Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ "Monster Phil" and the Leafs Jan 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Jovo wasn't paid by the coach. He's the captain of the team, makes a bunch of money and is healthy. He's going to play no matter how much he sucks. It's what happens when a GM makes a bad move. It's a sport, but it's also a business.

For a baseball comparison, it's similar to the days of Heath Bell closing games for the Marlins.
Oh god, that was awful. :facepalm:

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
That was actually a really great play by Gomez on our second goal. He wasn't bad tonight.

hockey dude

Aug 26, 2011
wow! were a **** team! were whining about who is being scratched? quit *****ing about mathias being scratched!!! u scratch players for more than just intensity and passion reasons... mathias was scratched cause of details to the game... obviously he wasnt doing something properly that none of us have a clue about either in practice or off ice... guds broke his ****ing orbital bone a little while ago... he has a protective ****ing cage on to protect his face!!! hard to take out flash and hubs when we have so little skill as is... they r still trying... obviously they r practicing hard and the effort is still there they r just snake bitten... cant believe u guys whine every game over who is scratched when u have no ****ing clue the reasons behind them... gomez is our second line center tonight!! that means our team is ****!!!! horacheck is some how above 500 with this group of bums.... he is doing the best he can... and to whoever said he is destroying our young d?? lol they r perforing a **** of alot better with him than before.. kuli is progressing clearly... even gilbert... and when the guds issue is sorted out im sure he will be beasting it up again too!!!! again our leading scorer wont have 50pts this year.. that is pathetic.. scotty ****ing bowman would be getting his ass kicked with this lineup... i know it sucks but patience!!!! we will not be better till barky jugs hubs guds kuli petro shore and others get more experience... thats all there is to it... to expect anything else is jsut ****ing stupid... this cant be a shock to anyone

whoops u meant jovo destroying our d lol then i sorta agree he was dog balls tonight... tonight pissed me off alot... same old ****... other team just throws **** at the net and its a goal and our players bust ass all over the ice and fight so hard to score 2-3 goals its painful.. but it will get better no doubt...

Love the passion but might be more believable if you knew what a capital letter and punctuation looked like!

Last edited:

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
wow! were a **** team! were whining about who is being scratched? quit *****ing about mathias being scratched!!! u scratch players for more than just intensity and passion reasons... mathias was scratched cause of details to the game... obviously he wasnt doing something properly that none of us have a clue about either in practice or off ice... guds broke his ****ing orbital bone a little while ago... he has a protective ****ing cage on to protect his face!!! hard to take out flash and hubs when we have so little skill as is... they r still trying... obviously they r practicing hard and the effort is still there they r just snake bitten... cant believe u guys whine every game over who is scratched when u have no ****ing clue the reasons behind them... gomez is our second line center tonight!! that means our team is ****!!!! horacheck is some how above 500 with this group of bums.... he is doing the best he can... and to whoever said he is destroying our young d?? lol they r perforing a **** of alot better with him than before.. kuli is progressing clearly... even gilbert... and when the guds issue is sorted out im sure he will be beasting it up again too!!!! again our leading scorer wont have 50pts this year.. that is pathetic.. scotty ****ing bowman would be getting his ass kicked with this lineup... i know it sucks but patience!!!! we will not be better till barky jugs hubs guds kuli petro shore and others get more experience... thats all there is to it... to expect anything else is jsut ****ing stupid... this cant be a shock to anyone

whoops u meant jovo destroying our d lol then i sorta agree he was dog balls tonight... tonight pissed me off alot... same old ****... other team just throws **** at the net and its a goal and our players bust ass all over the ice and fight so hard to score 2-3 goals its painful.. but it will get better no doubt...

You know your points that you make would come across just fine without having to ********** have a ********** bunch of bad words and asterisks all over the place. We all read English here just fine thanks.

Just because Huby and Flash are some of the very few who have the ability to score doesn't mean they are exempt from the same accountability as the rest. PH is the interim coach and he's done a good job overall so far but there is a divide amongst us if he should be retained and how he dishes out accountability to me is dicey and so is this powerplay under his leadership and this being a message board and us being huge fans of the team that want at least next year to be better, we care what goes on at the very moment very much.

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
There is no PP.

PH just rolls the next line up the last 4 or 5 games. It's like he's given up on it.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Since when is 16 games the trending number? We're 4-5-1 in last ten. That's okay given how bad this team is. I also disagree he'd be fired if he started off the season like that.

Really though, what coach could do a better job with this roster?

TT hasn't been good the last three games. He's come down to earth a bit. Nothing wrong with giving Clemmer the start tonight.

Well if ur satisfied w 4-5-1 that's your prerogative. I think as many do the warts are coming through, the power play under his regime is a historical disaster, his choice of benching certain players and not others, leads to scrutiny deserved.

It's Odd timing for benchings. Team had pushed that playing well before break was a must then he tries to send message on trip? Coach has played TT consecutively back2back 3x this wasn't even b2b so noooo I wouldn't have played Clemmer and I'll speculate the result may have been different.

I don't know what coach could do better nor do I know what coach could do worse.
Any rational person would have reservations, so at this point, let yet another lost season unfold, see what our new roster will look like and find the best fit. It may be PH, time will tell.

Last edited:

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Opposing fans laugh at our roster every time they see it.

How many coaches are going to get fired before we realize that the problem isn't the coach? If Tallon has to fire two coaches in the span of one season, shouldn't Tallon be fired too? These are the guys he wanted to coach his team. Horachek has done just fine. 18-17-3 with this team is pretty good.

The only bad thing is the PP. Scratches/starts is a matter of hindsight. For the most part, we've been pretty good 5-on-5 and the PK has improved over the past month or so. Systematically, there seem to be more positives than negatives. Maybe one of these years, the organization will provide the coach with good enough players instead of all of these overpaid "winners" who are actually just losers.

The PP problems is really hard to figure out ... Panthers had the 6th best PP in the league last year w/ Huby/Shore/Mueller and Kopy/Goc/Flash as their forwards for the majority of the year.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
There is no PP.

PH just rolls the next line up the last 4 or 5 games. It's like he's given up on it.

For all the things we do or don't know about that people complain about our coaching, why certain players sit over others...the PP is the one aspect I hope we can agree on that coaching is at fault. Horachek has improved the team for sure and gotten more out of certain players, but the PP has just become god-awful.

There's no denying that under Dineen and his staff, if nothing else, our PP was something to be reckoned with. And yes some players are different than before but the vast majority are the same and in some cases (i.e. Barkov) are an improvement. So what is the deal? Because if the PP was even mediocre, this team would be way more in the playoff hunt. Special teams have killed them for a long time.

However, most of last night was about terrible defensive coverage and I saw too many times where players were just standing around as the play happened around them. Unacceptable. The team knows they are good when they give their all and effort yet too many times they come out lazy or unprepared. In this instance, they started well and took their foot off the gas. How hard is a 60 minute effort to understand?

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
The PP problems is really hard to figure out ... Panthers had the 6th best PP in the league last year w/ Huby/Shore/Mueller and Kopy/Goc/Flash as their forwards for the majority of the year.

The difference is the production from the D. Campbell had 17 PP points last year. This year 8.

We had much better production from Kopy, Flash and Huby last year as well.

Shore barely played on the PP last year.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
For all the things we do or don't know about that people complain about our coaching, why certain players sit over others...the PP is the one aspect I hope we can agree on that coaching is at fault. Horachek has improved the team for sure and gotten more out of certain players, but the PP has just become god-awful.

There's no denying that under Dineen and his staff, if nothing else, our PP was something to be reckoned with. And yes some players are different than before but the vast majority are the same and in some cases (i.e. Barkov) are an improvement. So what is the deal? Because if the PP was even mediocre, this team would be way more in the playoff hunt. Special teams have killed them for a long time.

However, most of last night was about terrible defensive coverage and I saw too many times where players were just standing around as the play happened around them. Unacceptable. The team knows they are good when they give their all and effort yet too many times they come out lazy or unprepared. In this instance, they started well and took their foot off the gas. How hard is a 60 minute effort to understand?

Great post.

Huby/Shore/Mueller and Kopy/Goc/Flash were the forwards for the majority of the year, last yr, all but Mueller available this.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
I really wouldn't mind it if Huberdeau was scratched too. Honestly, I wouldn't care. I'm guessing that day is coming too.

As for Jovo, the GM of the team paid him over a 5 mil cap hit and praises his leadership every chance he gets. This whole entire organization is in love with the old man. Notice how the announcers never say a bad word about Jovo. They only bring him up when he's about to fight as if other teams are intimidated of the old fart.

Scratching Huby for a game would make a hell of a lot more sense than scratching a healthy Guds for three. It looked like Huby was figuring it out after the Pens goal but now he is back to missing open nets and not being able to stickhandle for a damn. He needs a game off. It will probably work.

With Olsen back I have no doubt Guds will be fine. And that will go to show just how much Jovos **** play has an impact on his linemates. And it will continue to go unnoticed because PH and the org will still be wearing glasses with #55 pasted over the lenses.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I dont understand why the team cant ever seem to fire on all cylinders. Whether its the PP, goaltending, work ethic, defensive errors/strategies its like they cant do everything 100% any time let alone all the time.

Im sorry but talent is only 50-75% of that equation.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Oh trust me I understand. I'm a passionate fan myself. I mean if I wasn't I wouldn't put up with the ******** I see on a nightly bases;). However with that being said I control my anger and turn it into hope/being hopeful or whatever you want to call it. I'm not acting like a Pejorative Slur trying to speculate on things I don't know about.

I hear you there. We are all in hockey purgatory here together. I understand anger boiling over where following this franchise is concerned. As a fan, all I want to see from here on out is a better team yearly. They are better this year than last so I'm okay. If this team regresses next season the job won't be getting done IMO.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I dont understand why the team cant ever seem to fire on all cylinders. Whether its the PP, goaltending, work ethic, defensive errors/strategies its like they cant do everything 100% any time let alone all the time.

Im sorry but talent is only 50-75% of that equation.

I don't get it either.

The only positive is that sans Huberdeau, the young guys are playing well at least

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
The difference is the production from the D. Campbell had 17 PP points last year. This year 8.

We had much better production from Kopy, Flash and Huby last year as well.

Shore barely played on the PP last year.

Shore played about 1 min of PP time a game last year, not huge, but still quite a bit

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
Shore played about 1 min of PP time a game last year, not huge, but still quite a bit

So did Matthias

Most regulars on the PP last logged 2 minutes per game. Except Campbell who was close to 4 minutes I believe.

Difference this year is Flash, Huby and kopy are so far under the stats they had last year and still logging the same minutes per game as last year.

Bujdstead is averaging the norm of 2 minutes per game but not got a single point.

Problem is who do you put in if not them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad