Post-Game Talk: Paper advertisements @ framed championship photos, 7:37pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
But the play wasn't blown dead so any penalty that occurred still counts.
I guess you forgot a play last year against the Sharks when the Caps scored but play continued. Kuzy eventually got a penalty. The play was reviewed and found the Caps did actually score. The time went back to where the goal was scored but Kuzy still got the penalty even though it happed well after the goal was scored and the play should have been dead.

I don't remember that game. I agree that certain penalties should be allowed after the whistle. Obviously fighting/unsportsmanlike conduct, thinks of that nature. You need to be able to keep order when the clock isn't running. But penalties that are called due to the obstruction of the game, tripping/interference etc, should not. If the play is ruled dead and nothing after officially happened, how did you commit a penalty. You shouldn't get a holding penalty when the play is dead. What are you holding them from, getting to the bench? It doesn't make sense. Now since this was a stick infraction, its a little different. But it was still made in the course of trying to make a play on the puck, it only happened because the ref failed to blow the whistle. There wasn't an intent to injure where you would call a non-play penalty.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I don't remember that game. I agree that certain penalties should be allowed after the whistle. Obviously fighting/unsportsmanlike conduct, thinks of that nature. You need to be able to keep order when the clock isn't running. But penalties that are called due to the obstruction of the game, tripping/interference etc, should not. If the play is ruled dead and nothing after officially happened, how did you commit a penalty. You shouldn't get a holding penalty when the play is dead. What are you holding them from, getting to the bench? It doesn't make sense. Now since this was a stick infraction, its a little different. But it was still made in the course of trying to make a play on the puck, it only happened because the ref failed to blow the whistle. There wasn't an intent to injure where you would call a non-play penalty.
The rules are the rules. I didnt make them.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Watch ice guardians on Netflix, players will explain why that has happened, and will continue to do so ,until -when/if the- league decides to eliminate fighting altogether.
It rarely happens now. Not many guys fight now. Ive never believed in retaliating for a good clean hit. That hit on Dowd was Dowds fault. No one else.
I'd be embarrassed if I needed someone to come to my rescue because I was so stupid to put myself in a vulnerable position.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Just finished watching the replay. Bura is now Circles. His net trade value is NEGATIVE. Not sure he is even tradeable. Waiver his ass to the AHL. Dude is absolutely brutal.

Our PP is brutal as well...just so casual, disjointed, and SLOW. Vrana and Wilson should be on PP1 over Oshie and Kuzy.

There was lots to like though. Wilson and Vrana are in beast mode. Keep it up boys.
I think one of the biggest issues of late with Kuzy is that he has become a complete non-factor shooting the puck. Teams are playing the passing lanes and, since he has no intention to shoot, he has to circle around on the PP. I want him to start shooting more and things will open up on the PP and ES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad