to be about the norm for rookie Dmen breaking in, I don’t think Jones is behind schedule. They just had different development paths.

My sarcasm was lost on many with that comment
Even if t wasn’t, he clearly believes that teams play no role in the development of a player… which is certainly a take.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Well. Schneider played his firs 60 games at like 19, Jones is 23.
I like Jones’ play, he makes Gus expendable. Brings things the team needs. Hopefully he’s a regular going forward. However I don’t see the need to run down Schneider, he was given an opportunity and seized it, he’s been an NHL Caliber Dman. Jones just took longer, 22-23 used to be about the norm for rookie Dmen breaking in, I don’t think Jones is behind schedule. They just had different development paths.

Some team is going to pay Gus too much, and hes 32. It will be Drury's preference to extend Lindgren and roll with Jonesy on 3rd pair for the foreseeable future beyond this year.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Some team is going to pay Gus too much, and hes 32. It will be Drury's preference to extend Lindgren and roll with Jonesy on 3rd pair for the foreseeable future beyond this year.

That's possible but he may also be looking for term rather than the highest dollar amount. He has bounced around quite a bit and may feel that he just fits here playing in Laviolette's system. I'd offer him a 3 year deal at around $3m and see if he takes it. I think that's reasonable.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Any word on Lindgren?

I’m no doctor but it didn’t look good. But I’ve seen similar injuries to Leo Carlsson and Kakko with the knee bending like that and they missed time but not a crazy amount of time. Just have to hope for the best maybe 4 weeks and he comes back for playoffs?

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Just wanna thank the people that quoted my additional Laffy mention, then 2 minutes later, snipe! @Breaded Fox, @Cmox , @Paulie Walnutz , @Profet, @JimmyG89, @majordomo

Posted this yesterday way before the game.
Larrybiv
Yesterday at 11:02 AM
Post #7
I think and feel that this game will be especially great for our kids. KK, Laffy, Cuylle and maybe Edstrom? k'Andre needs a much better performance than yesterday, despite his fortunate goal.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I'm still not convinced Gustafsson is cashing in.

This is the player he is. He's had better years. I don't see any reason GM's aren't going to think what they always thought.

I think it depends on team playoff success as dumb as that sounds. If they bow out in the first or second round, he probably won’t cost a lot. If he’s playing minutes on a conference champ or Cup champion team, he’s now a “playoff tested vet” with a ring.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think it depends on team playoff success as dumb as that sounds. If they bow out in the first or second round, he probably won’t cost a lot. If he’s playing minutes on a conference champ or Cup champion team, he’s now a “playoff tested vet” with a ring.
Yeah, you're probably right. Just existing in the playoffs inflates value.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The Lindgren injury along with Trouba’s injury could end up being a blessing in disguise. The team will need to work towards a more defensive mentality and it will help build experience with their depth, Jones and Ruwehdl. It’s not perfect but it may actually help for a long playoff run.

Those guys should also return fully rested.
Yes, that cup is half full. Have always thought that injuries "unify" a team. Miss them when they're out, but welcome them wholeheartedly when they return, healthy and rested. It's when you have too many injuries that pushes the team to the breaking point. And I'm not falling for the Trouba sucks theory. His salary and "top pairing" are 2 things to argue, but he IS an on ice presence and there are probably 25 other teams that would love to have him, if they could afford him. I think we take him for granted, until he roughs up someone, then we're happy, right?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Jones' IQ really showing. He either makes the right decision in the o zone to create chances with his legs or he make super crisp passes like the one that led to Trocheck's post late in the game.
what about that rush where he was all alone, turned on the jets and went backhand, almost scoring? #Joneshastalent,
#releasethattalent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad