Player Discussion Patrick Kane

turcotte8

Feb 15, 2008
NY
Kane was like our 3rd best forward. (Kreider,Tank ahead of him) He was not the problem. I'd take him back for cheap.

Reactions: AzHawk

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Kane was like our 3rd best forward. (Kreider,Tank ahead of him) He was not the problem. I'd take him back for cheap.

Idk how true this is and even if it is, it's not saying much.

But if we wants to take a pretty hefty discount and understand that he might be playing down in the lineup and not on the 1st PP unit at times, sure.

Otherwise he can kick rocks. Very underwhelming as a Ranger is putting it nicely.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Pardon if this has been covered. I gave a quick look before asking.

So, what exactly is the asset hit for Kane now that we've been bounced in the first round, after conditions are met?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

So, what exactly is the asset hit for Kane now that we've been bounced in the first round, after conditions are met?
Pretty much the second rounder this year. We don't lose our first next year. I think also a 4th rounder next year.

Reactions: Kocur Dill
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Don't mind bringing him back at 1 mil if we stash him on LTIR while he recovers from surgery. Then he can play limited sheltered minutes.

Reactions: turcotte8

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Pretty much the second rounder this year. We don't lose our first next year. I think also a 4th rounder next year.
That was the only bright spot. Sometimes those conditions go against us. Glad it will only be a 2nd rounder now and not a 1st round pick.

Reactions: bl02

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
I hated the Patrick Kane experience more than I can even articulate. I never want to see him wearing a Rangers sweater again. I don't even care if he rebounds somewhere else next season and becomes great again. I am willing to take that chance. That just guarantees I never have to see him coasting up the boards, waiting for a pass that he will immediately give away with a behind the back pass to the other team, as his dumb expressionless face then mosies to the bench to catch his breath, just so he can do it again the very next shift, ever again. Go put up 70 points for Buffalo, or something. I don't want to look at you.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne

Pretty sure it ended up being (from us):
Andy Welinski
2023 2nd rounder
2025 4th round pick
plus a 2025 3rd round pick to the Yotes

Reactions: Kocur Dill

ajdj10

Feb 14, 2012
Neverland
I never want to see him wearing a Rangers sweater again. I don't even care if he rebounds somewhere else next season and becomes great again. I am willing to take that chance. That just guarantees I never have to see him coasting up the boards, waiting for a pass that he will immediately give away with a behind the back pass to the other team, as his dumb expressionless face then mosies to the bench to catch his breath, just so he can do it again the very next shift, ever again. Go put up 70 points for Buffalo, or something. I don't want to look at you.
Couldn't agree more with you on Panarin!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad