GDT: Panthers @ Golden Knights 2017/12/17: And a big yellow taxi took my Coach away

What return interests you more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
DREJQWCVQAAmOE-.jpg

Gerard Gallant faces his former team for the first time and looks to give Fla a big

UlGL1il.gif

Danny_Mc_Bride2.gif

:panthers

PithjY9.png

nyVm4py.png

Healthy Scratches- Radim Vrbata, Dryden Hunt
Injuries: Roberto Luongo (IR)

STARTING GOALIE

2481.jpg

James Reimer
6-8-4 .896 SV% 3.48GAA

:vegas

c42ToU8.png

0HrWUCZ.png

Healthy Scratches-Ryan Carpenter, Brad Hunt
Injuries: Luca Sbisa, Oscar Dansk, Clayton Stoner, David Clarkson, Reid Duke, Mikhail Grabovski (all out for Sunday's game)

STARTING GOALIE

1641.jpg

Marc-Andre Fleury

4-1-1 .934 SV% 2.13 GAA

Game Story:

The media discussion around this game will obviously focus on Gallant's return vs Florida. While the Golden Knights were given the best opportunity to ice an expansion roster in NHL history, the general consensus was that they would be a bottom 5 team, with Vegas (ironically) setting their point total at 80.5. As their record indicates, they have quickly risen to become one of the better teams in the league, with Gallant in line for his 1st Jack Adams. The optics of the November 2016 firing of Gallant and Mike Kelly was a field day for the media that the Panthers have arguably not recovered from.

hwNwqs1.jpg

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Holy hell great thread. Truly let one of the best get away. Look at their team that is an 85 pt team being nice he is leading to a playoff spot.

Bobblebee

Formerly Optimus Reim
Dec 22, 2015
B.C.
I might have to cry during this game. To see such a great bench boss go, and do what he did with Florida. Take a bad team and make it good real quick.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I don’t know what “bad” team people are looking at. Vegas’ roster is arguably better than ours.

Vegas had every team in the league by the balls and came out with a good solid group of players.

Thanks in part to Uncle Dale.

I’m also surprised Gallant isnt in the lineup. You’d think he leads the Golden Knights in scoring the way he gets praised around here.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
My question is how crazy will they be when they do the smart thing and jettison their UFAs and players that wont be long term with the team, regardless of what happens this season.

Will the same fans support those moves, only because it is not our team?

I mean they are on track for a Cup before us, just look at last season and look at the point difference, they are already 30+ points over last season. Year over year improvment dictates, dynasty, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: RainingRats

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
My question is how crazy will they be when they do the smart thing and jettison their UFAs and players that wont be long term with the team, regardless of what happens this season.

Will the same fans support those moves, only because it is not our team?

I mean they are on track for a Cup before us, just look at last season and look at the point difference, they are already 30+ points over last season. Year over year improvment dictates, dynasty, lol.
I'll add your qoute from the other GDT as well:
"Very delusional, now take a stab at that garunteed year over year improvement using your own example of Edmonton, as a team "that got it right". And they have the best player in the league now, lol. We "blew up our team", and they made it to the conference finals, so why do we have the same record? Maybe its not as easy as just that? Maybe. Just maybe, just because they were competitive last year was no garauntee for the next one. Maybe? Tallon had many options at the expansion draft. Its not crazy to discuss other possibilities. Tallon had many options at the expansion draft. Its not crazy to discuss other possibilities."

I don't see what argument you're trying to make. So you're saying the direction they were headed was no guarantee, so we're supposed to go with the direction that doesn't even have track record at all, plus that direction has no guarantees just like the direction we were going, just for kicks? And that's on top of the previous 20+ years of failure. Maybe if this was a franchise that had, had past success to get you through tough times, but this franchise couldn't afford gambles at all.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I'll add your qoute from the other GDT as well:
"Very delusional, now take a stab at that garunteed year over year improvement using your own example of Edmonton, as a team "that got it right". And they have the best player in the league now, lol. We "blew up our team", and they made it to the conference finals, so why do we have the same record? Maybe its not as easy as just that? Maybe. Just maybe, just because they were competitive last year was no garauntee for the next one. Maybe? Tallon had many options at the expansion draft. Its not crazy to discuss other possibilities. Tallon had many options at the expansion draft. Its not crazy to discuss other possibilities."

I don't see what argument you're trying to make. So you're saying the direction they were headed was no guarantee, so we're supposed to go with the direction that doesn't even have track record at all, plus that direction has no guarantees just like the direction we were going, just for kicks? And that's on top of the previous 20+ years of failure. Maybe if this was a franchise that had, had past success to get you through tough times, but this franchise couldn't afford gambles at all.

This consistent gushing over middle of the road players/coaches/management/other teams, is meant to do one thing. Continue to push a narrative that was false. If you dont follow what people are talking about on every double ended comment, then you are one of the precious few that are oblivious.

Reactions: RainingRats

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
If by some miracle Florida wins, what does it prove? Absolutely nothing.

If Vegas wins as expected, does it mean the cycle of GG's revenge is complete? I have no idea, but that's what this game seems to be about. Vegas wins, the media trashes the Panthers, everyone else is happy. Maybe GG will send his goons after AB and VT and JH, and finish the job.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

If Vegas wins as expected, does it mean the cycle of GG's revenge is complete? I have no idea, but that's what this game seems to be about. Vegas wins, the media trashes the Panthers, everyone else is happy. Maybe GG will send his goons after AB and VT and JH, and finish the job.

I am sure GG has had this circled òn the calendar since the schedule came out, as well he should. I liked GG and what he did for the team, but I also like BB, both make the Rowezone even worse than we all thought it was.

Nothing against GG, he is just no longer with the team. Same for Smitty and Mech.

I am expecting a chippy game, and honestly we play better when we do IMO.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013

His team is 20-9-2 and top 5 in the league, he doesn’t need “revenge.”

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Gallant is going to come back to the same two thousand fans yelling “let’s go Panthers” and it’s going to hit him that things often work out better than they seem at first. He’s right where he’s supposed to be.

Reactions: 5 Hole

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Drinking game for Sunday

Listen to Gallant's pregame interview

-Take a shot every time he says real gud or real well

When the game starts
-Take a shot every time Potvin uses a French accent for Fleury, Pierre-Edouard Bellmare, and Jonathan Marchessault

(have an ambulance on standby)

What about Jonathan WHO bur DOUGH?

(Or are you just trying to keep people out of the hospital?)

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
His team is 20-9-2 and top 5 in the league, he doesn’t need “revenge.”
Other than getting in the playoffs, revenge against the panthers is what he wants more than anything.

And there will be many here who will be happy when that happens, because in the end it's the owners' fault.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
But he doesn’t have anything to do with that he’s a lousy coach. Also he hasn’t had to deal with adversity like the panthers have his starting goalie has been healthy all year and stealing games for them.......
LVK has literally played like 7 goalies this year.

Is this intentionally wrong?

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
This consistent gushing over middle of the road players/coaches/management/other teams, is meant to do one thing. Continue to push a narrative that was false. If you dont follow what people are talking about on every double ended comment, then you are one of the precious few that are oblivious.
What's gushing? You had 2 directions to choose. One was nothing, the other was something. I wanted the one with something. What's gushing about that? I love how you guys like to put these names on it like that changes anything. That "middle of the road" was better than the other option that you're "gushing" over.

Reactions: I am not exposed

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Other than getting in the playoffs, revenge against the panthers is what he wants more than anything.

And there will be many here who will be happy when that happens, because in the end it's the owners' fault.

Don’t think so at all. This game means a lot more to the Panthers than Gallant, he has his team and is focused on making the playoffs. In the scenario we’re the junkie ex-lover seeing our last already moved on and successful.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
BOLD PREDICTION:

Florida wins 3-2 scoring in the last minute of the game. This pushes Vegas into a losing streak that propels them to the bottom of the standings, drains their confidence, and ruins their chances at a playoff spot.

Kidding, lol.

Panthers find a way to lose in regulation. Smith and/or Marchy factor into the scoresheet in some fashion. Gallant laughs about it after the game.

We continue to be league's laughing stock.

Dale continues to talk about what a bright future we have.

Have a nice day.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Funny that people are so quick to say we never should have let Gallant go but accept losing Smith and March for nothing. Two players we could desperately use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad