Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Sabres Let's try to be positive here everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I'm predicting Jonathan Huberdeau will have a multi-point game. The kid has been playing good, the plays just haven't been clicking well at all. Once Huby finds a groove, he's gonna be hard to stop.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
We play back to back against a better team meaning the chance to win is generally pretty low especially considering the struggles. Doesn't matter if Lou plays. Is anyone actually expecting a win against Washington?

If Montoya has a stinker against Buffalo and they lose that as well the season starts looking awfully long just after five games. I'd rather put the eggs in one basket and get at least one win.

I agree with you there. A loss to Buffalo can not happen.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
This team could easily be 2-1 right now, a bad Upshall penalty cost a point and the team was the better of the 2 against Ottawa. Beat Buffalo and let's get this season going.

But they are not. That's the bottom line. Good teams find ways to win those games, mediocre teams find a split, and poor to bad teams lose them.

Yes, it's only three games in but the team did not show desperation against the Sens. And yes, I was at the game. For those that were there I was the season seat owner upgrade of the game to Club Red.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
But they are not. That's the bottom line. Good teams find ways to win those games, mediocre teams find a split, and poor to bad teams lose them.

Yes, it's only three games in but the team did not show desperation against the Sens. And yes, I was at the game. For those that were there I was the season seat owner upgrade of the game to Club Red.

Congrats, how was the food/drink etc.? At least it must have made the loss slightly more bearable.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Congrats, how was the food/drink etc.? At least it must have made the loss slightly more bearable.

Food was good. Turkey, roast beef, sushi, cheeses, pastas, lots of desserts. Beer, wine, soda, bottled water.

They gave us actual tickets with face value of $250. Not worth it!

Did make the game bearable and even Club Red was not crowded.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I thought it wasn't smart to have Luongo start in Buffalo and Montoya in Washington either, but people on Twitter pointed out to me that Luongo had a shutout in Buffalo last season and they're not a definite win against. Besides, Montoya in my mind is the best backup we've had in a long while that I feel confident with. Gallant is probably putting the more dependable goaltender in the first game no matter who the opponent is just to get a win.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I thought it wasn't smart to have Luongo start in Buffalo and Montoya in Washington either, but people on Twitter pointed out to me that Luongo had a shutout in Buffalo last season and they're not a definite win against. Besides, Montoya in my mind is the best backup we've had in a long while that I feel confident with. Gallant is probably putting the more dependable goaltender in the first game no matter who the opponent is just to get a win.

Exactly this, which is a good move.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
So if they win against Buffalo and Washington and go on a bit of a run away from home, do you think the next game will get some more fans? It is against Arizona though.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Looking at the Boston vs Detroit game right now, Detroit in the PP, not a single dump and chase.. sigh *** I hope one day we can even come close to a PP like that

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I never worry about the attendance. I know what the situation is, I don't fret over it. Until this team starts to win, and win consistently for a extended period of time, there won't be

anyone coming. Heck, that probably won't even be enough at this point, they are probably going to have to make the playoffs and then continue to build on that the following season. Of

course (and I'm not pulling for this, I'm just stating what it would take), if they were to win the lottery and draft McDavid, in the home building, and then on top of that he comes in the

next year and plays like what he is projected to be, then that will increase attendance as well.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I never worry about the attendance. I know what the situation is, I don't fret over it. Until this team starts to win, and win consistently for a extended period of time, there won't be

anyone coming. Heck, that probably won't even be enough at this point, they are probably going to have to make the playoffs and then continue to build on that the following season. Of

course (and I'm not pulling for this, I'm just stating what it would take), if they were to win the lottery and draft McDavid, in the home building, and then on top of that he comes in the

next year and plays like what he is projected to be, then that will increase attendance as well.

Thats the problem. With this lineup, coaching, and ridiculous contracts it doesnt look like that will happen anytime soon.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Miami Heat might be getting some attendance quips soon. Apparently tickets on Stubhub for the opener for less than $30

This burns me so much. This is THE PERFECT time for the Panthers to make some noise. Dolphins suck, Marlins suck, Canes suck, Heat will not be as good as before. This is the best opportunity to be a big story again in S. Fla again ever.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
This burns me so much. This is THE PERFECT time for the Panthers to make some noise. Dolphins suck, Marlins suck, Canes suck, Heat will not be as good as before. This is the best opportunity to be a big story again in S. Fla again ever.
Well I don't know about that. They certainly have the potential to all suck again at the same time.

But sure, good chance to take advantage of this situation.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
been a while since I've posted but here's an article that's positive and lifted my spirits http://www.vavel.com/en-us/nhl/403592-panthers-fans-shouldnt-panic-after-bad-start-to-season.html

Wow. I'm actually the writer :) I'm surprised my article reached the general public that well and also am glad my purpose was accomplished.

The funny thing is that after I wrote that article last night, I thought I named too many negatives and not enough positives about the situation. I just figured in times like these with so many negative things being said about our team everywhere, we all could use a positive outlook and hope for the best.

Last edited:

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
I'm excited for the game on Friday. I haven't watched a game since the loss to the Devils. I'm kind of optimistic.

I agree. I think having the 4 days off will do wonders for the team and going on the road is very good, to kind of let the relocation talk simmer. It's kind of died down and it's actually made me feel better because I've had time to reflect on the current situation.

I have a good feeling about tomorrow.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Hypothetical question. What if we get blown out by the Sabres or beaten in decisive fashion like 4-1?

Not just trying to use my new found positive attitude here, but Florida has looked decent in 2 of 3 games, while Buffalo barely beat a team missing both Staals, Skinner, and Sekera was hurt 5 minutes in and didn't return. The game was evenly played, and before it, the Sabres were outshot 40-22 in a 3-1 loss to a depleted CBJ lineup missing most of its scorers, 6-2 to Chicago where they were outshot 47-23, and 5-1 to Anaheim where they were outshot 44-12. Yes, 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad