3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
That should be his finishing move. His Stone Cold Stunner, his Tombstone Piledriver.
Haven't seen too many players able to do that. That was tight quarters, and he maneuvered flawlessly, what a shot! I can see himn doing that for many years. That will be his forte', but hopefully many other added offensive plays that come with confidence.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Anyone ever think about guys like Bonino and Pitlick, who played most of the year but then poof, just gone, as if they never even existed. Pitlick, he didn't get to play in the Stadium Series, that must've really stunk. Trades are one thing, but "OK bye now" has to be worse no?
Yeah, I thought about that as well. But it didn't have tyo be like that. They could have played better. I didn't like either of those pick ups and would have preferred any younger replacements, but I guess they weren't ready? So be it, turned out great as they were just "biding time" and I will use a hated term.......they were plugs. Filling a necessary hole for the time being.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
as others have brought up, the big concern with jones is against heavy teams and a more physical playoff style hockey. he’s fine against finesse, but he’s been pushed around a lot, and I still worry about that.
Only one name that may help limity Jones getting pushed around. Rempemania. But I know, youre talking about in the DZ. Well, he's just going to have to be faster, move the puck and avoid being a sitting duck on the boards, like somebody else we know that just happened to get hurt (once again). I pray he's going to be okay, the injury wasn't at his face/head this time.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Anyone ever think about guys like Bonino and Pitlick, who played most of the year but then poof, just gone, as if they never even existed. Pitlick, he didn't get to play in the Stadium Series, that must've really stunk. Trades are one thing, but "OK bye now" has to be worse no?
It's just part of the life of being a professional athlete. As fans, we tend to forget this and use the best players in the league a benchmark, but the NHL is already the most competitive league on the planet. By just playing on an NHL roster for a limited time, they're already more skilled than like 99.9% of everyone who has ever played.

Staying in the NHL for a prolonged period of time is ridiculously difficult to do.

Reactions: egelband and DialUp

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This is interesting....

St Louis beat Boston 5-1 after playing us and have won 4 in a row.
Canes beat the Panthers 4 zip after facing us, and have won 3 in a row.
Devils beat up the Stars 6-2 after facing us.
Bolts beat the Panthers after beating us.
The Pens wiped up Detroit 6-3 after facing us.

You know what this tells me? We are an elite team, and our opponents are just happy to get away to face lesser competition.

How much you wanna bet the Isles beat up on the Canes Tuesday?
Wasn't it you @ohbaby that predicted "how much you wanna bet, that the Canes beat up on the Panthers that night?" If so, kudos man, kudos.

Reactions: ohbaby

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This seriously is a post of the season candidate.
Let's just hope & pray it's not his LAST one.
and btw, your Drury avatar gives me the creeps for some unknown reason. Maybe because of how he owned us when on Buffalo, or how he absolutely underacheived when we got him, but was as expected, imo.

• Haha
Reactions: will1066

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Loved how Kakko got the puck at the boards, then went straight towards the goal and scored. Hopefully he can do that even if they face a competent D. He is good enough in tight spaces to be a menace comming into the slot, and with a good shot aswell.
NYI parted the seas for him, it's great he recognized it and went straight to the net with a laser of a shot.

For now he still struggles breaking past D men in the lane on the way to the net. He doesn't have that burst of speed, top end strength/balance/shiftiness, or elite hands which you kind of need to beat a D one on one to the slot. What he can do is draw a D to him and then find the open man. He's come close a few times with a tricky deke or chip play through the D man, but just can't finish the move cleanly to get a chance out of it. I think another off season of solid training, hopefully locally with CK and crew, can go a long way to giving him what he needs physically and instilling confidence.

Like Trocheck for example manages to get to the net one on one occasionally, because he's extremely strong on his skates while protecting the puck, has a good burst of speed and good enough hands. He also can sense vulnerability in the D position and exploits that. You don't need to be strongest, smartest, fastest or most skilled, but you def need to be good to great in those categories to do that.

Reactions: tiggles

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
It's rough, but hey at least it's not the NFL with non-guaranteed contracts, where if you cut a fringe player the contract is almost always voided and they don't even get paid anymore

Reactions: egelband and DialUp

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Hey Fellas, sorry have not been around this weekend, had a gig Friday night, and had to move equipment on Sat, and was out with friends today for St. Patricks day. I only had my phone with me, which is difficult to do a game thread. Thank you @FultonReed and @tlk for covering my ass, lol.

Saw the game at the bar, looks like we dominated!
i hope i was an acceptable pair of pants

Reactions: Greg02

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Yes, that cup is half full. Have always thought that injuries "unify" a team. Miss them when they're out, but welcome them wholeheartedly when they return, healthy and rested. It's when you have too many injuries that pushes the team to the breaking point. And I'm not falling for the Trouba sucks theory. His salary and "top pairing" are 2 things to argue, but he IS an on ice presence and there are probably 25 other teams that would love to have him, if they could afford him. I think we take him for granted, until he roughs up someone, then we're happy, right?
I get frustrated at times with Trouba but I don't like when people say he sucks. He might struggle sometimes, like most players, but they snap out of it. It's a LONG season and no one can be 100 percent the entire time.

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Prior to this tough March schedule, I had "predicted/wished for"a relatively modest 8-4-2 record. And a 9 win month as outstanding.
That said we are presently 5-2-1.
Right on track. Tough games coming up. Particularly this week with Winnipeg, Boston and Florida again. IF we were to somehow win ALL of those 3 games, well wouldn't that speak VOLUMES to the rest of the league?
The West is very strong, we know.
Boston? Well, we can handle them, destroyed them last game, but we have to be ready for payback.
Florida.....the darlings (along with Carolina) of the league. Well, we just LOST to them, but weren't outplayed NOR dominated by any means. We NEED TO win that game back and make our Mark and feel our guys will be ready for that match.
***We could be nearing MANY TEAM records this season, surpassing CUP team, Hank teams and those wonderful teams of yesteryear. (Giacomin, Villemure, Ratelle, Gilbert, Hadfield, Tkaczuk, Stemkowski, Rousseau, MacGregor, Seiling, Nielson, Just saying. (Did I spell everything right because that's ALL from what little memory I have left, btw)

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I get frustrated at times with Trouba but I don't like when people say he sucks. He might struggle sometimes, like most players, but they snap out of it. It's a LONG season and no one can be 100 percent the entire time.
Yes, and thanks for your affirmation. The physical game he plays and the minutes HAS TO take it's toll. We have "no idea" how much Trouba is banged up on the daily. Do we? No. Anyway, he has won me over in time and I feel that we here are so looking to "get rid of him" thinking Schneider is a baby Trouba. Yeah well, I think I started that and it may be true, but maybe baby Trouba NEEDS Trouba to be there? That's a lot of responsibility to put on a 22 yr. old.
You don't know what you've got, till it's gone.

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Yes, and thanks for your affirmation. The physical game he plays and the minutes HAS TO take it's toll. We have "no idea" how much Trouba is banged up on the daily. Do we? No. Anyway, he has won me over in time and I feel that we here are so looking to "get rid of him" thinking Schneider is a baby Trouba. Yeah well, I think I started that and it may be true, but maybe baby Trouba NEEDS Trouba to be there? That's a lot of responsibility to put on a 22 yr. old.
You don't know what you've got, till it's gone.
Baby Trouba is THRIVING with Miller now.

Main reason I hardly VOTE is that it takes me extra time to figure out who is who with all these funny replacement names. Can we K.I.S.S.? (Take away the stupid)
AHA!! Yes!! I have to read the names a few times before I know who is who. LOL!! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Prior to this tough March schedule, I had "predicted/wished for"a relatively modest 8-4-2 record. And a 9 win month as outstanding.
That said we are presently 5-2-1.
Right on track. Tough games coming up. Particularly this week with Winnipeg, Boston and Florida again. IF we were to somehow win ALL of those 3 games, well wouldn't that speak VOLUMES to the rest of the league?
The West is very strong, we know.
Boston? Well, we can handle them, destroyed them last game, but we have to be ready for payback.
Florida.....the darlings (along with Carolina) of the league. Well, we just LOST to them, but weren't outplayed NOR dominated by any means. We NEED TO win that game back and make our Mark and feel our guys will be ready for that match.
***We could be nearing MANY TEAM records this season, surpassing CUP team, Hank teams and those wonderful teams of yesteryear. (Giacomin, Villemure, Ratelle, Gilbert, Hadfield, Tkaczuk, Stemkowski, Rousseau, MacGregor, Seiling, Nielson, Just saying. (Did I spell everything right because that's ALL from what little memory I have left, btw)
This time in the 93-94 season we were 43-21-6. Now we are 45-19-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad