Patrick Wiercioch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Ceci struggled on and off all year and it had nothing to do with Cowen.

Nothing to be alarmed about, another young player just finding his way in the NHL.

However Vesa, you should know better than to quote a statistic that is marginally better than plus/minus.

I believe Cowen was something like -10 playing with EK early in the year, then ended up -1 over the rest of his games played (ended -11).

IMO Cowen should never have been paired with EK because he just isn't ready for top pairing time and because EK has the second highest GA On/60 on the D.

Where EK has the opportunity and offensive ability to normalize some of these statistics, a player like Cowen just can't recover.

Fact is a good player playing consistently with bad players will get hammered by Corsi, (Cowen had the lowest Rel QOT) while a good player playing with great ones will get a boost.

This is a massive flaw in the way Corsi is generally used right now and the experts agree with this and are looking for solutuions.

So this isn't to defend Cowen, I would be the first to say he needs to be better, but using relatively meaningless stats in isolation knowing how Corsi works is less than fair IMO.

Didnt Ceci get worse when paired with cowen? Didnt Karlsson boost Cowen's corsi?

The thing is cowen being on the ice for a lot of GA correlates with his corsi against and scoring chances against

Like i showed everyone gets worse when cowen is on the ice corsi wise aside from a few players

Tee Lo

May 1, 2015
Cowen - Ceci was a good pairing for a good stretch and wasn't so good for another strech. Same thing applied to the Wier - Ceci pairing. Inconsistency is evident in both pairings and that's due to inexperience and age.

Does Hammond play lights out with those 3 in the lineup? Who knows but none of the defencemen played perfect hockey throughout that run. When you are winning you tend to focus more on the good things than to micro examine everything else when the team isn't playing so well.

Seriously, where are people getting this from?

They maybe played a few decent shifts for a couple of games, but really nothing more than that.

There's a reason Anderson was facing 40+ shots every night, and had to bail our Defense out to win some games.

We were 2nd or 3rd last in Shots Against in the first quarter of the season (We ended up 25th place in that category to end the season.)

Cowen looked bad with everyone he was paired with.

He was without a doubt our worst D-Man this season.

I was lobbying for Wiercioch to play instead, all season.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Seriously, where are people getting this from?

They maybe played a few decent shifts for a couple of games, but really nothing more than that.

There's a reason Anderson was facing 40+ shots every night, and had to bail our Defense out to win some games.

We were 2nd or 3rd last in Shots Against in the first quarter of the season (We ended up 25th place in that category to end the season.)

Cowen looked bad with everyone he was paired with.

He was without a doubt our worst D-Man this season.

I was lobbying for Wiercioch to play instead, all season.

Maybe the shots against were indicative of the system that was deployed by Stache?

And what do you mean where do people get that Cowen played good for a good stretch this season? All you had to do was watch the games and not over analyse every single thing he did.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
What kids has ottawa thrown away in the past that sens fans demanded traded? In general this team hasnt traded many young players exept for Ryan and some people were mad about that

I'm talking about the fanbase. That's why I specifically said fanbase.

Just look at this thread, the Cowen thread, the trade proposals.....every single one is full of giving our kids away for whatever shiny toy people see on another team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad