Post-Game Talk: Panthers @ Hurricanes 12/18: Versteeg's poor backchecking finally benefits Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
2c7562338f5a4bab5a47f7341bfabb9f.jpg

Your Florida Panthers take on the Carolina Hurricanes! Game time at 7:00pm at PNC Arena

TV: Live on FSN Florida and Center Ice.
Radio: Listen Live on 560 WQAM

:panthers

VS

:canes

[fieldset=Line Combinations (Subject To Change)]
Carolina:
LW |C| RW
ChompyMcMouthGuard|E. Staal|Lindholm
Nordstrom|J. Staal|Nestrasil
Skinner|Rask |Di Giuseppe
Malone|McClement|Terry

LD|RD
Hainsey |Faulk
Liles|Pesce
Hanifin|Slavin

Injuries: Gerbe (lbi: 2-4 weeks), Wisniewski (torn acl, out for season)
Healthy: Riley Nash

Florida:
LW| C |RW
Huberdeau|Barkov|Jagr
Pirri|Trocheck|Smith
Jokinen|Grimaldi|Shaw
Howden |Knight |Thornton

LD|RD
Campbell| Mitchell
Kulikov|Ekblad
Gydbranson|Olsen

x-Howden (healthy), Petrovic (lbi)​
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Expected Starting Goaltenders]
Carolina:
8475663.jpg

Eddie Lack
GP | W | L | OTL| GAA | SV% | SO
12|3|6| 2| 3.34|.876|0

VS.

Florida:
8466141.jpg

Roberto Luongo
GP | W | L | OTL | GAA | SV% | SO
25|11|11|3| 2.29| .925|1
[/fieldset]

Last edited:

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Thornton can't play b2b he'll die. If Lou is kinda sick you gamble and go for b2b with Montoya. He had limited work in NJ and low zone time in the crouch.

EstConf96*

Have a good feeling about this game. Luongo vs Lack is going to be interesting.

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Just like the Boston game, 2 points out of a playoff spot, held by the team we are playing. Sorry boys (ladies) but, history dictates an L tonight.

After a huge win, I expect us to drop the ball against a lower opponent. It would be so Panthers. :sarcasm:

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Played about as perfect as can be for the 1st game of a B2B last night. Let's get the lead early and hold it.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Wow you guys get these GDTs out fast, awesome.

Great game last night, like the Islander game but played much better (because that first game felt like pure luck and Luongo that we even survived). They better not sleep on the Hurricanes, they've been better of late but I know we can beat them.

Now for the good stuff, as Luongo must be so happy to see Schneider and Lack back to back (not play against necessarily but you know he visited them):

luongo-lack-legit.jpg

Lack's actual Hurricanes mask, check out the back...
12038661_10153619605604819_6672730627299316565_o.jpg

tumblr_n9yvlevFNO1r5tb9fo1_r1_250.gif

lack+tweet+dinner.png

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Interesting little stat. Of the teams outside the playoff spots right now, the Panthers have the best goal differential. And it's not really close either.
I know it's a bit early, but it's a good stat to have in your favor.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Interesting little stat. Of the teams outside the playoff spots right now, the Panthers have the best goal differential. And it's not really close either.
I know it's a bit early, but it's a good stat to have in your favor.

The weird thing though are our advanced stats. Our possession numbers-corsi, fenwick, offensive chances/60 mins are all pretty bad.

I don't think we are possessing the puck as much or as often as last year?

But then again our Goals For is ranked 15th in the league. When was the last time the panthers weren't in the bottom 10 in league scoring?

ratmanfu

Jun 23, 2004
Hendersonville, NC
Early Christmas present, my wife got us tix to this game.

Been a few years since I saw some NHL action in person, what with the closest teams being 4-5 hours away from me (Preds, Canes)

Should be an excellent game. Both teams are seeing a lot of output from their youngsters.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
The weird thing though are our advanced stats. Our possession numbers-corsi, fenwick, offensive chances/60 mins are all pretty bad.

But then again our Goals For is ranked 15th in the league. When was the last time the panthers weren't in the bottom 10 in league scoring?
:dunno: lol.

Just a shot in the dark, 2011-2012.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013

Been massively inconsistent. Since the the start of the 5 game win stats #s have actually been very positive.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Our goals per is misleading though

With the exception of the Rangers game, we score a lot of goals when the game is a blowout.

Still too many 1 and 2 goal games.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Another three game win streak would be huge. No reason we can't beat Carolina and then have a *gasp* four game win streak and beat Vancouver. Then we have a huge game against Ottawa that we must win!

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013

It would be 2008-2009, the year the Panthers lost the tie breaker to the Habs to get in the playoffs.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary

Been a few years since I saw some NHL action in person, what with the closest teams being 4-5 hours away from me (Preds, Canes)

Should be an excellent game. Both teams are seeing a lot of output from their youngsters.

Have fun. Why don't you post anymore ? Still a lurker ?

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Have a blast man, nothing like going to see some live puck! :hit: :hockey:

I got surprised last year and went with the wife and her whole family down to Ft. Lauderdale for Xmas break. Hadn't been in about a decade. Saw three games in four days: Leafs, Habs, & NYR on New Years Eve. T'was a Christmas miracle! :santa:

I try and make it out to one game a year, usually in Detroit (only a 1 1/2 hr from my place).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad