GDT: Panthers vs. Jets - 12/7/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
So Barky was possibly concussed on that weak hit by Trouba? Probably won't play tomorrow but should be okay to line up for the next game? And Bobby Boo knows this how?

Well my predictions have come true. Guds will likely be out over a month before he returns for what is a suspected shoulder problem. I'm sure teams are lining up to pay him between $5 and $6M as a UFA. If Dale signs him for anything more that $2M for more than 1 yr, he should be fired. Barkov adds to his durability legend. Neither obviously made a deal with the devil. :)

Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
So Barky was possibly concussed on that weak hit by Trouba? Probably won't play tomorrow but should be okay to line up for the next game? And Bobby Boo knows this how?

Well my predictions have come true. Guds will likely be out over a month before he returns for what is a suspected shoulder problem. I'm sure teams are lining up to pay him between $5 and $6M as a UFA. If Dale signs him for anything more that $2M for more than 1 yr, he should be fired. Barkov adds to his durability history. Neither obviously made a deal with the devil. :)
Actually, Barkov has been less injured this year than the other years, and there's nothing saying he'll miss more than what Boughner said.

It's refreshing to stay factual occasionally. You should try it.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Monday would be great. Let's hope it's true.
At least it doesn't sound too serious... *fingers crossed*

Scary thing is the kiss of death day to day was mentioned which could mean week to month.
lol

Obviously Haley should be top line then

I mean, the stats show he is a legit 1st line player. Ignore what you see, stats don't lie.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Scary thing is the kiss of death day to day was mentioned which could mean week to month.
lol

I mean, the stats show he is a legit 1st line player. Ignore what you see, stats don't lie.

That's not what the stats show, nor was it what I was trying to imply.

All it shows is that Haley is very productive with his limited time on ice. It's straight basic math...Haley averages 2.08 points per 60 minutes of 5v5 ice time. That's all it says.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario

Well my predictions have come true. Guds will likely be out over a month before he returns for what is a suspected shoulder problem. I'm sure teams are lining up to pay him between $5 and $6M as a UFA. If Dale signs him for anything more that $2M for more than 1 yr, he should be fired. Barkov adds to his durability legend. Neither obviously made a deal with the devil. :)

Maybe it isn't a concussion? It's tough to really speculate in situations like this...could realistically be a number of things.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
What I read was your continued extreme dislike for Bjugdstad.

It’s not a dislike. It’s acknowledging that he’s not the amazing player everyone thinks he is. Just because you think a player is great and I think he’s OK doesn’t mean I dislike him. I’m still waiting to see the 24 goal bjugstad from 3 years ago

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Actually, Barkov has been less injured this year than the other years, and there's nothing saying he'll miss more than what Boughner said.

It's refreshing to stay factual occasionally. You should try it.
The season is young yet. Being played over 23 minutes a game will eventually catch up to anyone, especially when you have a durability issue like Barky.

Then we have all the genius' who thought Haley should sit. Come back and comment when you can evaluate talent. :)

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Maybe it isn't a concussion? It's tough to really speculate in situations like this...could realistically be a number of things.
Whether it's any part of the upper body, it was a weak hit. Never even knocked him off his feet. :)

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
It’s not a dislike. It’s acknowledging that he’s not the amazing player everyone thinks he is. Just because you think a player is great and I think he’s OK doesn’t mean I dislike him. I’m still waiting to see the 24 goal bjugstad from 3 years ago

Lol! What! I think you're just reading vendetta posts if you think this!

Reactions: PSLguy

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
That's not what the stats show, nor was it what I was trying to imply.

All it shows is that Haley is very productive with his limited time on ice. It's straight basic math...Haley averages 2.08 points per 60 minutes of 5v5 ice time. That's all it says.

Cause he plays limited minutes and had a 2 point night yesterday.
It's going to boost his PP/60 big time this early in the season.
Before this game, he had 5 points in 204 minutes, for a PP/60 of 1.47
Coming very close to his PP/60 with the Sharks from last year of 1.4.

Hopefully he stays productive fwiw.

Bjugstad has PP/60 of 1.8 this year(5v5), with a GP/60 of 1.2, .2 higher than his 14/15 campaign of 1.0 where he scored 17 goals ES.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
And you're pointing this out by comparing him to Haley using a single out-of-context stat?
I'm sure you can make a better, factual argument why Bjugstad is good but not great. OTOH, making these sort of random statements just annoys people.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
And you're pointing this out by comparing him to Haley using a single out-of-context stat?
I'm sure you can make a better, factual argument why Bjugstad is good but not great. OTOH, making these sort of random statements just annoys people.

I don't think having a few less points while getting less ice time, no PP time, and having worse linemates is a single out of context stat.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
So Haley should play in the top 6 ? Is there more to Haley than meets the eye ?
Never happen as they need someone on the RW who has a legit sniper shot and knows where to go to get it off. Wouldn't hurt to put him on the top line if we get a big enough lead and they need him to protect Barky (since he can't protect himself)........

Haley played some top line in the AHL so he does possess the skills to score when he is focusing on it. He is asked to do a certain job in the NHL and he does it well plus could contribute more on the 4th line if he had a legit distributor at C. :)

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Never happen as they need someone on the RW who has a legit sniper shot and knows where to go to get it off. Wouldn't hurt to put him on the top line if we get a big enough lead and they need him to protect Barky (since he can't protect himself)........

Haley played some top line in the AHL so he does possess the skills to score when he is focusing on it. He is asked to do a certain job in the NHL and he does it well plus could contribute more on the 4th line if he had a legit distributor at C. :)

I feel having tough guys nowadays is overrated at times.

What's more important is having your head on a swivel at all times.

Just seems with the new rules these guy who run over players can either turtle/hide behind the refs after they throw a questionable hit. Very rarely do they get "punished" by another player.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Fwiw Bjugstad is over 2 points/60, that's very good. In fact the offense this year has been more than adequate. The main issue is defense again, with goaltending to a lesser extent.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Fwiw Bjugstad is over 2 points/60, that's very good. In fact the offense this year has been more than adequate. The main issue is defense again, with goaltending to a lesser extent.
Hardly more than adequate. Thanks to last night's outburst we're up to 15th overall goals for per game.

This team is inconsistent offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad