Post-Game Talk: Panthers @ Hurricanes 12/18: Versteeg's poor backchecking finally benefits Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I only caught pieces of the game.

How does Knight look other than faceoff department?

I gave him a closer look this game. Good spacing, can skate well, makes the right play in his own end, puck clearance well off boards/glass, comes back really deep in his own end to help out Dmen and first to puck sometimes even before his own Dmen. Anything else guys? Faceoffs as mentioned prior. He won back to back draws in 15 second span I think at one point.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
While I don't see a lot of upside offensively Knight could be a solid 4th line C... really small sample size still though, a lot of guys can come up and be impressive for 5-10 games. Faceoffs are by far his biggest strength.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Pretty much every finnish NHLer that has made significant money owns a share of there "childhood" team

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I caught the 3rd period but going back and looking at the condensed game version, it seemed like all Carolina. Hopefully we got that ugly/tired game out of the way.

-ghoste

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I caught the 3rd period but going back and looking at the condensed game version, it seemed like all Carolina. Hopefully we got that ugly/tired game out of the way.

-ghoste
Na, it was even. But that's not a bad thing, Carolina always plays well.

Devils lose so we can keep wearing that playoff sheen.

More importantly Pittsburgh and Philly lost. Good results.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
whenever mac is healthy and ready to go (and bjugstad too), i wonder if they'd try knight at 3c and mac at 4c. to have half our centers very good at face-offs would be big, and theres nothing about bjugstad's game that suggests he needs to play center other than you'd prefer to have size down the middle. he isnt particularly amazing at face-offs or at defense, he doesn't distribute the puck much, hands are alright. if knight can play solid defense on top of his face-off skills and help distribute the puck around a bit then i say let him try to center bjugstad and pirri on the 3rd (the trocheck line being #2 but theyre interchangeable so don't get hung up on "line 3"). and then have howden and shaw on the 4th with mac with brickley as the 13th.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
whenever mac is healthy and ready to go (and bjugstad too), i wonder if they'd try knight at 3c and mac at 4c. to have half our centers very good at face-offs would be big, and theres nothing about bjugstad's game that suggests he needs to play center other than you'd prefer to have size down the middle. he isnt particularly amazing at face-offs or at defense, he doesn't distribute the puck much, hands are alright. if knight can play solid defense on top of his face-off skills and help distribute the puck around a bit then i say let him try to center bjugstad and pirri on the 3rd (the trocheck line being #2 but theyre interchangeable so don't get hung up on "line 3"). and then have howden and shaw on the 4th with mac with brickley as the 13th.

Bjugstad struggled at the start, but I'm pretty sure he was a beast in the faceoff-circle this year !?

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Bjugstad struggled at the start, but I'm pretty sure he was a beast in the faceoff-circle this year !?

The week or two before his injury, he was really starting to dominate in the circle. I can't remember what wingers he was playing with, but I'd guess that having Trocheck and Bjugstad alongside Smith or Jokinen on the second line would even improve those numbers. It gives you two centers who are improving in the draw and a winger who knows how to fight for the fifty-fifty battles.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Back in a wildcard spot with still half the season to go. Still lots of room for improvement but the team is playing well right now. I like that we have a problem with the call ups playing well and wondering where they'll be able to fit once everyone is healthy.

We win when Bolland isn't in. Haha

Pittsburgh still hasn't won since firing their coach, as I said, that's not an answer and brings no guarantees. Especially when you're fighting for a playoff spot and had the improvements we did last season. Was never a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad