Speculation: Patrick Sharp trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowhawk

Dec 22, 2006
Ontario
It's going to be interested to see where he goes.

He's 33, he has 3 cups. Does he need to go an immediate contender, in his mind? Obviously winning is always great, but maybe now that he's achieved so much on the ice, there are other considerations that move to the front of the line.

Personally, I think Montreal would be the best bet.

They're a pretty good team, they're located close to where he grew up, and he'd be a Canadian playing in a huge, hockey-crazy Canadian market to close out his career.

Not really THAT much colder in the winter than Chicago, either.

Montreal is not really that close to Thunder Bay.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
sharp

Less scrutiny, less press, fewer girls throwing themselves at him, chance to reestablish his family life, move back out east, chance to be part of a rebuilding process, chance to mentor rather than be a supporting cast.....lots of reasons you and I wouldn't do it, but might make sense for him.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
That may be so, but the Caps need to win now. Boris Badenov had Wilson stapled to the bench at the end of game 7 against the Rags.

:laugh: They never will, when Ovi retires then maybe just maybe they can seriously think about it.

If i were Stan i wouldn't want anything from Caps, that team is a bad omen.

Oh wait they can have Bicks for free.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
:laugh: They never will, when Ovi retires then maybe just maybe they can seriously think about it.

If i were Stan i wouldn't want anything from Caps, that team is a bad omen.

Oh wait they can have Bicks for free.

Stan doesn't want anything from the Caps except a pick. The whole point of moving Sharp is to get rid of salary, not take anything back.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
IMO

1) Bowman won't trade him in division
2) Sharp will not waive for Nashville

Nashville is a fantastic city, it is no Columbus though, he may waive to go there. That being said, I don't see Stan trading Sharp within the division.

Colonel X

The Kentucky Colonel
Nov 16, 2013
Louisville
Nashville is a fantastic city, it is no Columbus though, he may waive to go there. That being said, I don't see Stan trading Sharp within the division.

Matter of perspective I guess. To me, Nashville is an awful city. Spent many days and nights there for both work and life. Not a fan.

Speaking of fans, there's are among the most obnoxious.

To the topic at hand....I think Sharp goes to a team like the one we just beat, Tampa. They could use a vet like Sharp. Don't know their cap situation though, but it seems like a decent match.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Stan doesn't want anything from the Caps except a pick. The whole point of moving Sharp is to get rid of salary, not take anything back.

So true JD, i would be fine with that but would feel sorry for Sharp, oh well not Stan's problem after the fact.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

I wouldn't say that. What if he was offered Karl Alzner for Sharp? I think he would be all over that.

Anyway, wouldn't mind a deal that saw Jakub Vrana and a 3rd coming back.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

It is when you're young and single and enjoy hitting the bars, that's for sure.

I'm not sure the benefits of Nashville apply as strongly to a rich older guy with a wife and kids.

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
Every year I hear how it's a "budding contender" yet it never comes to fruition.

Pittsburgh, too - although do they have cap issues?

I can see him in Pittsburgh for sure. Trying to think of who we'd get in return right now.

With their style and top 2 C's I could see Sharp scoring 30 here.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I don't think Pittsburgh has the cap and/ or assets to get him. The Hawks need picks and prospects. The Pens have neither

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Leddy = Pokka(few years away)
Ladd = marginal prospect and pick
Byfuglien = picks and prospects (Kevin Hayes.. Justin Holl.. Jeremy morin)
Bolland=picks
Frolik=picks

Soo... Based on the past of cap motivated deals.. Can't expect any immediate help

Washington's 1st this year and a 2cd next year for Sharp is the best I expect.

FYI.. Chicago has no 2016 2cd round pick

Last edited:

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Sharp

If we could deal Sharp and Bickell to Buffalo for their 2nd 1st round pick and their 2nd 2nd round pick, that would fill the draft gaps that Stan likes to fill, not add any immediate salary which Stan needs to do and provide a decent return. Buffalo wouldn't get winners and top 2 lines forwards to go with their quality young centers, Kane and the Russian winger that make the All Star game. Buffalo would still have the #2 pick overall and the first pick in the 2nd round so their draft would still be very strong. Win/win!!!

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
I doubt sharp names buffalo as a team he'd be willing to go to.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I'd like to trade Sharp to where he wants to go if it's at all possible. Can't believe he's going to be gone. I mean I can but...

Pulyx

Jun 8, 2015
Brazil
I doubt sharp names buffalo as a team he'd be willing to go to.

I doubt he names it too. But having a chance to play with McDavid or Eichel (depends on how the draft breaks) it wouldn't be bad to have such a friendly, smart, good player with a winning track record to mentor them.

abt424

Apr 4, 2012
Austin
This thread makes me sad. Obviously it's part of the game, but this core has brought so much over the past 7 years.

As somebody who experienced Roenick and Chelios playing for other teams, I dont look forward to seeing sharp in a different jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad