Post-Game Talk: Paper advertisements @ framed championship photos, 7:37pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Interesting post coming the guy that literally can’t help himself with the doom and gloom whenever Orpik is mentioned.

Well if that is the extent of my gloom and doom, and lets face it isn't that much gloom and doom, I'm doing great compared to some people.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
LOL I'm usually more mellow.

You should read other teams pages. Earlier in the season more than a few Pitt fans wanted Sully out of there. Two, TWO RECENT SC's w/that HC and a so so start had them *****in' about him and various players. Many other fan bases are like that.

Oh I do, it's pretty funny.

I just can't get myself worked up over regular season games and if the Caps don't win the Cup (spoiler alert: they probably won't), I'm not gonna get even the tiniest bit upset about it.

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Well we haven't looked exactly right against mostly bottom feeders the last few weeks. So lets see how we look the next few weeks.

@ Bruins
Blue Jackets
Blues
@ Predators
Islanders
@ Black Hawks
Sharks
@ Maple Leafs
Flames
Bruins

I am going to go ahead a pre anti-jinx this post and say "well this looks like an incoming ten game losing streak". ;)

Last edited:

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Well we haven't looked exactly right against mostly bottom feeders the last few weeks. So lets see how we look the next few weeks.

@ Bruins
Blue Jackets
Blues
@ Predators
Islanders
@ Black Hawks
Sharks
@ Maple Leafs
Flames
Bruins

Cool, maybe we'll see the Caps come out of hibernation for 60 minutes a couple of times.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Whats the rush? We know how much it helps to be on fire and steamrolling others on january.

As long as we are getting points and getting through the playoffs im fine being the worst team in the league until april. If we have learned one thing for the last decade, it should be how important it is to peak at the right time.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Wilson is currently the best power forward in the NHL. Take that in.

Attachments

• meme.jpg
    meme.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: RandyHolt

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Just saw the scorebox.
Glad to see 2 points and a row against a metro team without #19
Jake the snake with 2. Oshie woke up too.
Copley giving Holtby the rest for the playoffs.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
But if Wilson brought the puck into the zone it’s a dead play and the penalty doesn’t happen. If philly knocked it in he isn’t offsides. The only way he can be given a shot to get out (and thus have to touch the puck again before a whistle) would be another caps player dumping it in.
But the play wasn't blown dead so any penalty that occurred still counts.
I guess you forgot a play last year against the Sharks when the Caps scored but play continued. Kuzy eventually got a penalty. The play was reviewed and found the Caps did actually score. The time went back to where the goal was scored but Kuzy still got the penalty even though it happed well after the goal was scored and the play should have been dead.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I had a look at the Flyers board with the score 4-1. They said that this had been the worst goalie performance all season. How can that be? Willy scored on the door step when Vrana could have shot. Oshie with a slot deflection. Vrana on a breakaway. Vrana trying to pass cross crease to Ovechkin. Maybe the last one was a goof but he didn't have any help and had to know Ovechkin was standing there. Otherwise....it must be just frustration talking

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Just finished watching the replay. Bura is now Circles. His net trade value is NEGATIVE. Not sure he is even tradeable. Waiver his ass to the AHL. Dude is absolutely brutal.

Our PP is brutal as well...just so casual, disjointed, and SLOW. Vrana and Wilson should be on PP1 over Oshie and Kuzy.

There was lots to like though. Wilson and Vrana are in beast mode. Keep it up boys.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Why retaliate on a good clean hit and get van instigator?

Watch ice guardians on Netflix, players will explain why that has happened, and will continue to do so ,until -when/if the- league decides to eliminate fighting altogether.

Vilica

Jun 1, 2014
Me neither ;), I just don't like that Orpik is playing over a kid.

To be fair to Orpik, I think they haven't healthy-scratched him for a bit of an ulterior reason (call it a mini-conspiracy theory). When he got injured he was on 992 games played and he's played 5 games since his return. Caps next 7 games are 1/10 @ BOS, 1/12 vs CBJ, 1/14 vs STL, 1/15 @ Nash, 1/18 vs NYI, 1/20 @ CHI, 1/22 vs SJ. I think they'd prefer to honor him for 1000 games at home vs STL, because the next home game after that is Trotz's return and they don't want 2 ceremonies disrupting the game.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
To be fair to Orpik, I think they haven't healthy-scratched him for a bit of an ulterior reason (call it a mini-conspiracy theory). When he got injured he was on 992 games played and he's played 5 games since his return. Caps next 7 games are 1/10 @ BOS, 1/12 vs CBJ, 1/14 vs STL, 1/15 @ Nash, 1/18 vs NYI, 1/20 @ CHI, 1/22 vs SJ. I think they'd prefer to honor him for 1000 games at home vs STL, because the next home game after that is Trotz's return and they don't want 2 ceremonies disrupting the game.
If we care about 1000 game ceremony the Caps do not have the priorities straight

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I had a look at the Flyers board with the score 4-1. They said that this had been the worst goalie performance all season. How can that be? Willy scored on the door step when Vrana could have shot. Oshie with a slot deflection. Vrana on a breakaway. Vrana trying to pass cross crease to Ovechkin. Maybe the last one was a goof but he didn't have any help and had to know Ovechkin was standing there. Otherwise....it must be just frustration talking

Fan commentary often drifts somewhere between mildly-to-wildly inaccurate. Combine it with the fact that eye-test is so incredibly biased and easily skewed by confirmation bias and emotions and that's what you get.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006

Flyer fan is at their wits end with the team. team Triple H rivals the Snydery skins FO to them.

core implosion level with the goalie situation, no commentary needed on that one, lol.

Reactions: calicapsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad