GDT: Panthers @ Golden Knights 2017/12/17: And a big yellow taxi took my Coach away

What return interests you more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I think as usual the fans are making a bigger deal about the outside dynamics of the game than the people actually involved.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I don’t know what “bad” team people are looking at. Vegas’ roster is arguably better than ours.

Vegas had every team in the league by the balls and came out with a good solid group of players.

Thanks in part to Uncle Dale.

I’m also surprised Gallant isnt in the lineup. You’d think he leads the Golden Knights in scoring the way he gets praised around here.

I agree.
Barkov < Karlsson, Huberdeau < Smith, Dadonov < March
McGinn p>

I mean, their top 6 blows ours away! Barkov doesn't hold a candle to Karlsson. Huberdeau is an one dimensional winger! Smith can PK!
Dadonov was some bust originally by the DEVIL LUCCCEEE.
I mean everyone knows, ask around, who would take a roster with Barkov, Trocheck or Huberdeau when you can have your two top centers be KArlsson and Haula and your #1 winger be Reilly Smith?

I mean they don't have Bjugstad, we do. We lose.

Their bottom siz is loaded with all stars. I mean who doesn't know Tomas Nosek? Or Air Conditioner Carrier?

Then you look at the D- Pairings. I agree. No Kulikov or Gudbranson makes our D-core look weak against Derek HOF Engelland and Theodore. Good call.
WE got some Pysyk dude and they got Schmidt. Lot cooler name.
Keith Yandwho? Aaron Ekbust? Yea, clear cut winner for Vegas for the D-core.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I agree.
Barkov < Karlsson, Huberdeau < Smith, Dadonov < March
McGinn p>

I mean, their top 6 blows ours away! Barkov doesn't hold a candle to Karlsson. Huberdeau is an one dimensional winger! Smith can PK!
Dadonov was some bust originally by the DEVIL LUCCCEEE.
I mean everyone knows, ask around, who would take a roster with Barkov, Trocheck or Huberdeau when you can have your two top centers be KArlsson and Haula and your #1 winger be Reilly Smith?

I mean they don't have Bjugstad, we do. We lose.

Their bottom siz is loaded with all stars. I mean who doesn't know Tomas Nosek? Or Air Conditioner Carrier?

Then you look at the D- Pairings. I agree. No Kulikov or Gudbranson makes our D-core look weak against Derek HOF Engelland and Theodore. Good call.
WE got some Pysyk dude and they got Schmidt. Lot cooler name.
Keith Yandwho? Aaron Ekbust? Yea, clear cut winner for Vegas for the D-core.

Like I mentioned in the other thread. We have a top heavy team. Their forward depth is much better than ours.

3/4 forwards and a bunch of crap that follows. So unless you can play Barkov/Tro/Huberdeau the entire game, yeah Vegas forwards are better.

Sorry you had to type all that nonsense.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Funny that people are so quick to say we never should have let Gallant go but accept losing Smith and March for nothing. Two players we could desperately use.
Owner directly responsible for both.. not much to say otherwise.. this is why owners that meddle r unsuccessful 99 percent of the time and people r still pissed.. this should not be a hard concept to understand and it's getting tiring explaining

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Uncle Dale directly responsible for both.. not much to say otherwise.. this is why owners that meddle r unsuccessful 99 percent of the time and people r still pissed.. this should not be a hard concept to understand and it's getting tiring explaining

Fixed that for ya

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Like I mentioned in the other thread. We have a top heavy team. Their forward depth is much better than ours.

3/4 forwards and a bunch of crap that follows. So unless you can play Barkov/Tro/Huberdeau the entire game, yeah Vegas forwards are better.

Their bottom 6 is better. Their defensive core is not better than ours. They are just playing a system that limits the other team's chances.

The only nonsense I see is you pulling out whatever excuse you can get just to discount the fact Gallant is a huge, huge reason they are doing well.

Reactions: I am not exposed

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Owner directly responsible for both.. not much to say otherwise.. this is why owners that meddle r unsuccessful 99 percent of the time and people r still pissed.. this should not be a hard concept to understand and it's getting tiring explaining
Not sure what you're replying to

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Their bottom 6 is better. Their defensive core is not better than ours. They are just playing a system that limits the other team's chances.

The only nonsense I see is you pulling out whatever excuse you can get just to discount the fact Gallant is a huge, huge reason they are doing well.

You guys don’t even know what system Gallant employs lol.

Their bottom 9 is better.

And if our defensive core is better, maybe that just goes to show you that having a good offense is more important than you thought.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Panthers fans be like this for this game:

I2IfuTg.jpg

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

You said roster, and now it's forwards.

I would definitely agree about forward depth. But overall, no, still think our roster is better.

Last edited:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

Disagree.

We didn't lose Smith and March purely due to the owners.
Could of gone 5-3-1 and kept Smith and March. Even with the scenario of Bjugstad being unmovable minus a draft pick to go along with him.
Or if he was claimed, could of then gone after Dadonov

Smith and March salaries = Dadonov and Vrbata give or take.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
There are actually ppl who think Gallant is overrated? Unbelie
But he doesn’t have anything to do with that he’s a lousy coach. Also he hasn’t had to deal with adversity like the panthers have his starting goalie has been healthy all year and stealing games for them.......
I know this is sarcasm but There are ppl who think Gallant is average and Florida just got by on goalrending despite the fact VGK has used a million goalies and has a bad roster :laugh:

Reactions: I am not exposed

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
There are actually ppl who think Gallant is overrated? Unbelie

I know this is sarcasm but There are ppl who think Gallant is average and Florida just got by on goalrending despite the fact VGK has used a million goalies and has a bad roster :laugh:

We did get on by goaltending, but that's completely separate from Vegas.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I don’t know what “bad” team people are looking at. Vegas’ roster is arguably better than ours.

Vegas had every team in the league by the balls and came out with a good solid group of players.

Thanks in part to Uncle Dale.

I’m also surprised Gallant isnt in the lineup. You’d think he leads the Golden Knights in scoring the way he gets praised around here.

No, on paper, we have a better roster.

Of course, the game isn't played on paper, and they are performing really well.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Anyone else finding themselves in the situation were your just thinking should I even bother to watch the games anymore. I've never ever felt this way before. It's just such a huge mess the organization from top to bottom and I just don't see them fixing it. What happen last season set us back so much.

Reactions: Ghoste

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Again. Our roster then and roster now are garbage. Garbage.

No hall of fame coach could take this team or that team to the promised land of not getting embarrassed in the first round.

The only way out of this hell is more top 5 picks. The rebuild continues.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Our roster is a couple pieces away from being really good.

Barkov, Tro and Huberdeau are excellent pieces to build around. I think all three are top 30 in scoring. We basically have a #1C-a and #1C-b. That's stellar.

Our bottom 9 is all replaceable and we need a better third and fourth line center. Quality wingers like March and Smith probably have us in a playoff spot.

Defensively we're too young. Another year might help but a top 4 veteran d-man would make a huge difference.

Goaltending we're in a weird spot and I have feeling we'll improve the above and then be maligned with mediocre goaltending.

Honestly, the hardest positions we've got filled. #1 D is by committee with Yandle and Ekblad for now and they've done very well.

The biggest thing holding us back is an internal cap and wether or not Tallon is good enough to get the rest of the pieces.

All we need is a team that flips like 4 or 5 losses to wins and we'd be in a playoff spot. Not that far off.

Reactions: KW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad