Confirmed with Link: Panthers invite D. Booth on a PTO

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
A shell of his former self. One hit changed his career but he was never that good. PTOs are always a good idea. I would bet he doesn't make the team.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
if he plays well, maybe he can play on the 4th, his speed wouldnt be bad with mac and he was always a fan favorite here, so if he looks good and we can sign him for like 800k then i wouldnt mind it tbh. some might say it prevents howden from playing but more ahl time for him wouldnt be the worst thing and he'd still be a top call up.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Have to think this is more of a favour to Booth so that he can get some practice, rather than the team actually looking to sign him.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
If anyone watched him, he played very well on the Leafs. Take that however you want. Kinda happy about this.

having said that, it doesnt make sense to buyout Boyes then give Booth a spot....

Last edited:

Erased

Jun 18, 2014
but-why.gif

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
It has to be as a favor. No reason to get rid of Boyes to have a much worse player come in.

(I know everyone likes Booth, but he sucks unfortunately)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Until he actually makes the team and chaos ensues.

He was actually really solid all last year. He played mostly 4th line but when he played in the top 2 lines he almost always scored a point.

either he makes the team and we see him on the 4th line or sometimes the third line and you see a smith bjugstad Pirri line....

Or he ends up making the team as a precursor to a trade involved trocheck or grimaldi or something like that

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
What's the big deal against this? Competition is a good thing. He plays well he gets a minimum contract and is a 4th liner. He starts to suck they send him to Portland. He plays bad they don't sign him no harm no foul. Plus he and Rocco can have bible study while all the other guys are sinning.:naughty: He's an extra experienced body for camp.

Erased

Jun 18, 2014
What's the big deal against this? Competition is a good thing. He plays well he gets a minimum contract and is a 4th liner. He starts to suck they send him to Portland. He plays bad they don't sign him no harm no foul. Plus he and Rocco can have bible study while all the other guys are sinning.:naughty: He's an extra experienced body for camp.

They can join Jagr on his pregame prayer time.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
This makes me wonder too about why they let Boyes go when he has a better overall game despite being older. I'm not sure if Booth makes the team, but it'll be interesting if he does. I don't think he'll be a bad 3rd/4th line winger, but I am eager to see if he can beat out guys like Crouse or Howden for the job. I'm just hoping the casual fans don't say he sucks because he scores 5 goals this season instead of 30+.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
He's a marginal player. He'd be here just for depth, if that. I don't get emotional about these marginal players, Boyes, Jokinen, Bolland, etc., except if they block some young player that we need to see if they are good enough or not. I mean, it's not like our chances rest on players like Bolland etc.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Booth does add speed to the team for certain. I think he can flourish with Bjugstad burying rebounds.

Calling it now. Booth makes it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad