Parise or Vanek?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
DownFromNJ said:
I'm aware of the fact that Parise is better than Vanek, as I've been argueing for months.

Parise will be a huge star.

Homer

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
DownFromNJ said:
I'm aware of the fact that Parise is better than Vanek, as I've been argueing for months.

That is all well. But if you think less than 10 games is some sort of definitive prove, as your "any questions?" comment seems to suggest, you can't expect to be taken seriously.

dancingtree

May 9, 2003
So-Cal
Visit site
DownFromNJ said:
Vanek - 1 goal 0 assists in 6 games.
Parise - 3 goals 5 assists in 8 games.

Any questions?
A. Suglobov - 4 goals 5 assists in 7 games
Z. Parise - 3 goals 5 assists in 8 games

Suglobov must be better than Parise

Any questions?

windowlicker

Jun 17, 2003
Murky Wisconsin
Visit site
DownFromNJ said:

The history of the AHL is riddled with smallish point producers who later look for work in Europe. I'd give it some time. The main question surrounding Parise now is his conditioning. If he can get over that, he'll be fine. Not sure if I'd say "will be a huge star" though.

In this poll, Vanek.

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004

It's also Suglobov's second year in the AHL. His first year, he didn't manage the numbers Parise is doing (and he is like 3 years older).

Parise has never failed to produce at any level and the AHL/NHL will be no difference.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
dancingtree said:
A. Suglobov - 4 goals 5 assists in 7 games
Z. Parise - 3 goals 5 assists in 8 games

Any questions?

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Suglobov turned out to be the best of the three.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Parise is the go to guy on his team, Vanek is playing with Jiri fricking Novotny.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
DownFromNJ said:
Parise has never failed to produce at any level and the AHL/NHL will be no difference.

Man you sure are confident in this guy...better hope it doesnt come back to bite you in the ass somehow.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Flame_Star_Devil said:
Actually, Suglobov and McAmmond are the go-to-guys. Parise is playing with Pihlman and Pikkarainen.
Do you know who Jiri Novotny is?

Sammy*

Flame_Star_Devil said:
And what is your point? If Vanek is so good he should be the go-to-guy.
So I guess if you dont produce your 1st ten games in the AHL , your no good, & if you do, your a sure fire NHL star?
Peter Sarno wishes it was that simple.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Sammy said:
So I guess if you dont produce your 1st ten games in the AHL , your no good, & if you do, your a sure fire NHL star?
Peter Sarno wishes it was that simple.

Where did I say that?

It's simple... Parise and Vanek are in similar situations, both stuck behind more established guys in the AHL and playing with less linemates who aren't top of the line - Pihlman is looking more and more like a bust and Pikkarainen has no top line finishing ability - yet Parise is putting up considerably better numbers. That's all we have to go on right now... what else do you want to say?

Sammy*

Flame_Star_Devil said:
Where did I say that?

It's simple... Parise and Vanek are in similar situations, both stuck behind more established guys in the AHL and playing with less linemates who aren't top of the line - Pihlman is looking more and more like a bust and Pikkarainen has no top line finishing ability - yet Parise is putting up considerably better numbers. That's all we have to go on right now... what else do you want to say?
I just think it is kinda funny that all these Devil fans are pulling their pud over a 10 game start in the "A", as somehow it confirms their wildest wet dreams about Parise.
Its a good start, but thats about the extent of it. Heck, he could do this all year & I wouldnt get all pumped he will be a point getting NHL'r, but thats just me.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Sammy said:
I just think it is kinda funny that all these Devil fans are pulling their pud over a 10 game start in the "A", as somehow it confirms their wildest wet dreams about Parise.
Its a good start, but thats about the extent of it. Heck, he could do this all year & I wouldnt get all pumped he will be a point getting NHL'r, but thats just me.

What do you want from us? I mean, he's putting up better than a point-per-game numbers in a souped-up AHL because of the lockout, he's our best prospect, and he's playing like he's got real NHL potential. Are we supposed to not get excited? Easier said than done.

Remember - we didn't start this thread. We'd be more than happy to go party in our own little corner on the Devils board.

Sammy*

Flame_Star_Devil said:
What do you want from us? I mean, he's putting up better than a point-per-game numbers in a souped-up AHL because of the lockout, he's our best prospect, and he's playing like he's got real NHL potential. Are we supposed to not get excited? Easier said than done.

Remember - we didn't start this thread. We'd be more than happy to go party in our own little corner on the Devils board.
Oh, I dont deny its good (a better than the alternative), but to me it doesnt mean a whole lot.
That been said, I am a real skeptic on these things, given the number of guys who have produced at the level of the A who couldnt at the NHL level (particularly smaller guys who are not speedsters).

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Sammy said:
Oh, I dont deny its good (a better than the alternative), but to me it doesnt mean a whole lot.
That been said, I am a real skeptic on these things, given the number of guys who have produced at the level of the A who couldnt at the NHL level (particularly smaller guys who are not speedsters).

Well, yay, to you it doesn't mean a whole lot.

The problem is that he really couldn't be doing much better than he is. So whoopie, he's doing what he hoped he would but hey, y'know, he probably won't transfer his game over to the next level.

He's transferred pretty well from college to AHL... why not AHL to NHL?

Besides, if I thought like that about everything I'd be damned depressed.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
What are we supposed to say about Vanek? I mean... well, he hasn't been great, but he's got all the skills he needs so of course he's going to put it all together for the next level!

That's about as rediculious as what you're asking me to say.

Sammy*

Flame_Star_Devil said:
What are we supposed to say about Vanek? I mean... well, he hasn't been great, but he's got all the skills he needs so of course he's going to put it all together for the next level!

That's about as rediculious as what you're asking me to say.
Not asking you to say anything. I just have a different point of view over what this all means.

Sammy*

Flame_Star_Devil said:
Your point of view, like mine, is dictated by the team you root for.
Maybe you, not me. I have absolutly zero alleigance for or against the Devils or Sabres.
I am an Oiler fan.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
I hope 6'2" Vanek rocks 5'11" Parise when the two teams meet. I think Id take Vaneks potential which seems to be developing very well up until these 6 games over the possibility of Parise being a complete player. Both have high upsides but I think the poster who said Parise is a Mike York type player and has potential to be similar to him in the NHL is pretty right on in this argument. I have yet to see either of them play live but I like what I see out of both of them. I just think Vaneks upside overwhelms his downside compared to Parise's upside/downside. Although Vanek will either be a top line scorer or an AHL guy (white and black) Id still take him over Parise. No Im not a Homer, I dont even live in Buffalo, Im a Flames Fan.

FlyersFan10*

To be honest, who cares. The thing is that both of these offensively talented players will become nothing more than second rate checkers when they get to the NHL. Remember, offense means nothing in the NHL now. It isn't about your team scoring goals, it's about your team preventing getting scored on. Any player with an inkling of offensive talent is not allowed to be creative and is forced to play a stiffling defensive game where talent and free thinking isn't allowed. So, enjoy what ever natural ability Parise and Vanek show because once they get to the NHL, that talent will be thrown out the window and replaced by being part of a system that players aren't allowed to deviate from. Yeah, you can tell I just "love" the NHL and the crap hockey that was played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->