GDT: Panthers vs. Oilers - 3/17/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Never said that but this is a team you have to beat at home. Fewer and fewer games left losses cant come in bunches now.
Worst case scenario we're 5pts behind NJD with 2 games in had and 6pts behind CBJ with 3 games in hand.

I refuse to give up on this team until we're mathematically eliminated.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Peaked too damn early and you can't lose to shitty ass teams. Especially ones who were gifted 4-5 1 overall picks and hit on 1 of them.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Worst case scenario we're 5pts behind NJD with 2 games in had and 6pts behind CBJ with 3 games in hand.

I refuse to give up on this team until we're mathematically eliminated.

Not giving up oh no.

Just frustrating with a good chance to catch up.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
100% on Luongo. I don’t feel sorry for him.

It didn’t help playing Haley over Mamin either.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Boughner got outcoached.

Not sure what the hell is going on after a power play, he just throws guys out there that don't normally play together.

Teams are stopping those area and stretch passes, collapsing on our easy outs. In the third, our forwards just vacate the zone for a stretch pass and then a defenseman turns it over because he has no outlet. We have nothing to fall back on when good teams take away our speed through the NZT.

Luongo had a bad game, but the power play execution was terrible. On the Rattie goal, the whole team lost their check and the defenseman just walked down the right side unopposed. A save that Lu normally makes, but no need to let it get to that point.

Boughner should have done something to calm the team down after the third goal or made some adjustment to get the team going.

Haley should be on the bench for Mamin.

Malgin and Trocheck were our best forwards. That's not enough to get it done. Huberdeau was awful today.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It didn't look at all clear to me. The puck was right there. Without the check Kassian gets the puck.

You can't hit a player at that position.

Damm Vatrano just made fool of Talbot.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Much more disappointed with how the top two lines played than Luo
LOL!

I guess they had 42 shots and that rationalizes the fact they can't be burn't out. It's not just in the legs, it's between the ears. They are mentally tired my good man.

Oh, and I'm still on vacation, so you can chalk it up to a wild guess. :)

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Eh, I think they'll win most of there games remaining. That wont be enough. Expecially with these kinda efforts against god awful teams. Philly, NJ, Columbus are not stopping winning

Maybe that´s comes from PO expierence, how to work off my Ass all Night long and those Coaches dont play with Playr you dont need. So call it still lack of PO Race and PO expierence or tired from all the effort Games befor. But then it must listen, tired from lack of Energy and endurance.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Oh yeah. Huge Huberdeau fan but boy has he been missing for some time now
And you all laughed when I said he could be trade bait this off season. Borgstrom will be Huby with a shot. :)

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Talbot fooled everyone himself, his Team, the other Team, his coach, opposite Coach.
That was a trick. let it be look like we tanking tonight and win it then in the 3rd. He get anyone tonight.
ACTUALLY>>>>THE REAL STORY BEHIND THAT GOAL~!

The play was at the other end and this drunk guy in green stands up and yells "TALBOT YOU SUCK" >>>AND CAM LOOKED OVER AND THE CROWD GAVE THE OL CHEER LETTING HIM KNOW WE KNOW THAT HE KNOWS THAT WE KNOW HE HEARD IT!!~!

Totally got in his head cuz a few seconds later...!

For anyone at the game in section 116, I was the guy in the Bure jersey that ran down to the second row and bought he and his friend their beers for the assist LMAO

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
LOL!

I guess they had 42 shots and that rationalizes the fact they can't be burn't out. It's not just in the legs, it's between the ears. They are mentally tired my good man.

Oh, and I'm still on vacation, so you can chalk it up to a wild guess. :)
It's frustrating to have to agree with you, but I totally think Bark, Hub and Tro and starting to be worn out.

I think Barkov has the conditioning to hide it most nights, but you just can't play players this much. It's not how you win.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
ACTUALLY>>>>THE REAL STORY BEHIND THAT GOAL~!

The play was at the other end and this drunk guy in green stands up and yells "TALBOT YOU SUCK" >>>AND CAM LOOKED OVER AND THE CROWD GAVE THE OL CHEER LETTING HIM KNOW WE KNOW THAT HE KNOWS THAT WE KNOW HE HEARD IT!!~!

Totally got in his head cuz a few seconds later...!

For anyone at the game in section 116, I was the guy in the Bure jersey that ran down to the second row and bought he and his friend their beers for the assist LMAO

So the Florida Leprechaun did his Job. Always good for some Story. :D :D :D

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
And you all laughed when I said he could be trade bait this off season. Borgstrom will be Huby with a shot. :)

Why we would trade him? At worst he is a great 2nd liner. If Borgstrom can become a better #1LW then that's fine.

You also said we should unload Yandle, Ekblad and Matheson. All 4 of these players setting/pacing career highs in goals, points etc.

Stay on vacation!

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
It's frustrating to have to agree with you, but I totally think Bark, Hub and Tro and starting to be worn out.

I think Barkov has the conditioning to hide it most nights, but you just can't play players this much. It's not how you win.
Mr. Boo has been tapping their reserve's for the last half of the season. No one can actually believe these guys are robots and continue to play those kind of minutes and not pay for it. The only way it works is if the goaltending and remaining forwards step it up and play over their heads. It's certainly possible to make a final push if that happens, but it's a huge mountain to climb this late. :(

Reactions: Haj

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Why we would trade him? At worst he is a great 2nd liner. If Borgstrom can become a better #1LW then that's fine.

You also said we should unload Yandle, Ekblad and Matheson. All 4 of these players setting/pacing career highs in goals, points etc.

Stay on vacation!
You couldn't see Huby going out the door for a 3/4 defenseman + a prospect winger........I could? All depends on who they can get the better return for.........Bjugs or Huby.

As a first choice, I'd trade Ek's contract in a heartbeat for a decent return. Yandle would be my second choice as he has had a solid year but looks to be tailing off down the stretch. Matheson can look great some nights and totally out of his league at home. I'm liking his progression so I think he is earning his keep at this point.

Aren't you on the ship that thought we should move Petro? :laugh:

Last edited:

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Disappointing 2nd half of the game. McDavid's goal was a backbreaker, sick goal though. He's definitely electric. We had some real good opportunities early but didn't finish. Vatrano is fiesty, I like it.

As much as I don't think Haley should play every game, he isn't the reason we lose games. Going 0-for on the PP and giving up a weak shortie is way worse. It wasn't even like they were on a full-on breakaway either. Oh well.

-ghoste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad