Post-Game Talk: Panthers lose to Ottawa but beat Quebec

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Also, I don't see how GG thought it was a good idea to pull the goalie there. You're down by 1, not 2.

You will basically get another "man advantage" in the final minute when it's 6-on-5. Why give the Sens the chance to ice the puck without worry of icing calls?

ESPECIALLY since the thing this team struggles most with is keeping the puck in at the blueline. Poor coaching once again. There's a reason this scrub was fired from COLUMBUS. I'd wager about 90% of coaches would be getting better results with this squad, just my opinion.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
We're quickly destroying the progress we made from the 5 game win streak, especially with losses to Ottawa and New Jersey. BIG LOSSES.

Tallon needs to make move to add some scoring to this team. We had plenty of chances, couldn't convert. Team still needs a shakeup.

I didn't like pulling the goalie with that much time left. The PP was clearly struggling to get setup.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
They got puck luck but we gave them unnecessary power plays and couldn't convert on our chances. On the Hoffman goal we hesitated to do anything in the neutral zone then Guds hesitated to after the puck behind the net.

ebulldog

Mar 25, 2015
Pirri on the PP is just pointless. He has one shot in his arsenal while out there. Gallant is baffling at times.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
The Panthers couldn't handle the forechecking pressure the Sens put on them tonight. The tight forechecking is why the Cats had the two on ones and breakaways. Just couldn't score on them all.

I said epic collapse because the couldn't even clear the puck on the two powerplays they were scored on. The Sens controlled the pace throughout after the Cats took the lead.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Other than the recent Trocheck goal, I can't remember the last time the Panthers got a gift deflection that ended up an easy tap in goal or went directly into the net. Meanwhile, it seems like we give one up every other game.

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I didn't like pulling the goalie with that much time left. The PP was clearly struggling to get setup.

Agreed. Gallant with another boneheaded coaching decision. Annoyed with him to say the least. I see no strategy or thought process in his decisions. His problem solving is NON-EXISTENT right now.

What an awful coach. The only thing holding his job is Luongo's goaltending and our young talent. Like I said in my other post, I wager that most NHL-caliber coaches would have this team at a better record than GG does.

He's just not a good hockey coach and we have enough talent to win some games this year so he likely won't get fired, which is a shame because there's at least a couple other guys that would do a much better job with this roster.

I mean, you have Jussi Jokinen playing on the 4th line when paperweight Pirri sits on the 3rd line with Bolland and Howden. Jussi is one of the few proven scorers in this league that we have. I know he wouldn't be a savior but it's just a lot of little things like that, that end up adding up and lead to losses like this.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Funny how pissy everyone gets when we get exposed by a team that scores 3 a game.

What's the problem been since day one. Getting goals. Shocker.

Everyone had Pirri pinned with 30. The Jagr line will produce every night... Blah, blah. All these assumptions.

I guess you're seeing it.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Such a good base to this team.. Just need to get rid of Tallon and Gallant to move us in the right direction... We need our version of Stan Bowman.

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Literally any coach. Mike freaking Keenan is better.

Gallant is a bottom of the barrel coach. Dude sucks, has no system, no strategy and makes THE WORST decisions.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
"Such a good base to this team.. Just need to get rid of Tallon and Gallant to move us in the right direction... We need our version of Stan Bowman."

I agree with this. We need someone who can put this team over the top. We have the right pieces except for one legit goal scorer. Just need someone who knows how to get them to live up to their potential, make smarter decisions, and fix problems sooner than later. I'm afraid Tallon is too in love with some of his guys and won't ever make a trade for real established talent.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
We played a decent game, but got kind of screwed on some lucky bounces for Ottawa. Their pp was also deadly. I think people are over reacting just a bit here.

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
My reaction isn't really based on this game alone. Yah tonight was unfortunate bounces and Luongo could have played better, but my issue with Gallant has stemmed from watching him all season.

He's just an idiot behind the bench. His strategies, his ideas, the players he puts out there in certain situations, the recycled plays he tries over and over again, it's just too much.

He doesn't make adjustments, he doesn't COACH this damn hockey team. We get outcoached on the regular and that is Gallant's fault through and through. Disappointed because as I said the roster is good enough to stay afloat even with his dumbass behind the bench, but a good coach could really do something special with this team.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Hopefully when Bjugstad is healthy, or something, Pirri gets a day off.

We had a lot of good chances, just couldn't beat Anderson, again.

ebulldog

Mar 25, 2015
PLEASE anyone but Keenan!!! That kind move would force me to be a Tampa fan instantly.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
We sucked for the last decade, we suck now, and we will continue to suck for the next decade.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Garbage play by Smith at the end there trying to deke as the last man with an empty net SMH.............

About to negate the winning streak pretty quickly with a loss coming to Washington imo......

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Must be the reply quote is not working.

2 goals is the killer. Have to score 3 or more against most good teams. Good effort all 3 periods, it's just good teams make you pay for your mistakes where we make a team pay maybe 10% of the time on breakaways and odd man rushes. Tonight was better at 2 out of 4, but still not good enough. Liked the young guys again including Smith and Tro. Bolland didn't have a penalty but still is no factor offensively.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad