Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Sabres Let's try to be positive here everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
im confident jokinen will still end up playing well. mitchell was our best signing. montoya was a great signing too. mac has looked fantastic imo. though bolland may not score too many goals, he definitely knows how to get under the other teams skin. just like last night, he was pushing and shoving with karlsson to the point went karlsson went to the bench they had all 5 guys on the ice swarming bolland like sharks till one of those 5 (gryba) took a stupid penalty.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I think it's pretty pathetic that our best UFA signing last season was Jesse Winchester and this year it'll probably end up being DMAC (who I'm a huge fan of). But if Jokinen and Bolland don't start performing...what an embarrassment.

Mitchell has been much better than Mackenzie.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Mitchell has been fantastic. Great signing.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
If I were Gallant, I would definitely play Montoya on Friday in Buffalo and Luongo in Washington on Saturday. I know it's early in the season and Luongo probably could play back-to-back, but Montoya played well in relief for him on Saturday. His confidence should be up and if the Sabres only will likely get a maximum of 20 shots, why not?

The Caps typically do well against us and we'll need as many saves as possible against them. Hence, put Luongo in net there.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Steve Goldstein ‏@goldieonice 2m2 minutes ago
Likely Roberto Luongo in goal Friday at Buffalo, Al "Big Cubano" Montoya Saturday at Washington. #FlaPanthers

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
I think it does. Thinking that the team will just automatically get two points out of Buffalo considering the struggles is pretty naive. We absolutely need a win Friday to get some momentum and Lou gives us the best shot.

Washington is better than Buffalo. Luongo is the starter. So no, it doesn't make sense.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Washington is better than Buffalo. Luongo is the starter. So no, it doesn't make sense.

We play back to back against a better team meaning the chance to win is generally pretty low especially considering the struggles. Doesn't matter if Lou plays. Is anyone actually expecting a win against Washington?

If Montoya has a stinker against Buffalo and they lose that as well the season starts looking awfully long just after five games. I'd rather put the eggs in one basket and get at least one win.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
We play back to back against a better team meaning the chance to win is generally pretty low especially considering the struggles. Doesn't matter if Lou plays. Is anyone actually expecting a win against Washington?

If Montoya has a stinker against Buffalo and they lose that as well the season starts looking awfully long just after five games. I'd rather put the eggs in one basket and get at least one win.

I concur. Get the two points with the best team available. Doesn't matter who we are playing.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
you know what guys? it's 79 games left.
i think that that attencence thingy really knocked our socks off and thats why we have such a gloomy outlook on everything right now. we have buffalo next up and they are one hell of a worse them then any of the teams we have played so far.
tampa is a contender.
devils havn't lost a game yet.
we always have a hard time playing the sens.

if we pick up this win we're almost 0.50 again. LET'S GO CATS :yo:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

I agree. I can see Gallant's strategy here. We NEED to beat Buffalo.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
you know what guys? it's 79 games left.
i think that that attencence thingy really knocked our socks off and thats why we have such a gloomy outlook on everything right now. we have buffalo next up and they are one hell of a worse them then any of the teams we have played so far.
tampa is a contender.
devils havn't lost a game yet.
we always have a hard time playing the sens.

if we pick up this win we're almost 0.50 again. LET'S GO CATS :yo:

This team could easily be 2-1 right now, a bad Upshall penalty cost a point and the team was the better of the 2 against Ottawa. Beat Buffalo and let's get this season going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad