GDT: Panthers vs. Jets - 12/7/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
little late here but have we touched on cifu's twitter argument vol.5 with doug maclean?

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Missed this game but saw the 3rd afterwards

-Florida has lowkey been playing decently the last 10 games. I think they're too far behind the 8-ball, but the play is there
- If Barkov's out, this team is done. I know it was a late hit but it looked so innocent, I don't know why he's so unlucky
-Pysyk had arguably his 1st good game this year
-Petrovic has to sit
-Reimer is good for one softy a game while otherwise playing decently. Heart-attack inducing style of play though.
-Haley reminds you how good even bad players are, ridiculous tip
-My boy Kulikov taking out their goalie was appreciated

Finally, **** the Jets, I hope they never win a playoff game. #BringBackTheThrashers
It's amazing how Trouba has mastered these innocent looking, a bit late but not quite high enough to be a clear headshot kind of hits. This is not the first time he injures a player with a hit like that.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
From that twitter gif it did look like Trouba hit Barkov straight to the head with his shoulder. Concussions happen quite often with that kind of contacts, reminds me when Kadri took out Granlund with similar kind of hit two years ago. Didn't look like much but just hit the wrong spot.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
It's amazing how Trouba has mastered these innocent looking, a bit late but not quite high enough to be a clear headshot kind of hits. This is not the first time he injures a player with a hit like that.

Wasn't he the one who put Huby into end boards late, left the game due to injury. It might've been Jagr/or different time.

What's with him and those type of hits. He's too good to play that borderline dirty style.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Wasn't he the one who put Huby into end boards late, left the game due to injury. It might've been Jagr/or different time.

What's with him and those type of hits. He's too good to play that borderline dirty style.

Dunno. It's always this same hit too. So dumb. Probably no intent to injure but a very very very stupid play.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Trouba has perfected the shoulder hit targeting the head. In every case the intent is clear. Since the league won't do anything, the players should.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I still don't see how we can win the majority of our remaining games if it takes more than 4 goals to do so. I'd rather us try our luck at sitting back and trapping in 2-1 games than these high flying affairs.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Don’t think hepo will be there just yet.
I think he's got a good chance. He's absolutely killing it and he can put on 15 pounds this summer. He can't play another year of Juniors, I may be wrong but I don't think the AHL would be an option yet? If it is, sure, let him go there and then he'll get called up 10-20 games in.

I think Borg is more likely to be on the third line than top 6 just for some balance.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I still don't see how we can win the majority of our remaining games if it takes more than 4 goals to do so. I'd rather us try our luck at sitting back and trapping in 2-1 games than these high flying affairs.
We can't, imo. There are too many teams to pass. We'd need a 12 game winning streak or chunk a lot of wins together. That seems extremely unlikely with the injuries and inconsistency of this team.

If somehow this team can string together 5 or 6 wins I'll be a bit more open minded but that won't happen until we've been eliminated from the playoffs to screw up our draft ranking.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
As much shit as I give to Tallon for exposing Marchessault and trading Smith, I have to give him credit for trading Gudbranson for McCann, and drafting Malgin. I still think McCann is developing and there some untapped offensive talent there. I can't explain why I think this, I could be wrong.

There was a play last night in the 3rd where Trouba dumped Haley and Haley smartly did not retaliate. Not sure if he will ever be "good" but if Haley plays like he did last night, he is a good (albeit overpaid 4th liner). Mckenzie was good last night as well. Sceviour was a hero.

I think Yandle should not be a top pairing guy, but I think the good outweighs the bad even though the bad is highly noticeable.

I don't know where this team goes, given the injuries and the fact that the roster overall doesn't have the forward depth to compete with playoff teams. I'm gonna try to just watch games with an open mind and see if the younger players develop.

Reactions: jvr32

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
As much **** as I give to Tallon for exposing Marchessault and trading Smith, I have to give him credit for trading Gudbranson for McCann, and drafting Malgin. I still think McCann is developing and there some untapped offensive talent there. I can't explain why I think this, I could be wrong.

McCann should embrace the potential of being a mainstay 3C by improving on checking and PKing role. Then guys like Borg and Hepo should improve and focus almost entirely on being wingers for this org. McCann was considered to be a talented scoring center who also displayed flashes of Kesler-type of agitation by the Nuckles' fans.

I think Borg is more likely to be on the third line than top 6 just for some balance.

Borg is on his way to the first line considering Hubs, Barkov and Dadonov are all playmakers by heart. One of those three will be relegated to the 2nd or 3rd line if Borg, Tippett and Mascherin are entering into the competition over jobs. The top6 need as much goal scoring abilities as the bottom6 needs more skill in general sense (e.g. get rid of MacK).

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007

The Panthers will not be making the playoffs this year. Again.

Year 7 of the rebuild and we are back in the basement.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I thought I saw something click last game, toward the latter end of the game. And then they started to keep the puck down towards the Islanders end of the ice. I didn't want to say anything, didn't want to jinx it. But it looks like it took hold.
They played a strong game, that was not an easy team to beat. And the Jets didn't have an off game either. If it wasn't for the penalties, and some bone headed decision making by certain players, they might have actually had an easier time of it.
They could start climbing now. But, don't know what will happen if Barkov is out more than a few days.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Wasnt Hubey a center in junior?

Is there any particular reason he was transitioned to wing early in his career and firmly there?

He wins draws when he needs to and his 2 way game is good.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Daily reminder that with significantly worse linemates, no PP time, and half the ice time, Micheal Haley has 6 fewer points than Nick Bjugstad.

Reactions: jvr32
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad