Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ "Monster Phil" and the Leafs Jan 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
If Guds doesn't like it, he can always come back and play up to expectations for a change. And by expectations, I mean franchise defenseman. The guy he was drafted to be...

I could say the same about Huberdeau if he was ever benched but I'm sure many wouldn't like that kind of tough love with Huby but with Guds I guess its ok right?

Guds has a role on this team and he's been good when finally paired with a decent dman like Olsen. That's guds's problem. Jovo is bringing anyone down he plays with and Guds paid the price. Are we going to sit Olsen next because Jovo brought him down as well? When will they (guds & olsen) play together and finally sit down the real problem. That be jovofart.

Erick*

you hav a problem with guds level of effort this year? really?

No. I have a problem with his lack of production since he's been drafted. Just like I've had a problem with Kulikov's lack of consistency since he's been drafted.

Kulikov was scratched too. He's comeback and played better since.
Gudbranson should have to do the same. If he's such the character guy everyone says he is, he will.

I really have no problem with it. It's not as if he's scratching an elite player. You also can't see everything on TV. Horachek sees the whole ice every game. Maybe there's something in Gudbranson's game away from the puck that he's not liking. Guds will get his chance again.

And before anyone brings up the fact that Jovo hasn't been scratched, that's Tallon's fault. It's a lot harder to scratch a player when he's making that much money. It's probably the same reason why it took so long to scratch Flash. It's a business after all.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
a franchise defenseman as in a #1 D? idk who realistically thought he was going to become that. he'll be a #4 on the lower end of the spectrum or a #2 at best. and he's been making strides to being a solid 2nd pairing D and a team leader as well (future captain).

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Im not cherry picking these are our LAST 16 games, how we are trending. If he started the season and we had this record he'd be fired as well.

Thomas hasn't been good lately? oy vey aside from Boston, which game do you blame him?

Our team is crap i agree but i expect three periods of effort and ice the best team possible.

your welcome to be impressed, I am not. Your opinion that you would sign him now is your olin, i respect that. But Adequate is the word i would use to describe PH. I wouldn't fire him of course, but Id like to see what our roster is and are options are this summer.

Since when is 16 games the trending number? We're 4-5-1 in last ten. That's okay given how bad this team is. I also disagree he'd be fired if he started off the season like that.

Really though, what coach could do a better job with this roster?

TT hasn't been good the last three games. He's come down to earth a bit. Nothing wrong with giving Clemmer the start tonight.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
well it's sucking the life out of me too
An accurate representation of this season and this team in general.

tumblr_ll4uesebeh1qzhttno1_500.png

I should shop some Panther logos on to the Suck Cut.

Erick*

I could say the same about Huberdeau if he was ever benched but I'm sure many wouldn't like that kind of tough love with Huby but with Guds I guess its ok right?

Guds has a role on this team and he's been good when finally paired with a decent dman like Olsen. That's his guds's problem. Jovo is bringing anyone down he plays with and Guds paid the price. Are we going to sit Olsen next because Jovo brought him down as well? When will they (guds & olsen) play together and finally sit down the real problem. That be jovofart.

I really wouldn't mind it if Huberdeau was scratched too. Honestly, I wouldn't care. I'm guessing that day is coming too.

As for Jovo, the GM of the team paid him over a 5 mil cap hit and praises his leadership every chance he gets. This whole entire organization is in love with the old man. Notice how the announcers never say a bad word about Jovo. They only bring him up when he's about to fight as if other teams are intimidated of the old fart.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Sure I know because I saw Matthias reaction to his benching and his total disagreement with it and Guds being sat after PH said he could go with his visor on and admitting how much his physicality was missed vs the bruins, yet he sits again? You think Guds is happy with that bs?

Flash and Huberdeau should have been benched long ago and that's the head game because PH targeted hard working players who give 100% and are not counted on to score while underachievers have gotten more of a pass.

It seems like you are assuming a lot. Shore was unhappy when he was sent down, and Kuli didn't understand why he was benched. Look at them now. Boyes picked up his game too since a benching.
Guds could have switched to this visor and is still not 100 percent yet:

bauer_concept-ii_hockey_shield___ice_monster_australia.jpg

My point is you want a coach gone when WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING.
But godspeed, it wouldn't be a message board if we didn't have a difference of opinions.

EDIT: I'm OK with benching Huber, let's do it.

Erick*

a franchise defenseman as in a #1 D? idk who realistically thought he was going to become that. he'll be a #4 on the lower end of the spectrum or a #2 at best. and he's been making strides to being a solid 2nd pairing D and a team leader as well (future captain).

If he becomes a 2nd pairing defenseman long-term, that would be pretty disappointing. I guess it would make sense since that's what loser franchises do when they're given the 3rd overall pick of a draft.

3rd overall picks should be franchise-caliber players.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
No. I have a problem with his lack of production since he's been drafted. Just like I've had a problem with Kulikov's lack of consistency since he's been drafted.

Kulikov was scratched too. He's comeback and played better since.
Gudbranson should have to do the same. If he's such the character guy everyone says he is, he will.

I really have no problem with it. It's not as if he's scratching an elite player. You also can't see everything on TV. Horachek sees the whole ice every game. Maybe there's something in Gudbranson's game away from the puck that he's not liking. Guds will get his chance again.

And before anyone brings up the fact that Jovo hasn't been scratched, that's Tallon's fault. It's a lot harder to scratch a player when he's making that much money. It's probably the same reason why it took so long to scratch Flash. It's a business after all.

Shelving Jovo would have been easier if we wouldn't have made him the captain. You can't bench a healthy captain on your hockey team. I wouldn't care if he was the highest paid albatross of the team but scratched every night but as captain we can't do it. He's going to play and that's frustrating. He killed Guds and he's killing Olsen. With all that time Jovo was out, it was a great time to make someone else captain and avoid this mess we have this guy now.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
If Guds doesn't like it, he can always come back and play up to expectations for a change. And by expectations, I mean franchise defenseman. The guy he was drafted to be...

So the season is pretty much done and has been for a while. Guds is a young kid. So lets sit him in the press box. He can get all the experience he needs from up there.

And you know as well as I do that a lot of his problem was Jovo.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I had to turn my phone off after this loss, the texts from Leaf Land came hard and fast. This game was hard to watch as the PP has created better opportunities but every opposing commentator drools at the fact we're 1 for 48 now. We would have probably been up 3 or 4-0 if we could figure out how to cycle the puck down low, pass out front and jam a garbage PP goal. Let Kuli or Bjugstad slap a one-timer too maybe?

Disappointing loss with Barkov and Timmy being glaring absences tonight. We rely on a 18yr old rookie and 39yr old vet which is a scary thought. Bjugstad is a beauty though, the kid has the best finishing ability on the team right now. Kuli is heating up as well and I hope Tallon keeps him to be honest. Throw Flash/Kopecky/Gomez/Upshall/Goc on the trade block in that order. Gomez was beyond awful tonight and I'd be happy to see him waived anytime soon when Barkov is back.

Erick*

Shelving Jovo would have been easier if we wouldn't have made him the captain. You can't bench a healthy captain on your hockey team. I wouldn't care if he was the highest paid albatross of the team but scratched every night but as captain we can't do it. He's going to play and that's frustrating. He killed Guds and he's killing Olsen. With all that time Jovo was out, it was a great time to make someone else captain and avoid this mess we have this guy now.

I agree with you.

Erick*

So the season is pretty much done and has been for a while. Guds is a young kid. So lets sit him in the press box. He can get all the experience he needs from up there.

And you know as well as I do that a lot of his problem was Jovo.

Jovo wasn't paid by the coach. He's the captain of the team, makes a bunch of money and is healthy. He's going to play no matter how much he sucks. It's what happens when a GM makes a bad move. It's a sport, but it's also a business.

For a baseball comparison, it's similar to the days of Heath Bell closing games for the Marlins.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
It seems like you are assuming a lot. Shore was unhappy when he was sent down, and Kuli didn't understand why he was benched. Look at them now. Boyes picked up his game too since a benching.
Guds could have switched to this visor and is still not 100 percent yet:

bauer_concept-ii_hockey_shield___ice_monster_australia.jpg

My point is you want a coach gone when WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING.
But godspeed, it wouldn't be a message board if we didn't have a difference of opinions.

EDIT: I'm OK with benching Huber, let's do it.

Shore has no place to complain about a benching. He will be up and down probably in his career and he's trying to make his place. No way he complains.

Kulikov, Boyes, deserved there benching and improved and flash and Huberdeau should have been next. Note these were all underachieving players and those are the type you like to bench. Sends a good message for the player and to the whole team about accountability.

Rather than bench in the right order though PH went after the guys who give it all. Finally flash got his but way too late in my eyes and Huby has been on a pass all year. Why hasn't his "passion" been a issue but Matthias passion is? Guds now is being shelved after being reported he's ok and he was missed. PH's handle of the bench button makes no sense.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Agree. Which is why more stuff than locker room leadership which he is ans has been great at needs to be considered when picking the C. That was Dineens move and we are all still forced to love with it even though he's gone. I'm not sure if it has been done or even if it can be done but if I were PH, I would have stripped the C once he started playing like Jovo again a few weeks ago. That would be making a statement. Instead he's busy benching guys like Guds and Matthias.

The guy is ruining our young defensemen one by one. I really hope he retires.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
As much as I love Guddy's mean streak, I think it hurts more than it helps most nights. And just for the record, I was the guy who got laughed at by most of you for saying we should pass on Gudbranson for a forward in 2010..

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Shore has no place to complain about a benching. He will be up and down probably in his career and he's trying to make his place. No way he complains.

Kulikov, Boyes, deserved there benching and improved and flash and Huberdeau should have been next. Note these were all underachieving players and those are the type you like to bench. Sends a good message for the player and to the whole team about accountability.

Rather than bench in the right order though PH went after the guys who give it all. Finally flash got his but way too late in my eyes and Huby has been on a pass all year. Why hasn't his "passion" been a issue but Matthias passion is? Guds now is being shelved after being reported he's ok and he was missed. PH's handle of the bench button makes no sense.

He said his "physicality was missed" which tells me he would like to play him if not for some other factor which we know nothing about.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013

What? Who is he ruining? Since PH came in and benched him Kuli his been at his best in a while and hasn't even played with him. Olsen has played way over expectations from the trade and just got back. Gudbranson looked good before the injury. Petro looked fine. Who is he possibly ruining? Way over the top.

Last edited:

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Agree. Which is why more stuff than locker room leadership which he is ans has been great at needs to be considered when picking the C. That was Dineens move and we are all still forced to love with it even though he's gone. I'm not sure if it has been done or even if it can be done but if I were PH, I would have stripped the C once he started playing like Jovo again a few weeks ago. That would be making a statement. Instead he's busy benching guys like Guds and Matthias.

Oh come on! The guy might be slow on the ice but he is a great leader. Would I rather see Olsen and Guds back together and have Jovo on the bench? YES!
But to say he is ruining our d-men is a bit much.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Agree 100%. Didn't like it then because you could see this situation coming a mile away, and oh look, here we have to bench young players on a rebuilding team in instead him. At least most other players you can bench and get them out of the way.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
The same could be said for Gudbranson.

Guds hasn't complained about his benching. I'm doing the complaining for him. Guds may not live up to 3rd overall draft status scoring wise but he was playing like a solid and nasty to play against dman when paired with Olsen in the 2nd d pairing. Shore will have to battle for a spot again next training camp playing 4th line duties. They cant be compared.

Guds has a role on this team and we have gotten ran over these last few games without him. He needs to play and do it with Olsen and not made a scapegoat for Jovosnot.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
wow! were a **** team! were whining about who is being scratched? quit *****ing about mathias being scratched!!! u scratch players for more than just intensity and passion reasons... mathias was scratched cause of details to the game... obviously he wasnt doing something properly that none of us have a clue about either in practice or off ice... guds broke his ****ing orbital bone a little while ago... he has a protective ****ing cage on to protect his face!!! hard to take out flash and hubs when we have so little skill as is... they r still trying... obviously they r practicing hard and the effort is still there they r just snake bitten... cant believe u guys whine every game over who is scratched when u have no ****ing clue the reasons behind them... gomez is our second line center tonight!! that means our team is ****!!!! horacheck is some how above 500 with this group of bums.... he is doing the best he can... and to whoever said he is destroying our young d?? lol they r perforing a **** of alot better with him than before.. kuli is progressing clearly... even gilbert... and when the guds issue is sorted out im sure he will be beasting it up again too!!!! again our leading scorer wont have 50pts this year.. that is pathetic.. scotty ****ing bowman would be getting his ass kicked with this lineup... i know it sucks but patience!!!! we will not be better till barky jugs hubs guds kuli petro shore and others get more experience... thats all there is to it... to expect anything else is jsut ****ing stupid... this cant be a shock to anyone

whoops u meant jovo destroying our d lol then i sorta agree he was dog balls tonight... tonight pissed me off alot... same old ****... other team just throws **** at the net and its a goal and our players bust ass all over the ice and fight so hard to score 2-3 goals its painful.. but it will get better no doubt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad