GDT: Part II: The 2015 NHL Entry Level Draft: In L̶o̶u̶ Shero We Trust Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Gomez was on a mission to revive his career last year. If he gets the slightest bit comfortable, his game could drop off to where it was in FLA/SJ. I wouldn't have minded him coming back, but I'm not broken up about him leaving.

Same with Bernier - would have welcomed him back, but we'll be fine without him.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
A lot of GMs went crazy at this draft. San Jose took Meier over Crouse. Dallas picked Guryanov at 12. Boston could have had the best day but somehow turned it into the worst. There were a lot of reach picks.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
A lot of GMs went crazy at this draft. San Jose took Meier over Crouse. Dallas picked Guryanov at 12. Boston could have had the best day but somehow turned it into the worst. There were a lot of reach picks.

quite honestly, I think the jury is still out on Meier vs Crouse. wouldnt surprise me in the least if either one became the better player

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
@TGfireandice
Ray Shero said Devils will not try to re-sign Gomez, Bernier, Fraser, Harrold

Not sure why we would get rid of Gomez. He wasn't half bad last season. Everyone else can take a swim

I'm disappointed about Gomez and Bernier, moreso on Gomez. Would've liked to see Gomez centering Boucher

Last edited:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
loool Bleacher Report gave the Devils a C- for the 1st round

2nd worst behind Boston apparently

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
What would they have said had the Devils drafted Provorov? "It was time for the Devils to draft for need. With a forward like Zacha on the board with high end potential, to go for a D man was a bad move. D."

What other forward could you make an argument for at that pick?

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
@TGfireandice
Ray Shero said Devils will not try to re-sign Gomez, Bernier, Fraser, Harrold

Not sure why we would get rid of Gomez. He wasn't half bad last season. Everyone else can take a swim

Where will this team be without top 4 defenseman Harrold?

(More seriously, does anyone thinks he gets an NHL contract with another team?)

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
What would they have said had the Devils drafted Provorov? "It was time for the Devils to draft for need. With a forward like Zacha on the board with high end potential, to go for a D man was a bad move. D."

What other forward could you make an argument for at that pick?

If we drafted Provorov, Bleacher Report would probably rate the Devils lower than Boston.

As for other forwards besides Zacha, I understand that there were some players like Barzal or Rantannen projected to go in that range whom people might have preferred, but to definitively act as if those players are better prospects than Zacha is silly or to say the day after the draft that those players are so clearly superior to Zacha that taking him over them automatically makes the Devils first round a C- is a joke. Zacha went where he was projected to go. He was not an off-the-board pick or anything like that.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If we drafted Provorov, Bleacher Report would probably rate the Devils lower than Boston.

As for other forwards besides Zacha, I understand that there were some players like Barzal or Rantannen projected to go in that range whom people might have preferred, but to definitively act as if those players are better prospects than Zacha is silly or to say the day after the draft that those players are so clearly superior to Zacha that taking him over them automatically makes the Devils first round a C- is a joke. Zacha went where he was projected to go. He was not an off-the-board pick or anything like that.

Did they not like the Kyle trade?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It's good to get rid of the old blood. I'd rather see the prospects play and stink it up than watch geezers take up valueable roster spots.

Thing is the kids don't have to stink it up...there should be enough veteran leadership in Elias, Zajac and Cammalleri to help the forwards along. Greene has done a very good job with his partners and if we can see something similar with the forwards it could actually be a good situation during a transition.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Did they not like the Kyle trade?

They didn't talk about that. They just had a slideshow grade of every pick in round one. On Zacha they said the draft really opened at six, but they thought Zacha was a reach and there was risk associated with his selection. Pretty silly when Zacha was projected to go where he was picked, so by definition he is not a reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad