Post-Game Talk: Panthers @ Hurricanes 12/18: Versteeg's poor backchecking finally benefits Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
loved knight.

Guys remember when tallon traded shore for knight? most of us were baffled by the trade.. but man its lookin good.

as much as i want bolland to redeem himself and play a big part of our team.. you keep him buried for knight.

Now... Let's not get carried away.. It's been 3 games

If anything.. I expect Knight to be sent down soon and Bolland called up. - Panthers

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Now... Let's not get carried away.. It's been 3 games

If anything.. I expect Knight to be sent down soon and Bolland called up. - Panthers

So knight has played better in 3 games then bolland has in any game.

Ya I fully expect as long as knight keeps it up bolland to see a lot of George Richards in the press box.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
loved knight.

Guys remember when tallon traded shore for knight? most of us were baffled by the trade.. but man its lookin good.

as much as i want bolland to redeem himself and play a big part of our team.. you keep him buried for knight.

Not I.

I wasnt in love with it, but not against it because I got the feeling Shore would be an AHL/NHL call up guy for a long time. Never really seizing a role in the NHL.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Carolina announcers said they think we are a playoff team...

N4XUyAC.gif

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Unless the guy does a 180 and starts contributing some offense, yeah he will be bought out. The savings of $3.7M per for 3 years vs $1.8M against the Cap the final 3 years just makes financial sense. With the Cap going up and our better players probably getting at least 6 years on their next contract, it makes perfect sense.
Actually, it's better if he doesn't get bought out, since we can afford the bigger caphit short term. 5-6 years from now, that 1.8M can be a real problem, when the current young guys are in their prime & on a big money contract.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
So knight has played better in 3 games then bolland has in any game.

Ya I fully expect as long as knight keeps it up bolland to see a lot of George Richards in the press box.

Kinda being sarcastic and not.. me that is..

Knight has played much better in the 3 games than Bolland has pretty much any game in his time here. But knowing Tallon he'll call up his buddy soon enough and demote Knight

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I really hope that we are hanging around by feb/march and pick up a sniper like vrbata at the deadline. I think he would be a great addition for us.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
You do realise we are not going to win every game 5-1 right

Of course, but I'm not wrong. Sometimes we struggle to even get chances. Last night was a coin flip, but we found a way, which is a very good sign. We still need tinkering up front. The LA Kings had the same problem before Lombardi acquired additions like Williams, Richards, Carter and Gaborik to bolster the attack and make the offense more potent.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I don't recall ever hearing about it, nor did my quick google search come up with any info.

JJ & Pitkänen are known former Kärpät players however and Pitkänen is currently practising with the team, still recovering from that heel injury he got during the lockout season with Carolina.

Looking back on the game I've found it:

They said JJ owns his hometown team in Oulu in the Finnish Elite League, where he and Joni Pitkanen are from.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
If Knight can stay above 60% in the face-off circle you cannot send him down ever. He could become one of th best in the NHL at face-offs. That's a huge advantage for us. Anyone know why he's so good at winning them?

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida

They said JJ owns his hometown team in Oulu in the Finnish Elite League, where he and Joni Pitkanen are from.

Which is the team Soupy talked about, Kärpät. I doubt he fully owns the team though, like soupy said maybe he owns a small share

EstConf96*

If Knight can stay above 60% in the face-off circle you cannot send him down ever. He could become one of th best in the NHL at face-offs. That's a huge advantage for us. Anyone know why he's so good at winning them?

My guess is he wants to stay in NHL badly and he found a way in doing so. I like him allot he should be a regular 4th liner.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Lol this thread title jumped out at me from the main page. As a Hawks fan I approve. Well done. :handclap:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Which is the team Soupy talked about, Kärpät. I doubt he fully owns the team though, like soupy said maybe he owns a small share

I googled and couldn't find anything about him owning it, so your both probably right about owning a small share.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA

Not sure but he was good at face-offs in college as well. So it's certainly not beginners NHL luck or anything like that.

-ghoste

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
He has been great in the faceoff for years.
Yes, he's always been a very good FO guy. However, it takes time before other players in the NHL learn your tendencies on FO's, so I would anticipate a slight dropoff at some point when that happens.

Wander

May 12, 2014

JJ's hometown is actually Kalajoki, but I can confirm that he is a partial owner of his former Liiga career team Oulun Kärpät, this fact has been referenced multiple times in Finnish news sources.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

I googled and couldn't find anything about him owning it, so your both probably right about owning a small share.
Maybe they just assumed that, since many Finnish NHL players have invested in their youth teams.

JJ's hometown is actually Kalajoki, but I can confirm that he is a partial owner of his former Liiga career team Oulun Kärpät, this fact has been referenced multiple times in Finnish news sources.
Odd, since I didn't find any news/info relating to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad