GDT: Panthers @ Golden Knights 2017/12/17: And a big yellow taxi took my Coach away

What return interests you more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Anyone else finding themselves in the situation were your just thinking should I even bother to watch the games anymore. I've never ever felt this way before. It's just such a huge mess the organization from top to bottom and I just don't see them fixing it. What happen last season set us back so much.

Last year I stopped watching in the middle of the season because it was the worst experience as a fan for me.

I said it back then, if we had just sucked the usual way I wouldn't have had any issues watching the traditional, underwhelming hockey team that is the Panthers. But we were heading the right direction, had great results and honestly, I had never felt as optimistic about the team as I did then.

Then they rip the heart out. Because of some f***ing stats.

It's going to take a really long time for me to start caring about this team again the way I used to. I still watch but unlike before, I easily prioritize other stuff ahead of this team. I mean, it could be another GM or coach next year again, new palyers, who knows, I have zero faith in the current management.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Last year I stopped watching in the middle of the season because it was the worst experience as a fan for me.

I said it back then, if we had just sucked the usual way I wouldn't have had any issues watching the traditional, underwhelming hockey team that is the Panthers. But we were heading the right direction, had great results and honestly, I had never felt as optimistic about the team as I did then.

Then they rip the heart out. Because of some ****ing stats.

It's going to take a really long time for me to start caring about this team again the way I used to. I still watch but unlike before, I easily prioritize other stuff ahead of this team. I mean, it could be another GM or coach next year again, new palyers, who knows, I have zero faith in the current management.

Ditto

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL

I could not agree more! It makes the drive to/from the games something we do not look forward to.

Next season we won't be getting full season tickets after 10+years. We will get the 11 game weekend plan just in case.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

Bolded part is exactly what I felt then and now even more

You get the taste of it. For the first time ever were looking like a professionally run team. Then.. BAM!!

I have zero confidence this team will go anywhere as long as Viola & co own it unless they really let hockey people run it

Reactions: Vilam

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013

This is pretty much my feeling. I tried to watch every game, if not then the condensed game highlights. Last season I just watched the goals come about Feb. This season it's difficult to do even that. I usually, if I'm watching the game, have it on as background while I do something else. then tune out when it gets to losing again. I don't even catch the highlights if I miss a game completely.

Learning about all the stuff that was going on behind the scenes last season has just made this all very defeating. I don't have much hope they will pull it out of the cycle because the rot comes straight from ownership.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
There are actually ppl who think Gallant is overrated? Unbelie

I know this is sarcasm but There are ppl who think Gallant is average and Florida just got by on goalrending despite the fact VGK has used a million goalies and has a bad roster :laugh:

Yup he’s a dinosaur who can’t win in the new NHL that’s built on speed and scoring. All the good things that happened when he was here was due to PDO.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
This is pretty much spot on what I feel too since the Gallant firing after the most fun season I had as a fan since the '96 Cup. I wasn't happy with ownership changing Tallon's role, bringing in Rowe, going all in on the analytic path, trading Gudbranson and Kuikov, and bringing in a guys like Yandle and Demers, but whatever. I was willing to accept it while we played mediocre hockey and hoped things would go back to the previous season. However, when Gallant was fired and Rowe was in charge made me literally sick for the rest of the season last year. By February or so, I couldn't even bare to watch the games. Something I've never done since becoming a fan 21 years prior.

This season, I had better expectations with Tallon back in charge and Rowe gone. Although, after letting Marchy and Smith go, I still wasn't overly positive that we'd be a playoff team. Surely, better than last season. As a STH, I went to the first two home games and thought we looked pretty damn good beating the Bolts and Blues. However, since then, it feels like last season all over again . I have no optimism that management is going to change anything and it's pretty much too late now with under a 10% chance at making the playoffs as we're so damn inconsistent. Every time we win a game or two, we can't continue the same pressure against our opponents. That last game in Colorado reminded me so much like last season where the players just didn't give a crap and had a weak effort.

I haven't gone to a home game since we beat the Blues as I have many other priorities in life that I feel are much more worth my effort. Money back from selling tickets is a joke since most of the fanbase feels just like the rest of us do. Why spend your hard-earned money on a team that is on pace for 77 points or something and has an unknown future ahead of them? I try to watch every game, but my effort in watching most of them is not the same as it's usually on in the background while I'm accomplishing other things. It's just really sad to think about knowing that we were likely on a major step forward to possibly win a Cup a few years down the road in 2016.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I agree with y'all having a tough time watching games anymore. Try being a season seat holder....

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
We did get on by goaltending, but that's completely separate from Vegas.

provide numbers to support this please.

The 2015/16 Florida Panthers had the following statistics:

11th in shots against
4th in scoring chances against
7th in high danger scoring chances against

Out of 72 qualifying goalies (200 minutes)

Al Montoya was 36th in high danger sv%
Roberto Luongo was 40th in high danger sv%

And before anyone mentions Florida having the 3rd highest sv% of goalies,

Al Montoya was 2nd of 72 qualifying goalies in low danger sv%
Roberto Luongo was 30th of 72 goalies in low danger sv%

So in short, they didn't give up scoring chances or high danger chances, they didn't give up shots, and goaltending was average against high danger chances, but yeah, it was all Luongo and Montoya.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Vegas Golden Knights:

5th in shots against
8th in scoring chances against
9th in high danger scoring chances against

Out of 64 qualifying goalies (200 minutes)

Malcolm Subban is 44th in high danger sv%
Marc-Andre Fleury is 57th in high danger sv%
Vegas is 10th against in Goals against per game

So in short, they don't give up scoring chances or high danger chances, they don't give up shots, and goaltending is mediocre against high danger chances, but in this case it's completely separate from the 2016 Panthers.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
This is pretty much spot on what I feel too since the Gallant firing after the most fun season I had as a fan since the '96 Cup. I wasn't happy with ownership changing Tallon's role, bringing in Rowe, going all in on the analytic path, trading Gudbranson and Kuikov, and bringing in a guys like Yandle and Demers, but whatever. I was willing to accept it while we played mediocre hockey and hoped things would go back to the previous season. However, when Gallant was fired and Rowe was in charge made me literally sick for the rest of the season last year. By February or so, I couldn't even bare to watch the games. Something I've never done since becoming a fan 21 years prior.

This season, I had better expectations with Tallon back in charge and Rowe gone. Although, after letting Marchy and Smith go, I still wasn't overly positive that we'd be a playoff team. Surely, better than last season. As a STH, I went to the first two home games and thought we looked pretty damn good beating the Bolts and Blues. However, since then, it feels like last season all over again . I have no optimism that management is going to change anything and it's pretty much too late now with under a 10% chance at making the playoffs as we're so damn inconsistent. Every time we win a game or two, we can't continue the same pressure against our opponents. That last game in Colorado reminded me so much like last season where the players just didn't give a crap and had a weak effort.

I haven't gone to a home game since we beat the Blues as I have many other priorities in life that I feel are much more worth my effort. Money back from selling tickets is a joke since most of the fanbase feels just like the rest of us do. Why spend your hard-earned money on a team that is on pace for 77 points or something and has an unknown future ahead of them? I try to watch every game, but my effort in watching most of them is not the same as it's usually on in the background while I'm accomplishing other things. It's just really sad to think about knowing that we were likely on a major step forward to possibly win a Cup a few years down the road in 2016.
You all sound like you're gushing to me. :sarcasm:

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Funny how people get triggered over the smallest things. But tallon takes some shots at the panthers fan base and it’s all ok, he was just making a joke with his buddy Bergevin...he didn’t mean it! :sarcasm: :laugh:

Reactions: Kid Icarus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad