Post-Game Talk: Paper advertisements @ framed championship photos, 7:37pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Actually if a play is reversed on a challenge any penalty called during the time after the play should have been blown dead still counts.

But if Wilson brought the puck into the zone it’s a dead play and the penalty doesn’t happen. If philly knocked it in he isn’t offsides. The only way he can be given a shot to get out (and thus have to touch the puck again before a whistle) would be another caps player dumping it in.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
But if Wilson brought the puck into the zone it’s a dead play and the penalty doesn’t happen. If philly knocked it in he isn’t offsides. The only way he can be given a shot to get out (and thus have to touch the puck again before a whistle) would be another caps player dumping it in.
No because he backed in so he knocked it in but didn't carry it/touch it in the offensive zone.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
The announcers said the penalty stood because Willy hasn't touched the puck offside yet, so the penalty occurred before the offside became a thing. Had Willy carried in offside and then got the hook, the hook would not have counted. At least that's what the tv crew said.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
So basically, if your sure someone’s offsides entering the zone, there’s no rules? That’s dangerous. Players could high stick, dangerously slash or board someone, elbow someone badly, etc and have a chance of it meaning nothing. That’s dangerous.

Reactions: Drakon

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
It doesn't really matter. You can still take penalties after the whistle.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
He didn’t back in. He reached over
So basically, if your sure someone’s offsides entering the zone, there’s no rules? That’s dangerous. Players could high stick, dangerously slash or board someone, elbow someone badly, etc and have a chance of it meaning nothing. That’s dangerous.

No I’m saying the whistle should have been blown. If he is standing offsides and then brings the puck in after he is offsides with the puck. Whistle blown. You can’t touch the puck offsides. Either Wilson had possession before he went over or he didn’t

Reactions: RandyHolt

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I am amazed at how many miserable people there still are after last season.

I know I tend to be a little overboard in my "I don't care what happens" attitude but some people act like the Caps are gonna be in the Hughes sweepstakes.

This team has 100% surpassed my expectations. They've lost 16 games of 42 played and have gotten points in four of the losses.

The are 4th in the NHL in points and have games in hand on everyone close to them except the Leafs, oh and they play in the toughest division in hockey.

Life is good.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

I know I tend to be a little overboard in my "I don't care what happens" attitude but some people act like the Caps are gonna be in the Hughes sweepstakes.

This team has 100% surpassed my expectations. They've lost 16 games of 42 played and have gotten points in four of the losses.

The are 4th in the NHL in points and have games in hand on everyone close to them except the Leafs, oh and they play in the toughest division in hockey.

Life is good.
Amen!! :clap:

Reactions: troyerlaw

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
4-0 on 12/22/18.
I quickly forgot about that one, maybe b/c it was vs. one of the worst teams in the East, like Philly.

Against a low end team on a b2b this shouldn't have reached 4-3 at any time in the 3rd pd. (especially 2 late goals). Glad to see someone get an ENG at the end and get the 2 pts.

Only hope this phase doesn't last too long. Next two are vs. teams in playoff position.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO

Life is good.
Interesting post coming the guy that literally can’t help himself with the doom and gloom whenever Orpik is mentioned.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Well we haven't looked exactly right against mostly bottom feeders the last few weeks. So lets see how we look the next few weeks.

@ Bruins
Blue Jackets
Blues
@ Predators
Islanders
@ Black Hawks
Sharks
@ Maple Leafs
Flames
Bruins

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Too many variables in the regular season to gleam much. Was a team on a back to back? Did the backup goalie play? Was a key guy missing during the last game who is back in the lineup now? And a couple I'm probably missing.

Nothing that happens in the regular season matters much beyond points and injuries. Make the playoffs healthy is the goal of all the top end teams.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA

Life is good.
LOL I'm usually more mellow.

You should read other teams pages. Earlier in the season more than a few Pitt fans wanted Sully out of there. Two, TWO RECENT SC's w/that HC and a so so start had them bitchin' about him and various players. Many other fan bases are like that.

Reactions: Sam Spade
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad