GDT: Panthers vs. Oilers - 3/17/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
And you all laughed when I said he could be trade bait this off season. Borgstrom will be Huby with a shot. :)

I was the first one with this idea, albeit not having specifically Borgstrom replacing him but anyone talented with a shot. :)

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
You couldn't see Huby going out the door for a 3/4 defenseman + a prospect winger........I could? All depends on who they can get the better return for.........Bjugs or Huby.

As a first choice, I'd trade Ek's contract in a heartbeat for a decent return. Yandle would be my second choice as has had a solid year but looks to be tailing off down the stretch. Matheson can look great some nights and totally out of his league at home. I'm liking his progression so I think he is earning his keep at this point.

Aren't you on the ship that thought we should move Petro? :laugh:

And who would have replaced Huberdeaus production? A prospect winger? No I don't think that's a smart play until Borgstrom and some other LW can show they are better than him.

Ya If we could have traded a 1st + Mascherin + Petrovic/Pysyk for a top 4 RD at the deadline then I would have.
I was also one of few that was willing to protect Petrovic over Pysyk at expansion draft. If you're comparing unloading 3 of our top 4 D to a bottom pairing Petrovic then I'd say you've had enough sun and MD2020. :)

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
You couldn't see Huby going out the door for a 3/4 defenseman + a prospect winger........I could? All depends on who they can get the better return for.........Bjugs or Huby.

As a first choice, I'd trade Ek's contract in a heartbeat for a decent return. Yandle would be my second choice as has had a solid year but looks to be tailing off down the stretch. Matheson can look great some nights and totally out of his league at home. I'm liking his progression so I think he is earning his keep at this point.

Aren't you on the ship that thought we should move Petro? :laugh:

Ek is basically untradeable because of his contract and everyone would be still baffled about how one could trade "such a stud". We can't acquire anything proven for the top4 since Seattle exp draft is lurking just around the corner unless we get someone talented but just about to enter his first pro season.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Everyones allowed to have a bad game from time to time.

What is not allowed is not learning from it.

Let's see how we respond to this loss with the upcoming road trip. The response will show you this teams true character.

If they want the playoffs, they will have to earn it.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Biggest mistake was having the Sceviour whatever line on the ice for the 3rd goal, not forgetting the abysmal pp.

And you all laughed when I said he could be trade bait this off season. Borgstrom will be Huby with a shot. :)

That would be absolutely ridiculous.

1st time they could have depth, so trade #1Lw in his early prime?

Reactions: Haj

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
It didn’t help playing Haley over Mamin either.

As much as I too would prefer Mamin over Haley, he wasn't at all the problem in this game. Playing Mamin on the 4th line wouldn't have won the game anyway. Weak plays, goaltending and a terrible PP is what killed Florida. I do wish Boughner would have made some tweaks for the PP units, it clearly wasn't working and at best the 2nd unit managed to get some sort of sustained offensive zone pressure going...not by too much though.

Reactions: Ghoste

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I won't even bother to watch the whole game since it was obviously frustrating.... but those were some brutal goals allowed by Lou at the worst possible moment.

Whether it's fatigue affecting his game still or what, doesn't matter. I think it's time to accept that we have two 1b goalies and whoever is hot, should get the call. Lou shouldn't anymore be automatically handed the starting role.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
even when we dominate, we suck. this reminded me a lot of 14-15 where wed crazy outshoot teams and lose. hideous powerplay. can't score. awful roster. not making the playoffs. I knew this run was just another chance for the panthers to rip out our hearts. I literally almost let them fool me but somehow managed to keep it real.

Reactions: Optimus Reim

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
even when we dominate, we suck. this reminded me a lot of 14-15 where wed crazy outshoot teams and lose. hideous powerplay. can't score. awful roster. not making the playoffs. I knew this run was just another chance for the panthers to rip out our hearts. I literally almost let them fool me but somehow managed to keep it real.

Same here.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
So i didnt see the game but just watched the highlights was it just me or were all the goals luongo gave up kind of soft?

The 1st goal was especially one that should never get in in a game like this.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Just win so I get scoreboard watch in peace. Games to follow on Saturday and Sunday

Saturday:

NJ @ LA (hopeful)
Ottawa @ CBJ (lol)
Philly @ Car (ehhh)

Sunday:
NJ @Ana (again, hopeful)
WSH @ PHI (not bad)

need some help this weekend. And pray this afternoon game isn't a typical afternoon game and that #97 is contained.
RIP

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Huberdeau was invisible this afternoon. Barkov couldn't win a faceoff in the offensive zone, especially in the third period.

Oilers just stretched along the blueline and dared them to dump and chase but the wouldn't. They tried those cute cross ice passes that weren't connecting.

Never realized how dirty the Oilers play. Cheap shots all throughout the game. Lucic is a POS. Couldn't believe the garbage from him.

Disappointing loss but these guys often seem to play to the level of competition.

Can't count on any other teams, just gotta earn points. Not out yet, this week will let us know if we should keep our hopes up or pray for a miracle!

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
The 3rd period was hard to watch.

If I were Boogs I would've saved the timeout to give every single one of those skaters an earful of derogatory comments regarding their effort, execution, and battle level. Especially right after the McDavid goal.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
You know, I wish the players would speak up.

I remember in 2011, the Dallas Mavericks demanded for DeShawn Stevenson to be in the starting lineup overall Caron Butler since the team realized the team was better with that rotation.

I cannot imagine the team thinking that Haley is a better choice to be in the lineup.

His 5 f***ing minutes of ice time was less than his combined penalty minutes.

Get. The. f***. Out.

Whether it's psychological, superstitial, or whatever, this teams with Mamin in. Quit f***ing around and sit the weakest damn link on this mother f***ing team.

f***ing shit.

Sorry just had to get that out there. I woke up from a nap and I'm pissed.

Reactions: Vilam and Jakeybonz

Depch

Aug 27, 2006
Delete account
Tough loss. But our schedule is all right in terms of teams left and I'm confident we can climb back with some games in hand.

Go back to McGinn-McCann-Mamin third line. Figure out Vatrano or Malgin on the second as to me it's a split between them who to have on ice, not have Mamin take the hit who has played great for the role he has had.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
our top 4 offensive players are on pace for (over an 82 game season):

barkov - 30g / 84pt
trocheck - 33g / 78pt
huberdeau - 27g / 74pt
dadonov - 29g / 72pt

4 players with at least 70pts (potentially).....one of which is over 80.....with two, possibly three 30 goal scorers.....and we still may miss the playoffs.

thats.....pretty sad.

not to mention on D:

yandle is on pace for 55pt...
ekblad - 16g / 36pt
matheson - 12g / 31pt

if we miss itll be such a shame with all those top players producing that tremendously, all for nothing.

Reactions: RainingRats

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
our top 4 offensive players are on pace for (over an 82 game season):

barkov - 30g / 84pt
trocheck - 33g / 78pt
huberdeau - 27g / 74pt
dadonov - 29g / 72pt

4 players with at least 70pts (potentially).....one of which is over 80.....with two, possibly three 30 goal scorers.....and we still may miss the playoffs.

thats.....pretty sad.

not to mention on D:

yandle is on pace for 55pt...
ekblad - 16g / 36pt
matheson - 12g / 31pt

if we miss itll be such a shame with all those top players producing that tremendously, all for nothing.
Depth is the killer. Our bottom 6 is on par with Edmonton and such.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
I'm always impressed with Barkov every time that I see him. I would definitely take him over Matthews if I were building a team.
Was also impressed with Matheson. I swear that he knocked down like four clearing attempts that were three feet off the ground with his stick and was deftly able to corral the puck each time.

Reactions: Depch

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Tough loss. But our schedule is all right in terms of teams left and I'm confident we can climb back with some games in hand.

Go back to McGinn-McCann-Mamin third line. Figure out Vatrano or Malgin on the second as to me it's a split between them who to have on ice, not have Mamin take the hit who has played great for the role he has had.

Our schedule is totally opposite than it should be. We lose to weaker teams in standings. It would be hilarious is if we swept Boston and won Columbus only to lose to Arizona, Ottawa, NYI and Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad