OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
It's come back from worse. The mid/late 90's were a very dark period for this team. TV ratings for the Lions are still high so there definitely is interest. Vancouver is just a very bandwagon city. Once they start winning again people will go.
I think it's more than just simply winning. I just want to see them be competitive when they go up against the other western teams. The entertainment value simply isn't there and Wally's risk averse coaching style only makes things worse. There is just very little to be excited about in regards to Lions football at the moment and I don't blame fans for staying away (same goes for the canucks at the moment).

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Actually, the Canadians are coming off yet another Northwest League championship. Their games are cheap and really fun to go to.

But for major league teams, yeah.
Agree on the Canadians, but I can't really watch them from here. Best I can do is get a radio stream, but I'd much rather watch. Not many options for me. If I was in Vancouver, I would definitely catch a few of their games.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
This season was never about winning, just giving Wally a send off. Hervey would have fired him (and especially Dorazio) if Braley cared about competing.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
This season was never about winning, just giving Wally a send off. Hervey would have fired him (and especially Dorazio) if Braley cared about competing.

Eh, from talking to Wally he was done at the end of last season. Even going into last year's training camp his mindset was that last year. I do believe that Hervey asked him to stay on. It may have been an error in his judgment, but I take that at face value.

Dorazio has to go. And Mark Washington has to go.

I'm also not too impressed with the Run-Pass Option based offense that Jarious has installed. Yes it's wildly different from the traditional spread offense that Wally's teams have always used, but it doesn't seem to be working here. It requires almost perfect first down efficiency, and is probably an offense better suited to the NFL game where you have that extra down.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
118.gif

Reactions: Weylspin

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I think every thread has a proper new (or copied) thread now. Except this one.

In case it wasn't obvious there was a mis-merge and Xenforo like most forum software has no undo function for merges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad