Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

If you're in the area, go take a faceoff with Bergeron.

He's probably the only player on the team that is safe showing his face in Boston today :laugh:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
17 points in his last 20 games, which is the same pace he was at last season. It really has been a tale of two season for Bergeron; once his foot healed, he was back to his Olympic level self. Playing with PPG Marchand and a guy who's flirting with PPG status in Pasta, he's got a good chance of finishing over 50 points after his slow statistical start as long as Bergeron's recent knee injury isn't serious.

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
17 points in his last 20 games, which is the same pace he was at last season. It really has been a tale of two season for Bergeron; once his foot healed, he was back to his Olympic level self. Playing with PPG Marchand and a guy who's flirting with PPG status in Pasta, he's got a good chance of finishing over 50 points after his slow statistical start as long as Bergeron's recent knee injury isn't serious.

Two decent breaks at the end of December and January will probably do wonders for him down the stretch. But now he's day-to-day with a lower body injury so...****.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
He was a total warrior out there tonight, playing hurt as usual. Whole line was battling for that matter. If a couple of the second liners had half of Bergy's heart this team would be doing better.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
He was a total warrior out there tonight, playing hurt as usual. Whole line was battling for that matter. If a couple of the second liners had half of Bergy's heart this team would be doing better.

I feel bad for him. They could not have asked more of him tonight. He and his line almost pulled out the win, in spite of most of the rest of the team.

I bet when he signed his contract in 2013 he did not envision the next few years going like this. He deserves better.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
He should have the C. Just saying. He is the absolute ****. The other guy(s) wearing A's need to ****ing step it up and one of them needs to move on

Krejci should not have an A.

And i can't wait until Bergeron gets the C.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I feel bad for him. They could not have asked more of him tonight. He and his line almost pulled out the win, in spite of most of the rest of the team.

I bet when he signed his contract in 2013 he did not envision the next few years going like this. He deserves better.

Agreed. It's really crappy that management has failed miserably at putting the team together. Losing young talent and signing old/declining talent or players that just are no good. Pinning all hopes on prospects that are nowhere sure bets, and are years away from being impact players even if they do pan out. Failing to fill in obvious holes, etc. Bergy and his linemates are doing their best to give it everything they have but it just isn't enough most nights. Feel bad for him, knowing how competitive he is and how much he sacrifices for the team.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
15 points in his last 9 games, 23 points in his last 19 games. He could take a run at 55/60 points, which is pretty crazy considering how his season started offensively.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
15 points in his last 9 games, 23 points in his last 19 games. He could take a run at 55/60 points, which is pretty crazy considering how his season started offensively.

I think he'll average a PPG going forward which should put him right around 55. He was clearly badly hurt throughout the 1st part of the year and just manned the **** up and didn't *****. He's been unreal lately. He's the Bruins version of Brady. The ****ing man.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Plus his regular defense, but you know he won't get the Selke again, because it's all about points and he had that slow start. Plus voters are tired of him being so good every year. Stop me before I finish my rant about that.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I think he'll average a PPG going forward which should put him right around 55. He was clearly badly hurt throughout the 1st part of the year and just manned the **** up and didn't *****. He's been unreal lately. He's the Bruins version of Brady. The ****ing man.

Brady is the Patriots version of Bergeron. ;) (Full disclosure...I am not a Tom Brady fan and I'll just leave it at that.)

Wonder if we'll ever hear what Bergeron was playing through.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
And yet next time a guy struggles with an injury will these people here show patience and understand reality... or just whine and complain and throw their baby out with the bathwater?

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Plus his regular defense, but you know he won't get the Selke again, because it's all about points and he had that slow start. Plus voters are tired of him being so good every year. Stop me before I finish my rant about that.

You are bang on...that's why he lost last year...he has won enough so let's give it to Kopitar who was clearly inferior to Bergys all world season

Last night on on Sportsnet they were going over six or seven selke candidates Bergeron wasn't even one of them.

They were touting Kadri who,just did a a weak flyby on the STL OT goal tonight...Bergy would never make that play...never

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
You are bang on...that's why he lost last year...he has won enough so let's give it to Kopitar who was clearly inferior to Bergys all world season

Last night on on Sportsnet they were going over six or seven selke candidates Bergeron wasn't even one of them.

They were touting Kadri who,just did a a weak flyby on the STL OT goal tonight...Bergy would never make that play...never

Kadri hahaha averages about 18 secs per pk.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
And yet next time a guy struggles with an injury will these people here show patience and understand reality... or just whine and complain and throw their baby out with the bathwater?

Guaranteed that it will be the latter. Instant gratification society is the name of the game for these folks...

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Bergeron now with 23 points in his last 20 games since returning from the Xmas break.

He's back folks.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Healthy Bergeron might push this team in the playoffs. It will be interesting to see how he does in a less defensive system. It should also be noted he was playing we before Claude was fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille