Parayko vs Ekblad

Parayko vs Ekblad

• Total voters

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Ekblad for me. 3 years younger and plays against much tougher competition.
I'd take Pietrangelo over all of em though

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Good poll

I’d normally take ekblad but his injury history concerns me.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
IIHF has opened up my eyes to just how average and overrated Ekblad is across the board. Skating average, muffin shot, average first pass, average hockey sense. Parayko is z better defenseman.
I didnt get to watch but did listen. Did Ekblad play behind Parayko?

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
You must be joking about the “muffin shot”
Most dissapointing defenseman at the tournament. Terrible first step, couldn't make a proper first pass , constantly getting beat along the boards, soft muffin floaters on the power play.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I don't watch Parayko much but Ekblad was second for NHL d-man in goals scored. I don't understand where the "muffin shot" hate comes from? He also plays first unit pairing and is tasked to shut down the top lines. If Parayko does this than I suppose we can say he is the better d-man, if not than I think we can say Ekblad is the better of the two.

Reactions: kerrabria

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I don't watch Parayko much but Ekblad was second for NHL d-man in goals scored. I don't understand where the "muffin shot" hate comes from? He also plays first unit pairing and is tasked to shut down the top lines. If Parayko does this than I suppose we can say he is the better d-man, if not than I think we can say Ekblad is the better of the two.
If you guys had a Pietrangelo, Ekblad would be the 2RD also....

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
If you guys had a Pietrangelo, Ekblad would be the 2RD also....

I agree. Nonetheless it still doesn't take away the fact that Parayko doesn't score anywhere near as many goals and isn't tasked with anywhere near the same responsibilities. When this is the case it's hard to imagine him being better than a player who does them.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I agree. Nonetheless it still doesn't take away the fact that Parayko doesn't score anywhere near as many goals and isn't tasked with anywhere near the same responsibilities. When this is the case it's hard to imagine him being better than a player who does them.
That's why I chose not to vote. Its not a straight across comparison. I did listen to the worlds game. Odd how Parayko seems to score like we know he can there but at soon as he's back with the Blues...nothing.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
That's why I chose not to vote. Its not a straight across comparison. I did listen to the worlds game. Odd how Parayko seems to score like we know he can there but at soon as he's back with the Blues...nothing.

IMO the blues are a better team than the Panthers and most would agree player perform better with more talent around them. Using Ekblad as an example he looked far better as a rookie tasked with Campbell and not having to play against the top ones. It wasn't until he adjusted to this responsibility did he begin to improve and look like he did as a rookie.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

That's a terrible reasoning.

Ekblads skating really limits his ceiling, it's time for him to show progress.

Parayoko for this poll.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
IMO the blues are a better team than the Panthers and most would agree player perform better with more talent around them. Using Ekblad as an example he looked far better as a rookie tasked with Campbell and not having to play against the top ones. It wasn't until he adjusted to this responsibility did he begin to improve and look like he did as a rookie.
Watching the Panthers and Blues go head to head.... Panthers>Blues

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
That's a terrible reasoning.

Ekblads skating really limits his ceiling, it's time for him to show progress.

Parayoko for this poll.

I'm not sure how you can reason any other way. The only other way is to use factors that don't exist such as Parayko matching up against another teams top line night in and night out or Parayko having better stats which he does not. So in essence we are going to use statistics and factors that don't exist to name him as better? I don't see how that reasoning is better. It makes more sense to use reasoning based on things that actually happened.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm not sure how you can reason any other way. The only other way is to use factors that don't exist such as Parayko matching up against another teams top line night in and night out or Parayko having better stats which he does not. So in essence we are going to use statistics and factors that don't exist to name him as better? I don't see how that reasoning is better. It makes more sense to use reasoning based on things that actually happened.

Your RD's were Ekblad, Pysyk, Petro, Weegar, someone has to play the #1RD role. Just because Ekblad is the best of that group doesn't mean automatically he's better than Parayoko. Parayoko would beat all those guys by a mile.

Ekblads skating is weak, his IQ has been questionable, his defense hasn't been elite. Only thing he has been elite at is scoring goals.
Again, his skating really puts a limit on his game and impact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad