Dreger: Parayko trade talks heating up

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
He has been really bad this year, not puck luck bad, like making peewee level decisions on the ice bad. He might need a change of scenery to revamp his career or he might be dealing with something no ones knows about, he is just off
Will trade you a slightly used OEL for Parayko

Reactions: wpgallday1960

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
8 years at 6M+ and he’s being shopped.
Clearly STL is worried about something since they’re not exactly rebuilding.

Retooling actually. We very well might not be competitive for the next 2/3 years, so you could argue it might be better to move some age 28+ players for younger players (around Thomas' and Kyrou's age) on a cheaper contract. We also spend quite a lot on defense so it makes sense to move at least one contract. Preferably Krug and Scandella, but Parayko is probably the easiest to move, hence him being named in proposals.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Oilers should be in on this. Sent Ceci + Yamamoto/Foegele as cap dumps the other way.

Nurse Parayko
Ekholm Bouchard
Broberg Kulak

IF the Blues go the '2/3 year retool/rebuild-route' we can probably take on Ceci's contract as it's duration is in the 2-3 year build-up phase. Probably can take Foegele aswell, as long as the Oilers make it worth while.

Not retaining on Parayko though. There are two things Army doesn't do: retain on players with term and give NMC's.

Reactions: blueswede22

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
I admittedly haven’t watched much of Parayko as of late, but that contract scares me. If it didn’t pan out, we’d have both him and Nurse on contracts that would undoubtedly impact our ability to resign McDrai.
6.5 for a d is a good contract. 10 mil for Nurse is bad.

IF the Blues go the '2/3 year retool/rebuild-route' we can probably take on Ceci's contract as it's duration is in the 2-3 year build-up phase. Probably can take Foegele aswell, as long as the Oilers make it worth while.

Not retaining on Parayko though. There are two things Army doesn't do: retain on players with term and give NMC's.
Bouchard or broberg would defiantly be coming back.

Will trade you a slightly used OEL for Parayko
Lol nope

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Bouchard or broberg would defiantly be coming back.

I'd aim for one of them to be added, but it wouldn't be a dealbreaker. Let's just say if one of them isn't added I'd want something in return of 'similar value'.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
To make the money work, we’d have to send Ceci and Yamamoto the other way. Don’t really see how the Blues can scoff at that, as what team can take on that 8 year contract and not send money back with term?

Ceci, Yamamoto, 2024 1st, Borgault, cond 2023 pick (3rd that becomes a 2nd if we make the finals)

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
To make the money work, we’d have to send Ceci and Yamamoto the other way. Don’t really see how the Blues can scoff at that, as what team can take on that 8 year contract and not send money back with term?

Ceci, Yamamoto, 2024 1st, Borgault, cond 2023 pick (3rd that becomes a 2nd if we make the finals)
I think that's fair to include both, Ceci can come in and at least play the role Parayko had while we are transitioning in rebuild/retool phase, and Yamamoto doesn't have long-term commitment either, at least gives us another body to let our young guys develop a bit longer instead of being rushed.

Value is basically same as Ekholm, which seems fair too.

Reactions: Blueston

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
Veleno and a 2nd would be better.
Yeah no wallinder and Johanson prospect 4 and 5 in your system

Take out the conditional and add in ptrov

I think that's fair to include both, Ceci can come in and at least play the role Parayko had while we are transitioning in rebuild/retool phase, and Yamamoto doesn't have long-term commitment either, at least gives us another body to let our young guys develop a bit longer instead of being rushed.

Value is basically same as Ekholm, which seems fair too.
Honestly rather have bouchard or broberg come back

I'd aim for one of them to be added, but it wouldn't be a dealbreaker. Let's just say if one of them isn't added I'd want something in return of 'similar value'.
We need one back

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003

I can scoff at that easily. Lousy value, we will just keep Colt for his 8 years.

Thanks

Reactions: Punished ROR

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
We need one back

This is the same discussion as we had with Toronto fans about Knies, you can't force a team to add a specific prospect or all trade conversation will end very quickly. In actuality, we 'prefer' one of them to be added, it would make a trade a lot easier and maybe even cheaper for the Oilers. However, if they don't want to add one of them I'd want something of the same or higher value we can use to flip to another team to get a defenseman of similar value as Broberg/Bouchard. A 3-team trade is a possibility aswell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad