Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
It's all so hilarious. I can't imagine being a Leafs fan and actually believing it would be different. It's written in stone at this point and they looked like a fairly easy out imo. Not sure how you could view that team as a contender, it's clearly not.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
I actually laughed, but it’s wrong on so many levels, I would feel dirty “liking” it (lol)
This is the funniest picture I've ever seen in my life.
Get it guys? The bear wearing the bruins jersery is sexually assulting the bear wearing the leafs jersey. She even has a skirt, purse and tears running down her face just like real life sexual assults that can happen. This is soooo funny hahahahahahah

lang006

Jan 2, 2020
Main thing with coaching choice for me is that Staios is fully making it. Staios obviously can’t make up for the previous incompetent GMs mistakes (ie bad trades and or contracts signed and or being pressured by a now deceased owner) but if Staios is in charge of fine tuning the roster each off season and making all the key decisions he needs a coach that can properly implement a system of play for the team to stick to that matches the roster he creates. We’ve not had that in many years now. Probably since Boucher or Mustasche we’re head coach of the Sens.

Emerica

May 29, 2010

He was getting healthy scratched at the end of the season. Two years in on an 8 year deal at 7.75M cap hit.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
I've never been more convinced of a Leafs win in my life than I am tonight.

Two days of proclaiming the series as over, discussing who will be traded and who will be fired, switching to Woll and Matthews not playing? No say the Leafs don't stretch this out *just* enough to give their fans hope and ensure the media cycle continues.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010

Two days of proclaiming the series as over, discussing who will be traded and who will be fired, switching to Woll and Matthews not playing? No say the Leafs don't stretch this out *just* enough to give their fans hope and ensure the media cycle continues.
Swayman won’t let the world down

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

Last two Toronto Boston series', the Leafs forced game 7 so a win is what we should expect.

Which is why they won't win.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Where do the Sens pick in the Lottery?

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Brady is a hell of a piece for a playoff series, but 1 player can't do it all. The surrounding core is questionable (excluding Sanderson) from a playoff performing perspective, and depth. We lack reliable top end skill guys that other contenders have. I'll blame Dorion for trading countless high end picks on that one.
I've been amusing myself reading the Leafs GDT on this forum. What really surprised me is that it felt like I was reading a Sens thread. Their major complaints (in no particular order):
- Their former GM, Dubas and his roster construction and trading away their picks
- Their coach (who was renewed last year for multiple years lol)
- Their top heavy forward group who are too soft
- Their lack of a top 4 rd
- Goaltending

But the funniest one was one person asking if it would be possible to get Brady from Ottawa? The smart fans said no way.

I'm impressed with some of those posters. Like us, they recognize the problems on their team. Most of them want to get rid of Shanahan, Keefe, Marner and Tavares. They're willing to give Brad a chance, see what he can do. The downside is we might be chasing the same coach, players to fix our respective problems.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Toronto is playing better; Boston is playing worse.,

Lets hope the Bs get it going and tilt this the other way

ESPN broadcast is the veteran move in this one.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Didn't seem to me like it was covered at all. Pretty sure it was loose the entire time.
To me it looked like It got under his pad when he went down in the butterfly, Marchand went behind him to make sure it didn't squeeze through, then he got pushed over and all hell broke loose.

As an aside, no idea how Bos got the penalty out of all that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad