Parayko vs Ekblad

Parayko vs Ekblad

• Total voters

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I agree, although I wouldn't call it a landslide. Ekblad is a great goal scorer but Parayko is a much better skater and playmaker imo.
I would agree but I feel like that’s because of skating. He can open himself up into much more favorable situations, whereas Bambi almost flails into a freightrain on the forecheck.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I meant to say that when Ekblad is on the ice he doesn’t drive the play forward, it’s usually Yandle who does that. Therefore Ekblads possession statistics are more indicative of the teams contributions (Yandle) than Ekblad’s personal contributions. Possession is determined by the player carrying the puck and Ekblad isn’t tasked with that responsibility it goes to Yandle as he is the better puck carrier. Yandle carries/pinches while Ekblad stays back. I hope that’s a better explanation of what I was trying to say.

That's still not how possession numbers work, but lets just go with that.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I just picked the first one I thought of. I’ll find you some more stats if you want.

Feel free too make sure its fair.

A lot of people hear are latching into an individual skill/ statistic to make their argument. Parayko is faster, Parayko is a better passer and ignoring the Ekblad side. Ekblad is a better goal scorer, Ekblad faces harder competition etc..

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Feel free too make sure its fair.

A lot of people hear are latching into an individual skill/ statistic to make their argument. Parayko is faster, Parayko is a better passer and ignoring the Ekblad side. Ekblad is a better goal scorer, Ekblad faces harder competition etc..
Parayko: 52.89% scoring chances for percentage
Ekblad: 48.18%

Pretty much all metrics show the same thing: that Parayko is significantly better defensively than Ekblad

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Parayko: 52.89% scoring chances for percentage
Ekblad: 48.18%

Pretty much all metrics show the same thing: that Parayko is significantly better defensively than Ekblad

Well considering the statistics show that Ekblad is facing the other teams best players while Parayko is not. This indicates the quality of competition. It’s essentially saying Ekblad is at 48% while facing the top lines and Parayko is at 52 % while facing secondary players. I don’t see how this shows that Parayko is a better defenseman.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Ekblad isn't a great passer, in the O-zone he ignores way too many passes to take a shot. Potvin always though goes on and on about his shots on net.

Skating is a damm important part for a #1D-man these days, Ekblads been beaten by a Sedin in a skating race.
I'd also take Parayoko for a D-zone draw over Ekblad.
Skating, passing, D-zone Parayoko over Ekblad, scoring goals for Ekblad over Parayoko.

That's really my issue with him, all the potential in the World but hasn't been able to do a thing for his skating.

Barkov- Ekblad looked like one of the best young duo's to build around few years ago, not that's a massive ? due to Ekblad's skating.

I don’t think you really watch him outside of a few games. His skating has improved night and day and is actually far from his biggest weakness. Ekblad can at times play a soft game and losss coverage often that’s not to say he does this consistently. I’m just addressing the fact that skating is not his biggest weakness. That’s a myth plain and simple. He can absolutely improve in that area and he should if he wants to reach the upper echelon of dmen but the skating deficiency is vastly overplayed in this thread to the point that’s its kind of strange.

It’s a lot of people coming in who don’t watch outside of a few games and chiming in on hearsay. Can you really tell me Ekbkad didn’t improve on his skating from last year to this one? If you don’t know that he did, it becomes clear that you don’t watch the team often. Every follower of the team knows this. It reminds me of the people who say Ekblad is injury prone despite missing only 14 games in 4 seasons. It’s one of those things that catches on and people go with ir.

Reactions: Castle8130

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I don’t think you really watch him outside of a few games. His skating has improved night and day and is actually far from his biggest weakness. Ekblad can at times play a soft game and losss coverage often that’s not to say he does this consistently. I’m just addressing the fact that skating is not his biggest weakness. That’s a myth plain and simple. He can absolutely improve in that area and he should if he wants to reach the upper echelon of dmen but the skating deficiency is vastly overplayed in this thread to the point that’s its kind of strange.

It’s a lot of people coming in who don’t watch outside of a few games and chiming in on hearsay. Can you really tell me Ekbkad didn’t improve on his skating from last year to this one? If you don’t know that he did, it becomes clear that you don’t watch the team often. Every follower of the team knows this. It reminds me of the people who say Ekblad is injury prone despite missing only 14 games in 4 seasons. It’s one of those things that catches on and people go with ir.
Just because he is improving (which I agree he is, I do catch my share of Cats games and he is improved significantly in that area) doesn’t mean he is all of a sudden a good skater

Reactions: I am not exposed

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Just because he is improving (which I agree he is, I do catch my share of Cats games and he is improved significantly in that area) doesn’t mean he is all of a sudden a good skater

We can say he is an average skater who lacks the speed to keep up with some of the better skaters in the NHL. However this does not impede his ability to play defense as evidenced by his ability to play against the other teams top competition at a high level. I agree he should improve his skating among many other things before he can be considered among the highest level of NHL dmen.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I think Ekblad's potential was higher, but I think he started too early in the league and and that plus repetitive concussions have stalled his development. I'm not sure he'll ever reach the heights he could have.

Safe be for me right now is Parayko but I hope Ekblad proves me wrong.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
That's still not how possession numbers work, but lets just go with that.

What are you trying to prove? Don’t you think you’re better off actually explaining to the poster what she/he is misunderstanding, instead of trying to be clever? Or whatever it is you were trying to do...
Either do it or just abstain from posting, no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad