Parise or Vanek?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmcilvan

Oct 25, 2004
Personally, I like Parise more and I think he will develop into a more complete player than Vanek will. Not to say that I don't like Vanek, but I think Parise will be more valuable to his team.

Malone I don't see as being a first liner, I see him maxing out as a 2nd liner. But with Pittsburgh, he could get some first line time.

leafaholix*

Parise.

I have no hopes for Vanek, he's an amazing offensive talent, but he's a floater.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Ryan Malone will never be a No. 1 NHL left wing. The only way he will be is on a bad team, like Pittsburgh last year. Yeah, he scored 20 goals as a rookie, but he's 25 in a month. He's not much younger than Joe Thornton. I was more impressed with the numbers posted by teenagers Patrice Bergeron and Eric Staal, than the numbers of 24-year-old Ryan Malone.

Oh yeah, Parise's a much better prospect. Vanek has more upside, but Vanek's a risky proposition. Could be a 40-goal scorer. Could be Pavel Brendl.

Sammy*

Vlad The Impaler said:
I disagree. Parise has more upside on top of being the better player.
In terms of upside for goals & points, its Vanek in a walk imo.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Buffalo has the unhyped version of Zach Parise, so I'd take Vanek.

But truthfully, at best he (Vanek) probably wont even be as good as Miroslav Satan who I don't want in Buffalo anymore, so...

Fincan

Aug 1, 2002
LordStanleysPlace
Visit site
I like Parise a lot. I think he will be a great two-way player. I don't know about him having the bigger upside of the two as some have said, but I would take him between the two in a second. I cant see Parise being much better than Mike York actually. That is no knock as i love York and think he is one of the most under-rated forwards in the game. But i see a similar two way game.

Vanek on the other hand I could see becoming a Hejduk type with that much offensive power (minus the Forsberg) but he is less of a sure thing........though he displayed in the WC's that he is on his way.

So I guess it becomes a question of the almost garanteed York or a potential Forsbergless Hejduk. Overall I think it is close, but am leaning towards Parise myself.

Damn I wish we didnt trade down for Pouliot.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
God Bless Canada said:
Ryan Malone will never be a No. 1 NHL left wing. The only way he will be is on a bad team, like Pittsburgh last year. Yeah, he scored 20 goals as a rookie, but he's 25 in a month. He's not much younger than Joe Thornton. I was more impressed with the numbers posted by teenagers Patrice Bergeron and Eric Staal, than the numbers of 24-year-old Ryan Malone.

Oh yeah, Parise's a much better prospect. Vanek has more upside, but Vanek's a risky proposition. Could be a 40-goal scorer. Could be Pavel Brendl.

Vanek not only has upside, he is really really talented. I´ve only seen him play at the WCH and I am not comparing his upside with Parise but I was suprised with Vaneks skill level which if you compare with what I saw of Parise in the WJC is much higher.

But on the other hand playing for Austria in the WCH where he was given a free role and playing on a big ice surface without redline offside fits Vanek really well and tells nothing how he will be able to transform his game to the NHL.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Sammy said:
In terms of upside for goals & points, its Vanek in a walk imo.

There's no doubt Vanek has more (probably much more) upside than Parise as a goalscorer, but not as a points producer.

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
Vanek - 1 goal 0 assists in 6 games.
Parise - 3 goals 5 assists in 8 games.

Any questions?

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
DownFromNJ said:
Vanek - 1 goal 0 assists in 6 games.
Parise - 3 goals 5 assists in 8 games.

Any questions?

Yes. Do you seriously believe you just settled the debate or are you aware of the futility of your post?

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
I'm aware of the fact that Parise is better than Vanek, as I've been argueing for months.

Parise will be a huge star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad