Player Discussion Pat Maroon

RI.B FAN

Jul 14, 2002
JAMESTOWN RI
Visit site
I'm guessing if they feel the playoffs are too big for Beecher, Maroon steps in to play some games on the 4th line. But then they lose one of the their best faceoff guys. Lauko is also deserving of seeing time out there too. The depth is nice but I'm not exactly sure who will get the nod to start.
I like Lauko a lot , but he has contributed very little on the scoreboard

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It's hard not to like a guy like Maroon anyway, regardless. I guess if you hold on ice grudges? Even then, he's played an honest game his whole career. It's not like he's out there two handing guys in the head, slewfooting, etc. He's as honest of a player as they come.

Off the ice this guy is a gem, too. Super nice dude who doesn't take shit too seriously.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Maroon has always been more of what I expected Hathaway to be, so I can’t wait. Hopefully he can get healthy enough to be a major thorn in the side of whoever we get in the playoffs.

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
I am sure you know that Boston has a reputation for making any new player feel welcome.
More than any other team? That’s nice. I’ve just never heard that nor have I heard that other teams are unwelcoming to new players. I wonder which teams don’t welcome new players?

It's hard not to like a guy like Maroon anyway, regardless. I guess if you hold on ice grudges? Even then, he's played an honest game his whole career. It's not like he's out there two handing guys in the head, slewfooting, etc. He's as honest of a player as they come.

Off the ice this guy is a gem, too. Super nice dude who doesn't take shit too seriously.
Add to that that he’s won many times. I hope he plays well enough to be brought back next year.

Reactions: capecodder

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Nothing to do with him playing us I just never liked how cocky he came across on the ice at times - as a 4th line guy it rubs me the wrong way a bit.

But whatever I've cheered for guys I've hated more than him, at least he seems like a chill dude off the ice

Reactions: TCB

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
More than any other team? That’s nice. I’ve just never heard that nor have I heard that other teams are unwelcoming to new players. I wonder which teams don’t welcome new players?

The Bruins have a culture going back to Chara; no hazing, can't use the word rookie, English only when there are non-native speakers in the conversation, among others. It tends to keep out the cliques, the backstabbing, the harsh treatment of rookies, young guys, new guys, etc., all things that are rampant in other teams.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Is he in the lineup tonight? My buddy's a Preds fans and was texting me basically saying he's in the lineup.

I didn't think they can afford his cap. They have to wait until the playoffs and use the Tampa Bay Kucherov rule.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
The Bruins have a culture going back to Chara; no hazing, can't use the word rookie, English only when there are non-native speakers in the conversation, among others. It tends to keep out the cliques, the backstabbing, the harsh treatment of rookies, young guys, new guys, etc., all things that are rampant in other teams.
Others have also.
1712089563958.png

• Haha
Reactions: capecodder and BMC

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Wow. What teams are those things rampant on? Pretty sad to hear in 2024.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It’s going to be funny to see the people excited by Maroon now, and then to contrast it with how they feel about him as a player by the end of the playoffs. Most seem to think he’s some kind of fighter that will take on anyone at anytime/a one man blitzkrieg instead of the greasy, dirty, cheap shot artist he actually is.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Wow. What teams are those things rampant on? Pretty sad to hear in 2024.

The Blackhawks, obviously. The Oilers were known for having very exclusionary cliques. The inmates obviously run the asylum in Toronto.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
It’s going to be funny to see the people excited by Maroon now, and then to contrast it with how they feel about him as a player by the end of the playoffs. Most seem to think he’s some kind of fighter that will take on anyone at anytime/a one man blitzkrieg instead of the greasy, dirty, cheap shot artist he actually is.

Cant wait for him to hug someone to death

Reactions: TCB

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
I have to question it a bit considering guys like Kessel, Seguin, Smith and Hamilton were all moved in part for not "fitting in".

Reading Shawn Thornton's book there were definitely several different leadership groups in the same locker room. Chara/Bergeron did things a certain way.....Thornton, Ference and Boychuk were cut from the same cloth and their views on rookies were a lot different,

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Maybe, but right now we literally have no one who can even remotely stand up ‘cept maybe Beecher and Brazzau. Trent doesn’t look like 6’3” 220 to me; or at least doesn’t seem to fight like it. I think having Maroon on the ice puts the opposition in check to some degree. Milan would’ve been better. They say he’s in some league program but it looks to me like it’s voluntary, and that he could check himself out at any time. Like AA maybe. I dunno.

Reactions: TCB and LSCII

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Actually think some folks have been yearning for a "greasy, dirty, cheap shot artist" on the roster.

Reactions: LSCII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad