Player Discussion Patrick Kane

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
One hipped Kane was still better than our 11 million dollar Bread Man. Actually both of his friends have shown him up so far.
I mean Panarin has been very, very good thus far. He has looked like Year 1 Panarin. Skating hard. Back checking. Even throwing the body here and there. He is engaged.

The PP let us down. Not enough shots. The bumper slot opened up like they expected so they had chances there but they didnt also go back to shots from the point to let Kreider work the net front.

Reactions: EdJovanovski
Jan 8, 2012
NY
I mean Panarin has been very, very good thus far. He has looked like Year 1 Panarin. Skating hard. Back checking. Even throwing the body here and there. He is engaged.

The PP let us down. Not enough shots. The bumper slot opened up like they expected so they had chances there but they didnt also go back to shots from the point to let Kreider work the net front.
Yeah he looked better than last year for sure, but really there was no way he could be worse than last year.

But flubbing every single shot and being 1 for 11 on breakaways this year sure is...something.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Yeah he looked better than last year for sure, but really there was no way he could be worse than last year.

But flubbing every single shot and being 1 for 11 on breakaways this year sure is...something.
Ranger fans can never be happy lol. For once we signed a big-name UFA that actually has been living up to his contract and people find things to complain about. He wasn't even that bad last year, though he's definitely better this year.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Ranger fans can never be happy lol. For once we signed a big-name UFA that actually has been living up to his contract and people find things to complain about. He wasn't even that bad last year, though he's definitely better this year.
Last year's playoffs it was turnovers galore with Panarin. Like at least 5 cross ice turnovers each night. This year he's playing more disciplined overall and is making the good safe plays more often than not. I have hope that he will improve as the series goes on, as will Mika.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

He hasn’t “flubbed” every shot. I think you’re nitpicking a little too much here. He has been very good. Positive on ice impacts pretty much every shift. He was solid through the first two games and was pretty good last night. Difference is they lost last night and he didn’t score on a breakaway. Oh well. He still played great overall and the loss is on the whole team, not just him. And you cannot deflect as if you aren’t blaming him when you are pointing to how much he makes.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
He hasn’t “flubbed” every shot. I think you’re nitpicking a little too much here. He has been very good. Positive on ice impacts pretty much every shift. He was solid through the first two games and was pretty good last night. Difference is they lost last night and he didn’t score on a breakaway. Oh well. He still played great overall and the loss is on the whole team, not just him. And you cannot deflect as if you aren’t blaming him when you are pointing to how much he makes.
He misses the net way too much in crucial situations but then again, that's something that has plagued the Rangers ever since I started watching them.

He has shown much more hustle so that's good. But still. Need him to produce.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
It feels to me like Kane is quarterbacking rather than Fox really. He's set up Fox for shots and start the different plays.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Last year's playoffs it was turnovers galore with Panarin. Like at least 5 cross ice turnovers each night. This year he's playing more disciplined overall and is making the good safe plays more often than not. I have hope that he will improve as the series goes on, as will Mika.
You're exaggerating his performance last post-season. He wasn't that bad, but I do agree that he wasn't playing his best.

I think what we ignore or don't realize when it comes to Mika and Panarin is that they are the two forwards that opposing teams in the post-season key in on defensively. They get more attention than anyone else. So, yes their games are going to take a hit. Even McDavid and Matthews have been a bit underwhelming statistically to start the playoffs.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
You're exaggerating his performance last post-season. He wasn't that bad, but I do agree that he wasn't playing his best.

I think what we ignore or don't realize when it comes to Mika and Panarin is that they are the two forwards that opposing teams in the post-season key in on defensively. They get more attention than anyone else. So, yes their games are going to take a hit. Even McDavid and Matthews have been a bit underwhelming statistically to start the playoffs.
McDrai both had no problems putting up video game points last year. Matthews is underwhelming every year. Panarin used to be good with CBJ in the playoffs, don't know what happened to him but he was horrible last year. I don't know if you're Russian based on your username - I'm Russian also though and there's no need to pretend that he was good enough last year, because he wasn't.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
McDrai both had no problems putting up video game points last year. Matthews is underwhelming every year. Panarin used to be good with CBJ in the playoffs, don't know what happened to him but he was horrible last year. I don't know if you're Russian based on your username - I'm Russian also though and there's no need to pretend that he was good enough last year, because he wasn't.
McDrai being arguably the two best players in the league is an exception. Nearly impossible to contain them, though the Kings are doing a pretty decent job of it on McDavid right now.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Well, last year Panarin was playing through a lower back injury. He's significantly better this year although the points aren't there yet.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Well, last year Panarin was playing through a lower back injury. He's significantly better this year although the points aren't there yet.
If he was injured, all the more reasonable to play it safe instead of flinging the puck cross ice nonstop. Hes playing a safer game this year and hopefully the points and opportunities come.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
As a teacher, I've encountered a number of students who do what I call "running into the woods."

Some of them are really high-ability and know most of the answers, but as soon as they don't know the answer immediately, they turn into pumpkins and do the worst thing possible.

When Kane gets in trouble, he runs into the woods. He does things that make you say "have you played hockey before?"

The thing is, though, he's skilled enough to go just about entire games without running into pressure.

Reactions: CasusBelli
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Umm...what is this thread? Kane was the only player on the entire roster who realised there was a sieve in net who was giving up rebounds galore and kept on putting the puck into that area. All the other morons on this team were happy just passing it back and forth until a turnover happened.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
People are down on Kane? Odd. remember what Strome was doing on a bum hip last year? It certainly wasn't 7 points in 4 games

Reactions: Cygnus 2112

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Go back to Chicago. How this guy is on the 1st PP unit over terisenko is a mystery. He missed those couple games at the end of the season and Terisenko was on the top unit and it was great to watch.

Reactions: TopShelfSnipes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad