Player Discussion Pat Maroon

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
I can swallow this as long as the team lets Maroon be the asshole he's always been for other teams. Otherwise it is another wasted trade.

You'll have a hard time convincing me that it wasn't somehow conveyed to Garnet Hathaway that he should stop being an asshole once he joined the Bruins. He was 180 degrees opposite of the asshole he was on the Caps.

And right back to being an asshole on the Flyers. Absolutely was neutered here

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Gotta admit I was a little skeptical on the acquiring Maroon. Sure he's a proven winner but as someone who has dealt with back issues for almost 30 years to go along with a torn meniscus in both knees, I wasn't to sure how effective he would be. He answered all those questions and then some tonight. Taking that critical 1st game may be all the contribution we need from Maroon. Now, I doubt that's all he's gonna bring but if it was what get's us through to the next round, a 6th rounder was a steal.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
the stare down is probably one of the more intimidating reactions to a failed attempt at a late hit

Screen Shot 2024-04-21 at 1.14.23 AM.png

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I was nervous about acquiring Pat cause of his injury, but now that he's healthy you can already tell he's gonna be a difference maker. Just a veteran guy that's seen it all and knows exactly how to play in the playoffs.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Really liked the check where he took the leafs player over the boards and into the Bruins bench. Looked like it could have been a hit to the numbers but Maroon read the guy perfectly, got to the inside to make a great, clean hit.

By the way, Lauko popped the guy while he was on the bench. B's fans would have gone nuts if that was a Bruins player getting the business and no call made.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Really liked the check where he took the leafs player over the boards and into the Bruins bench. Looked like it could have been a hit to the numbers but Maroon read the guy perfectly, got to the inside to make a great, clean hit.

By the way, Lauko popped the guy while he was on the bench. B's fans would have gone nuts if that was a Bruins player getting the business and no call made.
Bruins fans would’ve gone nuts at the hit if nobody immediately jumped the guy, as is tradition around here whenever a bruin gets touched lmao

So they brought him in, knowing exactly what kind of player he was, and said, “Don’t play like that anymore.” Is that even possible?

I don’t know what to believe
He was playing with a broken rib the last half of that series on a play that should’ve seen Tkachuk in trouble for intent to injure, I would imagine that greatly impacted his game

As we saw with Maroon nobody is telling them to be neutered that’s just silliness ppl jump to because this team isn’t the 2011 team in terms of toughness

Had to hear all year about how soft this team was and how they couldn’t play a playoff style. Last night proved that wrong quickly. Can they maintain it for the full series? We shall see, but they can definitely play that fast, physical kind of game

Last edited:

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
Maroon knows what he is, versus what he used to be, verus what he's here for now.

As I watched that game last night, I realized how badly this team needed toughness the last few seasons, given its intangible benefits. There's something soothing about knowing he's in the lineup.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Maroon in the last two games of the season vs. Maroon last night was night and day. I was concerned about what he could do watching those two games where I think looked slow and behind the play, but last night he was the guy in St. Louis and Tampa that annoyed the crap out of me. He’s already in a few heads, I think it was McCabe who kept shoving him after the whistle. And the play on the boards that led to the goal was perfect, getting Edmundson and Reaves to overthink hitting him while he’s still playing hockey.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Maroon in the last two games of the season vs. Maroon last night was night and day. I was concerned about what he could do watching those two games where I think looked slow and behind the play, but last night he was the guy in St. Louis and Tampa that annoyed the crap out of me. He’s already in a few heads, I think it was McCabe who kept shoving him after the whistle. And the play on the boards that led to the goal was perfect, getting Edmundson and Reaves to overthink hitting him while he’s still playing hockey.
Laid some nice hits on Rielly, Liljegren, and Edmunson too

Reactions: SPV

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Bruins fans would’ve gone nuts at the hit if nobody immediately jumped the guy, as is tradition around here whenever a bruin gets touched lmao

He was playing with a broken rib the last half of that series on a play that should’ve seen Tkachuk in trouble for intent to injure, I would imagine that greatly impacted his game

As we saw with Maroon nobody is telling them to be neutered that’s just silliness ppl jump to because this team isn’t the 2011 team in terms of toughness

Had to hear all year about how soft this team was and how they couldn’t play a playoff style. Last night proved that wrong quickly. Can they maintain it for the full series? We shall see, but they can definitely play that fast, physical kind of game
I have said it in past posts, you have a guy like Maroon doing his thing it can get contagious, see Beecher ,Geekie, Lauko, Peeke and others.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

I agree. The “Sweeney likes soft players” trope is so stupid. That’s why he went for Lucic, too.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Now don't misread this partial analogy. His skating reminds me of the B's version of Jagr, that's it, no analogy to offensive skill(but there are some). Hard to take off the puck, slow as poop. Shelter the puck well from it being taken away. He also has great touch on short passes under duress.
What surprised me is his hockey IQ, general awareness of where everyone of his line mates are.
I can understand his value to good playoff teams. Not to mention his policing of the BS that goes on(was going to be the Looch role).
It will be interesting to see what his role with Domi is in this series. The punk is just running around trying to get Mac and Marsh engaged enough to draw retaliation.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Boy I can only imagine the alternate universe where Lucic makes better off ice choices and we’ve got him and maroon on the team

Then I imagine universe in which we have them both in 2019

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I agree. The “Sweeney likes soft players” trope is so stupid. That’s why he went for Lucic, too.

Off ice issues aside, imagine running Lucic & Maroon out there. Those are two guys who set the tone. They don't care what the other 17 guys on the team are doing, when they jump over the boards they're going out, laying the body and grinding you down.

The if the rest of the team doesn't want to follow then they have that "fine I'll do it myself" mentality. That's what the Bruins have been missing these past few years

Reactions: BBruins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad