GDT: ECQF GAME 5 4/30 7:11 PM - Jack Edwards’ final home game broadcast - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - B's lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
This only makes sense if you're arguing they got injured in Game 82. No one has said that's the case. A lot of speculation to unnecessarily hate on players playing 82 Games.
FWIW, Bergeron was injured in game #82 vs Montreal-

"
Bruins center Patrice Bergeron left the game after the first period for precautionary reasons because of an upper-body injury.
"Oh yeah, '37' is fine," Montgomery said. "He wanted to go back out, and I said no.""

He broke a rib. Pasta hurt his shoulder in game 1 vs Florida in the 1st period

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Matthews has pooped himself in most playoff games. I don’t know what makes this one so different

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Its time

NHTcHlD.gif

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I feel so bad for Matthews

I feel this. Game 2 was his best game BY FAR he has ever had against the Bruins. He normally is pretty invisible and then will get some points out of no where with that crazy shot. But he has never actually played well against Boston until game 2. And then the gods cursed him. But shit happens. No one cried over Bergeron, Krejci and Ullmark for Boston last year.

Giggleplex

May 18, 2015
Perhaps the Leafs play with more motivation without their top scorer in the lineup. I actually think they are in a better position to win this game without Matthews playing at 50% (and literally shitting his pants).

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Disagree. I’m all for calculated risks when the time is right. Chasing a 70th goal with the Bruins waiting on the other side just feels shortsighted to me

But bruins players playing game 82 with the leafs waiting in the other side wasn’t shortsighted to you?

Try to apply some logic to your thoughts

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
It's remarkable that Matthews leads the Leafs in both goals and assists (and that he's not even going to play tonight)
His little tummy hurt?

He's like Embid, never there when it matters
It's remarkable that Matthews leads the Leafs in both goals and assists (and that he's not even going to play tonight)
images.jpeg
A young Bert Lahr says hi

Strangle

May 4, 2009
If you watched the Bruins last 2 games, you would have seen that they were "playing" and not playing. Going through the motions just trying to avoid injury, unlike last season. They learned their lesson

Excuses, do you think the leafs were going 110% while losing their final games or something?

I don’t know how so many people can be so confidently irrational in their desperation to find something to chirp the leafs about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad