Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Sabres Let's try to be positive here everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I actually hate making pre game talk threads, especially this early after the team's last game, but the current GDT is making me think I need a Xanax prescription.

So let's look at the positives here:

The Panthers actually played pretty well against Ottawa, just had no finish, they evenly, if not outplayed them.

They're facing a team that's been outshot by at least 20 in all 3 games so far and is trying to lose on purpose, so there's a good chance the first W is coming on Friday.

It's 3 games into the season, it's not over yet.

And most importantly this isn't the last year of the Panthers, no one knows what's going to happen 5 years from now, but please stop panicking as if they're done after 2015. I've noticed a lot of people arguing with each other in regards to viewing habits and going to games, there's no point to that, everyone who posts here is a diehard, and should the unthinkable happen it's no one here's fault. God knows there's enough people against fans of our team that we shouldn't have to fight amongst ourselves.

Now I've slept 3 hours the last 2 days due to work and it's 3:30 am so I think I'm going to try and sleep, but let's try and dial back the gloom here guys.

Let's beat the **** out of the Sabres.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
There is no way this game is a lock. We are just as bad as Buffalo, if not worse. Losing wouldn't be all that bad, as it will help us get McDavid.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
If we play in Buffalo like we did against the Sens then we should win. Gotta cut down the offsides though.

If we played any other team that had offense, we would have been decimated. Enroth owns us. This won't be easy. #FreePirri

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Gallant can take his straight lines and pound them up where the sun don't shine. Let the players play. Stop trying to make the whole team into Scottie Upshalls.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Will the Florida Panthers beat the Buffalo Sabres?

kool-aid_man_oh_yeah_remake-mm.gif

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I'm afraid we'll have the same putrid start as we did last year. Where even after playing above .500 hockey can't dig us out of the hole we dug the first 10-12 games.

Funny thing is two wins back to back(unheard of for the Panthers it feel like) gets us to 2-2-1. Or 5 points in 5 games. 1 point off from the 6 points in 5 games ratio.

I think last night the team played better, and at least stayed competitive till the end.

There needs to be a shake up. I think we have some vets that are becoming cancers to the team.
I don't care if we have to retain a million or two, ship out the guys who don't care to put on the Panthers uniform.

I still stand by my comment last night. No one should be untouchable right now.

If the return is great and improves the team, cya.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Too soon to call for firing the new coach? :laugh:

No offense from this team - what gives? There's more talent than this in the lineup. And there should be more heart too - where's the drive to win?

Haven't caught a game yet, hopefully I'll see this one before my center ice preview ends. Anyone have any good insights as to why the team isn't getting, well....ANYTHING...done?

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
BREAKING

Panthers and Sabres set new NHL record with 75 shootout rounds before it ended.

I saw "BREAKING" and got really excited, thinking a trade happened. I know a trade would have its own thread and everything, but I'm looking to get excited about anything I can at this point...

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I see us winning a game Sabres fans would love to lose. 2-1 score

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I think we'll win something like 4-2 with an empty netter. We will give up two powerplay goals.

Puck Junkie

Jul 15, 2014
Boca Raton, FL
LOL, the despair is ridiculous. Just a few games into a very long season.

Team can't score. That's the end of it. Beyond that they've been ok if you ignore the first 25 minutes against New Jersey. It looks like a lack of confidence and chemistry more than anything. That's hard to build and it will develop over the course of the season. However, right now it's completely absent. The only thing you can do is play a strong system and team game to take care of your own end and give the offense a chance to take shape.

They're going to beat Buffalo because as bad as the Panthers have been so far, they are nowhere near as bad as the Sabres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad